MTA New York City Bus & MTA Bus Company Pending Bus Contracts

Chargerdodge9

Yeah...this coming from the guy who could barely give NJT's Designline order a chance and kept throwing bombs along the way even BEFORE the buses set foot onto NJT property.....practice what you preach <_<

There won't be different seats in these units especially since the new MCIs have them, so it wouldn't make much sense. The units we spoke of may be BT&E units, but its been known that the production units mimic the BT&E units to a certain degree.

Completely different story, bus, area, and everything (for one these buses are PROVEN, they have been in production for a long time and have been in service with the TA for a few years now). Stop making up shit to make me look bad because you got whatever against me.

There could very well be different seats. Wait and see... practice what YOU preach buddy.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah...this coming from the guy who could barely give NJT's Designline order a chance and kept throwing bombs along the way even BEFORE the buses set foot onto NJT property.....practice what you preach <_<

There won't be different seats in these units especially since the new MCIs have them, so it wouldn't make much sense. The units we spoke of may be BT&E units, but its been known that the production units mimic the BT&E units to a certain degree.

Completely different story, bus, area, and everything (for one these buses are PROVEN, they have been in production for a long time and have been in service with the TA for a few years now). Stop making up shit to make me look bad because you got whatever against me.

There could very well be different seats. Wait and see... practice what YOU preach buddy.

Very funny.

It's not really different since this is technically Prevost's 3rd transit order nor is it proven yet.....these are still very young so to say they are proven is a joke since they started service in November of 2011.....

Nice try trying to use my phrase against me, because while I AM doing that, your predictions don't make too much sense especially with the seats...Since the MCIs have them, logistically, it would not make sense to get different seats.

Trust me, you've single-handedly made yourself look bad, don't get mad because I used your own logic against you.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk 2

Very funny. It's not really different since this is technically Prevost's 3rd transit order nor is it proven yet.....these are still very young so to say they are proven is a joke since they started service in November of 2011..... Nice try trying to use my phrase against me, because while I AM doing that, your predictions don't make too much sense especially with the seats... Trust me, you've single-handedly made yourself look bad, don't get mad because I used your own logic against you. Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk 2

Prevost is a proven motorcoach manufacturer, hell IIRC they've been building them just as long as or even longer then MCI.

As for the seats, like you say, wait and see, please.

This isn't "using my own logic against me", because you know that the Designline situation (which I won't even bring up and take this shit more off topic than it is) is completely different than this and is completely irrelevant. These are (frequent) personal attacks against me and I'm getting sick of it.

Prevost is a proven motorcoach manufacturer, hell IIRC they've been building them just as long as or even longer then MCI.

This isn't "using my own logic against me", because you know that the Designline situation (which I won't even bring up and take this shit more off topic than it is) is completely different than this and is completely irrelevant. These are (frequent) personal attacks against me and I'm getting sick of it.

Not proven for transit(excluding Greyhound or operators that are similar), however...they've only had what...one order outside of NYC? And that was YEARS ago for GO Transit. MCI is FAR more proven than Prevost is for any situation and the credentials along with the TAs that have those buses speaks for itself....

The Designline situation is not that much different to begin with. That's your set of buses in NJ vs our set of buses here in NYC, its technically one and the same as they are still breaking into the transit market. You wanna take this as a personal attack? That's you. The fact of the matter is that you're telling us to give something that YOU like a chance when you initally REFUSED to give something NEW a chance....hence using your own logic against you.

Now go sit down somewhere and think before you speak.

Oh also, nice job thumbs downing a disagreement, hypocrite.

Walk away and don't engage in the attack against you. The situation defuses and no one gets in trouble. Best advice I can give you. 

Not proven for transit(excluding Greyhound or operators that are similar), however...they've only had what...one order outside of NYC? And that was YEARS ago for GO Transit. MCI is FAR more proven than Prevost is for any situation and the credentials along with the TAs that have those buses speaks for itself....

The Designline situation is not that much different to begin with. That's your set of buses in NJ vs our set of buses here in NYC, its technically one and the same as they are still breaking into the transit market. You wanna take this as a personal attack? That's you. The fact of the matter is that you're telling us to give something that YOU like a chance when you initally REFUSED to give something NEW a chance....hence using your own logic against you.

Now go sit down somewhere and think before you speak.

Oh also, nice job thumbs downing a disagreement, hypocrite.

Designline has absolutely no experience building an over the road coach, and little experience with transit buses with not one successful order to date. Prevost again, has been building buses for years. There is not that much different than a private/charter model and a commuter model aside from the double sliding doors, the stop request buttons, and different seat models per TA specs.

Downvoted a personal attack my friend.

Walk away and don't engage in the attack against you. The situation defuses and no one gets in trouble. Best advice I can give you. 

Agreed. With that said, I'm done here.

To be honest, I love them Prevost. IDK what yall saying about drivers trying to avoid Prevosts. The drivers at UP from what i've seen LOVE the Prevost. 

Yeah i wish we got more MCI, and the Prevost may be a little "Too Fancy", but hey, they have some serious power. 

Designline has absolutely no experience building an over the road coach, and little experience with transit buses with not one successful order to date. Prevost again, has been building buses for years. There is not that much different than a private/charter model and a commuter model aside from the double sliding doors, the stop request buttons, and different seat models per TA specs.

What are you, blind? There's a HUGE difference ESPECIALLY since NYMTA is a 24/7 operation so they still have yet to prove anything...Private/Charter operators don't operate 24/7 and they don't get destroyed as much as our buses along with the fact that there's a HUGE difference in specs...

lol @ personal attacks, don't be mad because its the truth.

-edit- -awaits downvote for this post too-

To be honest, I love them Prevost. IDK what yall saying about drivers trying to avoid Prevosts. The drivers at UP from what i've seen LOVE the Prevost. 

Yeah i wish we got more MCI, and the Prevost may be a little "Too Fancy", but hey, they have some serious power. 

And power outlets!

What are you, blind? There's a HUGE difference ESPECIALLY since NYMTA is a 24/7 operation so they still have yet to prove anything...Private/Charter operators don't operate 24/7 and they don't get destroyed as much as our buses along with the fact that there's a HUGE difference in specs...

lol @ personal attacks, don't be mad because its the truth.

-edit- -awaits downvote for this post too-

Actually private buses can travel across the country. Just sayin... then again you are right that our buses get beat up much more because of the streets they travel and the people that ride them. I don't think the buses have held up badly, the one problem we're throwing a fit over is the seats that we don't even know for sure this order will have.

Pilot bus is due January 2014.

Overall, this sucks. I just hope that Yukon doesn't get a share of these(even though they will) since they destroyed the 50 units they have now. A good number of them feel like they lack suspensions...

The ride quality and comfort levels are hit or miss with our 90 units, they better do a much better job this time around since passengers aren't too keen with these Prevosts, especially the Downtown crowd.

SI is known for not taking care of their shit lol. (Look at the old MCI's. Even the former ones at Ulmer Park.)

The X3 may be cheaper but the parts are definitely more expensive. And in the long run the X3 will prove more expensive once the warranties run out. We all know that SI has questionable maintenance practices and the X3 will not put up with "ghetto rigging". The MCIs has proven themselves in 15 years of service in the city.....that's what they should have stuck with.

The X3 may be cheaper but the parts are definitely more expensive. And in the long run the X3 will prove more expensive once the warranties run out. We all know that SI has questionable maintenance practices and the X3 will not put up with "ghetto rigging". The MCIs has proven themselves in 15 years of service in the city.....that's what they should have stuck with.

I actually wrote to them about those sh*tty Prevosts and how they should be going with MCIs and they had the nerve to write back and say that passengers love them.  I said what a focking lie!

So let's not blame the bus (Prevost) for being lousy, blame NYCT maintance.

I wasn't blaming the bus for the issues, I was blaming Yukon. It was in response to the post saying that they should be sent to Yonkers.

They actually have buses in operation overseas where they started from

...just saying

I actually wrote to them about those sh*tty Prevosts and how they should be going with MCIs and they had the nerve to write back and say that passengers love them.  I said what a focking lie!

OR, maybe other passengers like them?* I liked the Prevosts.

*Understandably, other passengers are irrelevant, but still, something to consider.

You don't know the opinions of every passenger that rides the Prevosts, therefore, what you believe to be a "lie" could very well be the truth.

Something tells me if this persists, we might see Prevost moving out of SI

On the contrary I could see Staten Island as the dumping ground for them if they prove to be problematic. Beat them up for twelve years then replace the mofos.

You don't know the opinions of every passenger that rides the Prevosts, therefore, what you believe to be a "lie" could very well be the truth.

I don't need to.  Express bus riders talk and unlike you, I ride the express buses daily and am well informed with what riders have to say.  When you see the the same faces you tend to develop relationships and it's well understood who does what, who likes what and so on.  Last I checked you ride the subway don't you? Stick with what you know and I'll stick with what I know and everyone will be fine.

I don't need to.  Express bus riders talk and unlike you, I ride the express buses daily and am well informed with what riders have to say.  When you see the the same faces you tend to develop relationships and it's well understood who does what, who likes what and so on.  Last I checked you ride the subway don't you? Stick with what you know and I'll stick with what I know and everyone will be fine.

Please let's not get into this. What you know is what you like to believe. You and whatever handful of people you spoke to (I know, I know, you've spoken to thoooousands of express bus riders or whatever) didn't like the Prevosts and that sucks. Maybe other people did. That *is* possible, you know.

Archived