Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

Hello everyone, new to the forum as a member. Read it for a while but never signed up but anyway I'm currently a checker for the MTA have been for about a year and a half and waiting to be called for bus operator on this test. I'm full of information if anyone has questions or anything just ask.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can pick into an OA depot if you are TA and vice versa when the system pick comes its effective from January but you pick in October I think but you may not even have that option because its a possibility you can be bumped out of your depot. But when your time comes to pick if the depot of your choice has room available you can pick into it. Aside from that way I dont know if you can transfer you will have to find out from your depot. But as as rookie I think it will be best to finish your probation at the same depot that you started at once you dont get bump out from that depot. Thats just my opinion.

Hey again list number 1,28* kb depot yesterday was day 6 which was okay and today ill start my day 7 wish me luck .p.s stay in ur mirrors call out all raod hazards early forward planning is the key.look ova ur previous day sheets and fix ur mistakes and good luck to all

I gotta go to day 9 for directional signals when switching lanes once, and one wide turn out of like 30. So Hernandez could kiss my ass.

Tell me about it. I also had him back in February out of Flatbush as well. He seemed harder on me and one other classmate, who never drove a bus before, compared to 2 of my other classmates who drove a School Bus and a Coach Bus in the past...

Yea this guy Hernandez had me driving for about two and a half hours, and two others only drove for about a half hour. Wrote down my only two mistakes meanwhile others did twice as much mistakes in less than half the time so im hoping he chokes on a chicken bone. That guy is just a d*ck. hopefully i get someone who is fair.

Yea this guy Hernandez had me driving for about two and a half hours, and two others only drove for about a half hour. Wrote down my only two mistakes meanwhile others did twice as much mistakes in less than half the time so im hoping he chokes on a chicken bone. That guy is just a d*ck. hopefully i get someone who is fair.

Tell me about it. As far as getting someone who is fair, I had Supt. Velez for Days 8 and 9 out of a depot in the Bronx (don't remember which one). On Day 8 he set a few ground rules which made our lives easier - including no pre-trip, no parking, no backing up, etc. He also mentioned that we didn't have to call out anything (like School crossing, school zone, hazards, etc) which made our lives a little easier, especially on Day 9.

There's an old saying in life: "Treat others the way you want to be treated." I just hope that this famous saying comes into play with the way this Superintendent out of the Flatbush Depot has been treating his students, especially those who do not have any CDL knowledge coming into this.

That's all for now...

hey, guys! 

I need a little direction, I reported to Livington St on July 3, for processing and drug test for (TA) 2613. Then a week later, I got another letter in the mail from MTA to report for test number 2301 (Bus Company, part-time, express bus) on July 12 for processing and drug test. Fast forward to this Monday, July 21, got a call from MTA to report for medical for test number 2301 on Thursday, July 31. I am going to go for processing for bus company but do you think that will mess up my chances with TA? The strange thing is I am in process for two bus opertor test at the same time. It is a blessing but its slightly stressful.

hey, guys! 

I need a little direction, I reported to Livington St on July 3, for processing and drug test for (TA) 2613. Then a week later, I got another letter in the mail from MTA to report for test number 2301 (Bus Company, part-time, express bus) on July 12 for processing and drug test. Fast forward to this Monday, July 21, got a call from MTA to report for medical for test number 2301 on Thursday, July 31. I am going to go for processing for bus company but do you think that will mess up my chances with TA? The strange thing is I am in process for two bus opertor test at the same time. It is a blessing but its slightly stressful.

Stick to TA.

I would still go in on the 31st and explain it to them and try to find out how far away they are from you on 2613 and who knows you just might be lucky and finish processing for would be told when to return for 2613 but you diffenitly want 2613 dont mess with that MTA bus mess

In a nut shell... TA is a civil service position (you are a NYC employee) MTA Bus is not. (You are not a NYC employee). Benefits and retirement differ. MTA Bus was formed from all the private lines (Green Line Bus Co. Jamaica Bus. Queens Surface. Command Bus Co.). There's no part-time in TA (not yet anyways) and MTA Bus Contracts aren't as good as TA contracts.

Also TA has a much better pension than mta bus and its even better than OA's pension. Not to mention its full time. The only thing I would say is that Mta bus might be a bit easier on the job since you deal with less stops and less people ect..

Also TA has a much better pension than mta bus and its even better than OA's pension. Not to mention its full time. The only thing I would say is that Mta bus might be a bit easier on the job since you deal with less stops and less people ect..

I second the pension comment its terrible over there even compared to OA as tild to me by their ops. And do they really make less stops? being PT he is most likely going to spring creek. Even with the 103 being FT limited its still pretty long same with a few of the BMs express routes

Quick question , why is TA the best and MTA Bus the worst ? Is it because of the pension ? Or because mta bus has yet to get their new contract ?

Really dude you could not do a search? That question has been asked and answer a million times... It takes 5 seconds.....

Archived