Official subway FAIL thread

B3 Via Av U

As for R142s, I am in the middle, but If I had to choose, I gotta side a little with VWM. The R142s are not my favorite, but I was just used to seeing them. That noise they make, and how crowded they are on the (4)(5) is my reasoning. R160Bs for NTT all the way. That ish is the joint chief.

As for geese, I hate them too. They make so much god damn noise when a brotha is tryna get some sleep. We go hunting sometimes for them, but ducks and rabbits are much better to hunt.

As for geese, I hate them too. They make so much god damn noise when a brotha is tryna get some sleep. We go hunting sometimes for them, but ducks and rabbits are much better to hunt.

I think that poster was talking about regular, non railfan riders, not actual animal geese lol.

Geese is sort of a slang term in the railfan community for everyday riders, I don't agree with it, it makes it seems like railfans are some high horse, holier than thou group. :rolleyes:

I think that poster was talking about regular, non railfan riders, not actual animal geese lol.

Geese is sort of a slang term in the railfan community for everyday riders, I don't agree with it, it makes it seems like railfans are some high horse, holier than thou group.

Wouldn't cattle more of a suitable term for everyday riders? I don't know what geese have to do with supposedly mindless everyday riders.

That's the BIGGEST coincidence ever that you posted that today! I was just there YESTERDAY and wished I had a camera so that I could put it on this thread...

And I was coming off the Williamsburg Bridge in our car! I bet you rode the train over the Williamsburg...

FAIL: R-160 LED displays freezing... really? R-142, R-143, R-160 and there's no failsafe for that? The poor customers that think they've plenty of time for their stop when they wake up–or think they missed it and run off!? The Conductor or Train Operator literally have to switch the circuit breaker [that controls those] Off to reset them and even then there's no guarantee.

• 2 weeks later...

FAIL: R-160 LED displays freezing... really? R-142, R-143, R-160 and there's no failsafe for that? The poor customers that think they've plenty of time for their stop when they wake up–or think they missed it and run off!? The Conductor or Train Operator literally have to switch the circuit breaker [that controls those] Off to reset them and even then there's no guarantee.

I saw this (E)/(F) set that had the display being (E) "Next Stop Is 50th St" "World Trade Center" But the time kept updating. Saw it on the (E) and (F) last time I was in the city.

When I was peeing at west 4 street and then a hot girl saw my cock.

1. How is this a fail? That should be a win. ;)

2. This is strictly against forum rules, why should this post not be deleted?

Man leans on over edge to see if there is a train coming. Countdown clocks are in the station.

not fail..i somewhat do this too because countdown clocks is just an estimate or if there is a unknown delay the timer will just reset itself. I had one train that had delays and instead of just saying Delay the countdown clock will stay at 0 min or it will change to 10-15min

Yeah.

My card stopped working today! I had 5 bucks left! Enough for two rides. When I swipe it once it tells me swipe again. I thought it was a read error. I tried to push the turnstile. Nothing. Then I swipe it again. "Please swipe again". I swipe and it doesn't show the normal message. It says insufficient fare! You kidding!!! I try the other one! Insufficient fare. Damn! That turnstile jacked my money! Too bad there was no booth around! (MTA), I jumped the turnstile! I'm gonna jump one more time so I can get even! I had 5 bucks on it! I even checked!

Yeah.

My card stopped working today! I had 5 bucks left! Enough for two rides. When I swipe it once it tells me swipe again. I thought it was a read error. I tried to push the turnstile. Nothing. Then I swipe it again. "Please swipe again". I swipe and it doesn't show the normal message. It says insufficient fare! You kidding!!! I try the other one! Insufficient fare. Damn! That turnstile jacked my money! Too bad there was no booth around! (MTA), I jumped the turnstile! I'm gonna jump one more time so I can get even! I had 5 bucks on it! I even checked!

Have fun paying $100 for a subway ride.

Archived