Training and Schoolcar...

DOB2RTO

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

This is for those who are the classmates (80 students) of the July 14,2008 class. The student who was among the ten of us who went to the A Div. (TA-06), who I had had posted, who might possibly have cancer, did have malignant cancer, and he had passed away yesterday morning. We were informed by another classmate who had called to see how he was doing yesterday, and we were informed yesterday evening. It was only about 3 weeks ago when he left us ill while yard posting, was diagnosed, and passed away. Too quick.........

We are going to find out when a wake will be held, and at least the class of TA-06 will try to attend (depends on his family's wishes). Very sad news. He was only in his early 50's also.......

Rest in peace our friend.............

This is for those who are the classmates (80 students) of the July 14,2008 class. The student who was among the ten of us who went to the A Div. (TA-06), who I had had posted, who might possibly have cancer, did have malignant cancer, and he had passed away yesterday morning. We were informed by another classmate who had called to see how he was doing yesterday, and we were informed yesterday evening. It was only about 3 weeks ago when he left us ill while yard posting, was diagnosed, and passed away. Too quick.........

We are going to find out when a wake will be held, and at least the class of TA-06 will try to attend (depends on his family's wishes). Very sad news. He was only in his early 50's also.......

Rest in peace our friend.............

Wow that WAS quick...sorry for the loss.

If the family's wishes are that your class attend the wake, feel free to pass on our condolences from NYCTF

Wow that WAS quick...sorry for the loss.

If the family's wishes are that your class attend the wake, feel free to pass on our condolences from NYCTF

Myself and two other classmates who didn't attend the wake yesterday, went today. Sad to see. He was a family man, married for a long time, had children, etc. This does make me cherish life more, and makes me more eager than ever to accomplish what I want in my life. It's an eye awakener........

Tomorrow his family will put him to rest............

Ya you guys best advice is down here watch what you do health wise. Eat right, wear your hearing protection, and other PPE. I wasn't wearing hearing protection for a lil bit then realized when someone I knew that got restricted cause they lost a lil hearing in their left ear. Specially eating wise if you got a nice lady at home tell her to make a little extra to take to work lay off the fried foods out there in them Chinese restaurants.

Sorry for the loss of your classmate my mom is a cancer survivor so I know what it must have been like for that family its a rough disease.

Ya you guys best advice is down here watch what you do health wise. Eat right, wear your hearing protection, and other PPE. I wasn't wearing hearing protection for a lil bit then realized when someone I knew that got restricted cause they lost a lil hearing in their left ear. Specially eating wise if you got a nice lady at home tell her to make a little extra to take to work lay off the fried foods out there in them Chinese restaurants.

Sorry for the loss of your classmate my mom is a cancer survivor so I know what it must have been like for that family its a rough disease.

Real tough to eat right sometimes but like Bruticus said definately stay away from fried foods 'cause over a period of time it adds up....also very sorry to hear about the loss of a family member, it isn't easy...my regards.

Real tough to eat right sometimes but like Bruticus said definately stay away from fried foods 'cause over a period of time it adds up.

I saw you eating a chicken wing that day on my (A) train what you talking about ! lol How have you been Taylors Law?

School Car took my ©harlie train the other day when we got to 168th lol.

Yea, It's murder going from Lefferts to 207th to get a train for practice...I prefer Coney/Stillwell...and the big TV there doesn't hurt either :rolleyes:

Come to think of it...Nathans is there...goes back to what the Brute Man was sayin' about eating right:D

Yea, It's murder going from Lefferts to 207th to get a train for practice...I prefer Coney/Stillwell...and the big TV there doesn't hurt either :rolleyes:

Come to think of it...Nathans is there...goes back to what the Brute Man was sayin' about eating right:D

*note to self: if I ever become a t/o get a gig on the D/F/N/Q.* :)They would know me by name at Nathans :D

The prices did shock the hell out of me last week...$3.00 for a hotdog??!!!...maybe Donk1322 (Long Island Boy) could afford it though..:)
They are expensive, though it's worth it. Their hot dogs taste sooooo good. Nothing like spending some time in Coney Island checking out the hotties at the beach, the cyclone running and eating some Nathan hot dogs. :)

I went through this at 19, but my mother didn't make it. Became a real man then.........

Real tough to eat right sometimes but like Bruticus said definately stay away from fried foods 'cause over a period of time it adds up....also very sorry to hear about the loss of a family member, it isn't easy...my regards.

Who lost a family member? It was our classmate. Don't forget ten of your classmates went to the A Div........

"Yea, It's murder going from Lefferts to 207th to get a train for practice" Get use to it rookie you be against the wall Far Rockaway to 207 St very soon.:)

When you guys start road Posting? I talked with my C/R today and he said I get students with my new job assignment on the (V) Line. I'll take the students I know and leave the rest for my follower who may or may not take students.

Wednesday we started road posting (going out with actual T/Os). I am learning to master the R62As on the (7) and (1), and actually now have a concept of how to brake them. So far my trainers tell me, I have no real problems that can be scrutinized. The Junkasakis on the 3 will be my ultimate test, and I did have one R62 dawg on the 4 Wednesday (talk about bad luck). The train went slow downhill, and the brakes, oh boooyyyyy........... Still didn't fly out of any stations yet, but came close today on the (1). Doors were still in though. Even the C/R was smiling and happy with my operation. The thing we were taught is to take your time, but when braking SMEE type trains, you actually want to be moving to get your dynamics working properly, and that is the secret with Junkasaki R62s. If there are no speed restrictions, and the signal allows for it, fly into the station, and take a good brake, possibly even full service. The 62As on the (1) does have the best brakes, followed by the 62As on the (7) (South motors which are 5 car unit are the best, the 6 single north motors are next, and have more of the feel of the retarder in some buses), followed by the (3) and (4) R62s. I hated the R62 and R62A, but after operating in customer service on the (7) (Thursday), and the (1) (today/Friday), I am starting to like those more. I now know how to manipulate, the master controller, for smoother braking.

Guess picking up people makes one more serious, and realize that they need to learn this job, and give them a smooth safe quick ride on the SMEE type trains. The new tech is nothing, except for wet leaf season on the Dyre stretch........

I went through this at 19, but my mother didn't make it. Became a real man then.........

I know what you mean,my mom died when I was 13,she died of breast cancer

and she was only 45. Most definitely the worst thing that is ever going to happen in my life...everything else I can deal with.

Wednesday we started road posting (going out with actual T/Os). I am learning to master the R62As on the (7) and (1), and actually now have a concept of how to brake them. So far my trainers tell me, I have no real problems that can be scrutinized. The Junkasakis on the 3 will be my ultimate test, and I did have one R62 dawg on the 4 Wednesday (talk about bad luck). The train went slow downhill, and the brakes, oh boooyyyyy........... Still didn't fly out of any stations yet, but came close today on the (1). Doors were still in though. Even the C/R was smiling and happy with my operation. The thing we were taught is to take your time, but when braking SMEE type trains, you actually want to be moving to get your dynamics working properly, and that is the secret with Junkasaki R62s. If there are no speed restrictions, and the signal allows for it, fly into the station, and take a good brake, possibly even full service. The 62As on the (1) does have the best brakes, followed by the 62As on the (7) (South motors which are 5 car unit are the best, the 6 single north motors are next, and have more of the feel of the retarder in some buses), followed by the (3) and (4) R62s. I hated the R62 and R62A, but after operating in customer service on the (7) (Thursday), and the (1) (today/Friday), I am starting to like those more. I now know how to manipulate, the master controller, for smoother braking.

Guess picking up people makes one more serious, and realize that they need to learn this job, and give them a smooth safe quick ride on the SMEE type trains. The new tech is nothing, except for wet leaf season on the Dyre stretch........

Sounds complicated,now I see why they have you guys going through all of that training and taking praticals.

Kinda surprising though that we are posting during PM rush....but I guess if you gotta learn thats the best way...I feel sorry for the customers who may experience some delays systemwide the next few weeks, I myself though will try to minimize delays (I hope).:D
What lines do you normally run on?

Archived