Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

Okay folks, after doing a second drug test on December 19th, I got a call if not today, sometime this past Tuesday (since Wednesday was a holiday) to come back to 180 Livingston Street on December 31st at 7:30 AM for medical and possibly final processing.

My list # is 271 with a score of 87.50% on the exam.

Happy Holidays to all.

Congratulations Young! Very happy for you and very proud of you! I wish you nothing but the best, thank you for ll the information you have given us.

I hope I get called soon. Im in the 320s so havent been called for a second drug test just yet, God willing it will be soon. 

Just hope there isnt a 1 in 3 rule here.

I have a question regarding the credit check? What if your credit had problems in the past ? Will they hold that against you? Thanks you

No it's not a deciding factor in you getting hired or not. If its something serious then possibly but credit check is not a deciding factor ion getting hired by the MTA.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well guys, all of us in the 300s we should get a call in January sometime. I believe that God willing our day will come.

We just have to be patient, as hard as it is, we have no choice. Young is the highest at #271, 320s here.....so keeping my fingers crossed that I get called soon. I don't think they have called anyone in the 300s yet, especially if they are going to mix the MaBSTOA People also,

Good luck to all!

Young I see you take your medical tomorrow good luck. They send you to a computer to answer medical history question. And yes they do ask about mental health and the sleeping problem talked about earlier in the post.  So to that person worrying about it's up to you to answer it honestly or not that's your decision.  And to the other posters on this exam waiting for the call it wont take long because they calling MTA Bus and Mabstoa because they don't hire at the rate Transit hire.

Just hope there isnt a 1 in 3 rule here.

In my opinion, since only 10% of the people who took the exam initially passed to begin with (educated guess), I do not think this applies. However, I could be wrong about this.

Young I see you take your medical tomorrow good luck. They send you to a computer to answer medical history question. And yes they do ask about mental health and the sleeping problem talked about earlier in the post.  So to that person worrying about it's up to you to answer it honestly or not that's your decision.  And to the other posters on this exam waiting for the call it wont take long because they calling MTA Bus and Mabstoa because they don't hire at the rate Transit hire.

Thank you! I have been talking to a few other Transit employees and they made very strong suggestions on how to handle that. Let's just say that one of the last things you want to happen is to be put on medical hold which can just delay everything...

(Typographical error - sorry)

In my opinion, since only 10% of the people who took the exam initially passed to begin with (educated guess), I do not think this applies. However, I could be wrong about this.

Thank you! I have been talking to a few other Transit employees and they made very strong suggestions on how to handle that. Let's just say that one of the last things you want to happen is to be put on medical hold which can just delay everything...

(Typographical error - sorry)

I was gonna say.....3000 plus people passed out of 34000 initial applicants....it isn't wise to use a 1 n 3 rule. They already have a low turnout of passing and eligible candidates

Trying to see how long it took from the test date to the drug test for the people who passed.

We took the test in January of 2013..the first 500 that passed were called in for a drug test during the first 2 weeks of November 2013. Then were told we would be called for medical/training within 2 to 90 days. Some of us have been called for all of that and passed..some are still waiting like me..I'm in the 400s on the list

Thank you for the feedback on my mental illness question. I probably do not have a shot at the MTA bus operator position, especially because Exam 4600 was so easy. As much as it hurts me to admit, there are going to be too many qualified candidates for the MTA to take a chance on someone like me, who is "damaged goods." Anyway, I wish you all the best of luck. If you come across any mental hygiene questions on any paperwork you have to fill out, please post the info. Thanks again.

@Jtuseo. You never know how the situation will turn out, so still try. Obviously I along with most on this forum I dont know you situation in detail. only you know your situation. I hope you dont mind my opinion but perhaps you can speak to your health care professional about your situation, and if its an issue in which your being given medication perhaps thru a different type of therapy your doses can be lowered if that is your particular case. Pray on it, try other alternatives get other professional opinions if you really want this give it your all. Hope this helps you feel for you brother wish you the best hope this helps.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

@Rm3271 Hey congrats on finally getting the call. I wanted to ask if you worked for NICE bus I thought ibread that in a previous thread.

Yes!

Cool should be easy for you then with the experience you have. From what I hear instructors want you to listen thats all and do things there way. Good luck but I am sure your in there especially since Nice was once Transit. How long yiu been with Nice?

@Dee .... I just did some situps figure i have a year or maybe 1.5 2 or 3 who know either way need to shed pounds and be sleep isssue free B-) depends on how fast they finish hiring off 2613 and how soon they start 4600...... lets see

Archived