Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

Hey, everyone! Just came home from pre-interview. Little bit nervous and frustrated((( I have a dilemma right now! Would be really appreciated for your advises and own stories.

I've been working more than 10 years as a driver, have B (PS), passed for A class category, BUT I HAVE 1 TICKET STILL PENDING FROM 2012 FOR ILLEGAL TERN. it's 2 points. The case is still in process. I hired an attorney. The last court will be in October 2014. My attorney believes we will win it.

As you understand, they stopped the process. I was offered to go and pay my ticket same day, and try to get back by 2.30 pm. So I could get 2 points for 18 mnth on my license , and for 3 years on my car insurance. And they could offer me the opportunity to start training on July 14. But If I get 2 more points, I would be kicked out from the system. I decided not to pay. Plus couldn't get back by 2.30 pm.

The other choice was wait till October, then call them with the result, and schedule a new appointment ( they gave me an envelope with application, and return slip) I don't know should I go tomorrow and pay this ticket or wait till October?? Is it possible to come back without any problems? Did anybody have the same story? Thank you!

How many pts do u have on your licnese now?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would defiantly pay the ticket and take the 2 points!! You have the opportunity of becoming a city employee with the potential of earning a 6 figure income don't let it slip away... Just my opinion. Good luck either way!!

I would defiantly pay the ticket and take the 2 points!! You have the opportunity of becoming a city employee with the potential of earning a 6 figure income don't let it slip away... Just my opinion. Good luck either way!!

It sounds as if he already has 3 pts on his license that's why he's fighting this ticket. If he pays the ticket he would b ova the 4 pt maximum for the job.

Thank you for responding! I don't have any points on my record. That's why want to finish the court fight, and do not add those 2 points to my record. Does it make sense if I come back in October? Would they accept me?  The person who checked my application told me that I can come back as soon as I solve my ticket problem.( in general  we have 4 years) They gave me a return slip with phone number where I should call to schedule a new appt for the  interview.  

Thank you for responding! I don't have any points on my record. That's why want to finish the court fight, and do not add those 2 points to my record. Does it make sense if I come back in October? Would they accept me? The person who checked my application told me that I can come back as soon as I solve my ticket problem.( in general we have 4 years) They gave me a return slip with phone number where I should call to schedule a new appt for the interview.

Being that u have no pts on your record I would just pay the ticket and get started with my career job asap. But u waited two yrs trying to fight the ticket so just wait till oct. But them again u could wait till oct & still lose in court and get the 2 pts.

Anton for only 2pts I would of paid that ticket since 2012 if I was you and even today I would of paid it if I was you. The filing for this exam was since summer of 2012 I believe you would of been all cleared up by now and what if october comes and you dont win in court then what, you would be worse off than you are now and still be facing the same situation with the mta as you are now. Like someone else mentioned you are passing up a very good opportunity. If it were me I would have paid it and start my processing and not wait for October and to Dre87 I dont think he has points already because the mta would not tell him to go pay it if it would put him over the 4pts minimum then that would be a waste of time and money he would be better off waiting till October. Which ever way you decide to handle it think about it very seriously and choose the best option for you. Just to quote what I was told when I went for medical "The mta is not in the business of holding jobs for people so if you are given anything to take care of then do so as soon as possible and return as soon as possible because theres thousands of people waiting to take this job from you"

@tone718 @pilot4u how are you guys doing so far on day 1?

I am good training out QV with Sup tender Giamo Shes very cool we did L turns today on verey tight streets and then I drove half way back to depo we got one guy with permit only in the class so far I am doing good and how is yore training going?

Thank you for responding! I don't have any points on my record. That's why want to finish the court fight, and do not add those 2 points to my record. Does it make sense if I come back in October? Would they accept me? The person who checked my application told me that I can come back as soon as I solve my ticket problem.( in general we have 4 years) They gave me a return slip with phone number where I should call to schedule a new appt for the interview.

Being that u have no pts on your record I would just pay the ticket and get started with my career job asap. But u waited two yrs trying to fight the ticket so just wait till oct. But them again u could wait till oct & still lose in court and get the 2 pts.

Anton that's a very good question. I got my first call back in March with list #116x

I had the same issue with a pending ticket that would give me 3pts. I was advised there to pay or return after my court date. I paid that day and returned and finished the drug test and everything done on day one.

Now here's where the prob is... As u see in this thread there are ppl with list numbers way past 1160's already training. I haven't heard back from the MTA as of yet. I spoke to ms chestnut and she tells me nothing but to wait for a call or letter.

Now seeing as I don't and never have done drugs. The only reason I can see for not being called back as of yet is this point issue,... Again this is my experience.

So, from my story I hope u can make the right decision that works for u... Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anton that's a very good question. I got my first call back in March with list #116x

I had the same issue with a pending ticket that would give me 3pts. I was advised there to pay or return after my court date. I paid that day and returned and finished the drug test and everything done on day one.

Now here's where the prob is... As u see in this thread there are ppl with list numbers way past 1160's already training. I haven't heard back from the MTA as of yet. I spoke to ms chestnut and she tells me nothing but to wait for a call or letter.

Now seeing as I don't and never have done drugs. The only reason I can see for not being called back as of yet is this point issue,... Again this is my experience.

So, from my story I hope u can make the right decision that works for u... Good luck

Did 90 days pass already?

After first pre employment date at Livingston, how long does first call back usually take and what are the next steps in the process if everything would go smooth.. I'm trying to get an estimated time weeks or months

Thanks Steve

It takes anywhere from 2-90 days for the next call back for a full physical, each drug test is only good for 30 days. Drug test and physical are 2 different things. The first time you go to Livingstone street, that's the drug test, now your waiting for the call back for physical which usually is a phone call. If 30 days or more elapses between initial drug test and physical you will take another drug test.

Did 90 days pass already?

Yup. On the 24th

Archived