"Group of eight women stab Manhattan subway rider after he makes wisecrack"

tvega961

to be honest you sound stupid, about the TV part, you wacth too Much TV, thats why everyone is ripping on your ass, because your starting not to make sense, Number 1 Blacks aren't the only ones who go through this, Hispanics go through the Same Exact Problem and of course the TV media is always gonna show Black men being thrown in jail but you fail to realize that other races do the SAME exact or wrose crimes than Blacks, and to be real the Bronx WHERE your from have the Most Sex offenders, and Most SEX offenders or ether white or hispanic with about 25% blacks so instead of singling out people basied on race, get your ass up from that couch and stop wacthing too much fox, Because Fox is good for stirring up shit, and go outside and go see what really goes on

Ok, this is just getting to troll status. We had a good thread going, and these kinds of posts could ruin it...

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, this is just getting to troll status. We had a good thread going, and these kinds of posts could ruin it...

but i had to tell the truth, you can't base on one race all because you see them being thrown in jail, sometimes you gotta get the truth to people, but im not commenting on this no more because its pointless trying to get a point across to a person who doesn't understand what goes on in life instead of wacthing the media, this is one Major reason why African Americans Are targeted anyway, all because of the media

but i had to tell the truth, you can't base on one race all because you see them being thrown in jail, sometimes you gotta get the truth to people, but im not commenting on this no more because its pointless trying to get a point across to a person who doesn't understand what goes on in life instead of wacthing the media, this is one Major reason why African Americans Are targeted anyway, all because of the media

I can't completely agree with this because:

You called another member an idiot.

African-Americans have been biased not because of the media, but because of a few bigots in colonial times who though it was a good idea to enslave those with a different skin color. The media is just a fuel.

While many innocent people are in jail, and the numbers are too high, you can't possibly base a whole argument on the fact that people are innocent.

Just to be clear, I am NOT from the Bronx. Living in Riverdale I'm not exposed to what happens in the Bronx, but what I do see is tons of news reports on killings and muggings and such. With that said, being from South Brooklyn and being a New Yorker, I've been trained enough through life experiences to know a thing or two about what really goes on.

Don't blame him for saying such. Riverdale is politically and in some places geographically part of the Bronx...

Here is my thoughts on the situation (I'm quite surprised that I am just posting this now)....

These girls deserve jail time, they did something stupid and now they better pay the consequences of their actions....

The thing I don't understand is why do people these days try to come off like they are "tough", these girls tried to do that, it just doesn't make sense...

Yea the guy made a not so nice comment, but I think beating and stabbing the guy in a group of EIGHT, wasn't justified what so ever, someone shouldn't be stabbed over a simple comment that is absurd...

I don't feel bad for these girls, they are making it seem like they are "bad" especially with the photos of them in Union Square, let's see how "bad" you are in prison..

I actually get nervous whenever I see loud teenagers or just a loud group of people in general and I try to keep my distance from them because people to do act stupid and try to impress others whether to come off cool or tough or w/e... Idk I just don't want what happened to this guy to happen to me because you know what you never know if one of those loud people have a weapon and then one comment like this guy said, can lead to something like this.....

As for the new part of the story, I just find it hard to believe that the guy would punch one of them, I just can't see how that would happen.... but there are two sides of every story, I still would be shocked if the guy DID punch one of the girls but either way they still aren't justified in stabbing him either way....

Here is my thoughts on the situation (I'm quite surprised that I am just posting this now)....

These girls deserve jail time, they did something stupid and now they better pay the consequences of their actions....

The thing I don't understand is why do people these days try to come off like they are "tough", these girls tried to do that, it just doesn't make sense...

Yea the guy made a not so nice comment, but I think beating and stabbing the guy in a group of EIGHT, wasn't justified what so ever, someone shouldn't be stabbed over a simple comment that is absurd...

I don't feel bad for these girls, they are making it seem like they are "bad" especially with the photos of them in Union Square, let's see how "bad" you are in prison..

I actually get nervous whenever I see loud teenagers or just a loud group of people in general and I try to keep my distance from them because people to do act stupid and try to impress others whether to come off cool or tough or w/e... Idk I just don't want what happened to this guy to happen to me because you know what you never know if one of those loud people have a weapon and then one comment like this guy said, can lead to something like this.....

As for the new part of the story, I just find it hard to believe that the guy would punch one of them, I just can't see how that would happen.... but there are two sides of every story, I still would be shocked if the guy DID punch one of the girls but either way they still aren't justified in stabbing him either way....

I do the same thing, too. I get really nervous when people are like that or when people do things they aren't supposed to be doing.

Teenagers are out of control, I didn't agree with the girls stabbing the guy, doesn't matter what he said, they should have did that, don't just Blame the girls, Blame the Parents who didn't raise these girls right, like i said earlier if the guy would have hit ones of these females, he would have automaticly went to jail just because they are young females

Teenagers are out of control, I didn't agree with the girls stabbing the guy, doesn't matter what he said, they should have did that, don't just Blame the girls, Blame the Parents who didn't raise these girls right, like i said earlier if the guy would have hit ones of these females, he would have automaticly went to jail just because they are young females

While I agree with this, it isn't ALWAYS the parents fault, there are instances where I know people who have great parents but they go down the wrong road through teen influence and peer pressure, and as we all know that can be hard to overcome or go against, but in most situations it IS the parents fault..

This is what happens when kids start having kids with no concept of how to properly raise their kids into law abiding citizens.

There is no point in arguing with VG8, he uses circular logic to perpetuate the discussion in order to provide more chances to feed his own ego by talking about his quality of life.

Anyway, I honestly think that the girls' argument is a complete fallacy. It seems as if they are playing victim.

This is what happens when kids start having kids with no concept of how to properly raise their kids into law abiding citizens.

Exactly, alot of young girls thinks its cool and on top of that Having a kid = Money in their eyes, they drain the government pockets treat the kid like shit and the parent spends the money on themselves, and sometimes gives the kid what they want, that explains why they act so damn stupid and expect people to feel bad for them

There is no point in arguing with VG8, he uses circular logic to perpetuate the discussion in order to provide more chances to feed his own ego by talking about his quality of life.

Anyway, I honestly think that the girls' argument is a complete fallacy. It seems as if they are playing victim.

Again, I don't see a lot of analysis and transit talk happening in this thread--but I do see a lot of fallacies and biases.

No one is talking about the MTA and the incident....that is what needs to be connected rather than:

the incident-bad parenting

the incident-bad neighborhoods

the incident-race

the incident-teen pregnancy

the incident-stop and frisk

the incident-and any hidden biases

This is pretty much the arc of the thread.

Let's try this again: the incident-something MTA RELATED!!!

Anyone care to respond?

Again, I don't see a lot of analysis and transit talk happening in this thread--but I do see a lot of fallacies and biases.

No one is talking about the MTA and the incident....that is what needs to be connected rather than:

the incident-bad parenting

the incident-bad neighborhoods

the incident-race

the incident-teen pregnancy

the incident-stop and frisk

the incident-and any hidden biases

This is pretty much the arc of the thread.

Anyone care to respond?

What is it that you want us to say exactly?? I mean I don't see what any (MTA) employees could've done to make the situation turn out any differently. Just because this is a transit site and this happened on the train doesn't mean that there has to be some sort of (MTA) connection here. Since you keep harping on it, why don't you finally say your piece on the (MTA) already!

What is it that you want us to say exactly?? I mean I don't see what any (MTA) employees could've done to make the situation turn out any differently. Just because this is a transit site and this happened on the train doesn't mean that there has to be some sort of (MTA) connection here. Since you keep harping on it, why don't you finally say your piece on the (MTA) already!

That's a strawman sir. And I gave my suggestions earlier. But that's not the point. People are making assumptions about single parenthood and teen pregnancy and I really don't know where that's coming from. This has veered WAY off course.

to be honest you sound stupid, about the TV part, you wacth too Much TV, thats why everyone is ripping on your ass, because your starting not to make sense, Number 1 Blacks aren't the only ones who go through this, Hispanics go through the Same Exact Problem and of course the TV media is always gonna show Black men being thrown in jail but you fail to realize that other races do the SAME exact or wrose crimes than Blacks, and to be real the Bronx WHERE your from have the Most Sex offenders, and Most SEX offenders or ether white or hispanic with about 25% blacks so instead of singling out people basied on race, get your ass up from that couch and stop wacthing too much fox, Because Fox is good for stirring up shit, and go outside and go see what really goes on

To be honest, YOU'RE the one who's starting to sound off his rocker. If you're going to reply to stuff like this, do so, one, with proper grammar and punctuation, so you at least sound coherent, and two, try being a little more professional about it. Making personal insults and claiming things about someone while doing so with numerous spelling errors, curses, and HUGE run on sentences, are the perfect way to paint yourself as the "the one not making sense."

So for your own sake, please calm the heck down. The one thing I notice is that the people who are calm and coherent tend to be a little more believable in their posting. And whether their point of view is right or not, at least they will be the more respectable person to deal with.

Regardless of the topic of discussion in this thread, what is irritating me is that a certain person is using the event as an opportunity to flaunt his socioeconomic status.

It is incredibly disrespectful to the person who was injured in this incident, this person should feel ashamed for being so inhuman and egotistical.

Also, the fact that this person is willing to stay up incredibly late over an argument over the internet is a comment on his obsessiveness with his ego and lack of values for the important things in life.

Regardless of the topic of discussion in this thread, what is irritating me is that a certain person is using the event as an opportunity to flaunt his socioeconomic status.

It is incredibly disrespectful to the person who was injured in this incident, this person should feel ashamed for being so inhuman and egotistical.

Also, the fact that this person is willing to stay up incredibly late over an argument over the internet is a comment on his obsessiveness with his ego and lack of values for the important things in life.

If you're referring to me, then I'm incredibly sorry that I have offended you with my right to stay up during the summer and do a whole host of other activities besides check in on this forum for new posts every hour or so. In addition, if you ARE referring to me, I also have a whole host of replies to your insinuating post, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and hold my tongue.

If you're NOT referring to me, then I hope you have a wonderful vacation in Asia.

If you're referring to me, then I'm incredibly sorry that I have offended you with my right to stay up during the summer and do a whole host of other activities besides check in on this forum for new posts every hour or so. In addition, if you ARE referring to me, I also have a whole host of replies to your insinuating post, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and hold my tongue.

If you're NOT referring to me, then I hope you have a wonderful vacation in Asia.

Of course I'm not referring to you, no worries.

Anyone care to respond?

This situation goes way beyond how the MTA could have responded to this incident in this case.

What's more revelant is the factors behind what led up to the assault and the circumstances in regards to the perpertrators and their unruly behavior, the NYPD on some of their contoverial policies, and the victim as to if he did in fact provoke the attackers or not. As well as how the media followed up on the incident.

The issues involving race, poverty, the police, as well as bias in the media cannot be avoided no matter how hard a person may try to avoid it in a discussion and pretend it doesnt exist.

In response to the deal involving walking away from situations that arises rather than retaliating in the face of unruly people, its actually harder than some may think. Many New Yorkers totally fed up with violent crime would love nothing more but to beat the shit out of some of these criminals and get even.

But it's not worth it. Why should one of us end up in prison on assault charges over a loser?

I'm suprised that no-one mentioned Bernard Goetz. It's understood that he was just as sick and tired of the lunacy that is going on in the subways as many of us are right now, and I can definitely relate. However was it worth the price to pay? For carrying an illegal firearm and blasting four of these punks who attacked him on a (2) train in 1984 he was charged with attempted murder and assault. As a result ending up in prison for possession of an illegal weapon. The rest is history. Catch 22.

Archived