MTA New York City Bus & MTA Bus Company Pending Bus Contracts

Chargerdodge9

When Yonkers turned the mta had 30 brand new mcis waiting, after that every order for buses was based on a capital order. From what I've seen in the last 8 years of mta bus, new buses were ordered based on a capital schedule and "leaders" complained just before the order was delivered, after decisions were made. "Leaders" never influenced the force of purchase of new equipment.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Money is made available by the Federal government every year for capital purchases.  In the case of the MCI's and Orion VII's for MTA Bus, the money was allocated even before the takeover but the city was working behind the scenes on the MTA takeover and held off on buying new equipment.  Once MTA Bus was established, the buses began to be ordered but there is obviously a delay between ordering and actual delivery.  The MCI's were on their way no matter how often or loudly riders agitated.

Yeah but who they get allocated to is a whole different ball game.... That's my point.

Yeah but who they get allocated to is a whole different ball game.... That's my point.

Who they get allocated to is who needs money to replace old rolling stock. I feel like there's a handful of people trying to explain this now and it doesn't seem to be working.

When Yonkers turned the mta had 30 brand new mcis waiting, after that every order for buses was based on a capital order. From what I've seen in the last 8 years of mta bus, new buses were ordered based on a capital schedule and "leaders" complained just before the order was delivered, after decisions were made. "Leaders" never influenced the force of purchase of new equipment.

That's the whole point. NYC politicians are mostly pathetic clowns who always try to pin their name on shit like this.

"See, I was the one who got those buses! Elect me again! ME ME ME ME ME!!!"

That's the whole point. NYC politicians are mostly pathetic clowns who always try to pin their name on shit like this.

As we can all see, the aim of politics is not the same as back then... :P

Who they get allocated to is who needs money to replace old rolling stock. I feel like there's a handful of people trying to explain this now and it doesn't seem to be working.

No it isn't...

http://www.nysenate.gov/press-release/senator-golden-calls-mta-purchase-new-buses-brooklyn-express-bus-routes

I would like to point out that Senator Golden is the Senate's Representative to the (MTA) 's Capital Program Review Board and is heavily involved in transportation issues. In short if you think those new Prevosts went to Ulmer Park without any sort of political influence you're sadly mistaken.

Politicians work behind the scenes often times to secure funds for capital projects, etc. just as Senator Golden and Vito Fossella secured $8 million dollars for rehabbing the 86th st station in Bay Ridge.  Of course they're going to scream to reap the benefits of their hard work.

Does anyone give that much of a f**k? Mind that the particular buses in question are 4 to 5 years from retirement in service.

As we can all see, the aim of politics is not the same as back then... :P

Dude, the entire f**king MTA is politics.

You mean when they make the Xcelsior order official?NFI has it in the bag but if I were the MTA id order 50 LFS's for the M66 and M72 to clear 66th transverse...

LOL, I'm with Cait, but if it were all NFI I agree with that plan of yours.

You mean when they make the Xcelsior order official?NFI has it in the bag but if I were the MTA id order 50 LFS's for the M66 and M72 to clear 66th transverse...

There's like two or three number splits they can do on that order. It seems like (MTA) favor NFI, but as you mentioned, probably good to have one of the splits to get some Novas for those routes.

Been gone for a minute, but I will be back with the jumpoff....... Follow me on the Grams dante_inferno0206

Give me about 2 weeks to get all my ducks in a row, and I will be back with you guys!

Aww snaps. Welcome back bro!

• 4 weeks later...

300 express bus order for NYCT will be awarded to Prevost. (committee meeting materials 07/22)

Upcoming contracts:

690 40' diesel NYCT

45 40' diesel MTA Bus

256 artic NYCT

75 artic MTA Bus

Nice. The Prevosts are definitely a smooth and quick ride. I'd go for a higher seat size, though.

300 express bus order for NYCT will be awarded to Prevost. (committee meeting materials 07/22)

Upcoming contracts:

690 40' diesel NYCT

45 40' diesel MTA Bus

256 artic NYCT

75 artic MTA Bus

Hell yeah!

They just gotta make the seats a little higher...

As for the 690 bus order, according to Gold_12th on Subchat the 600-90 arrangement is back, with Millennium building the 90 RTS Extreme buses as long as they can prove they have money secured, buses will be delivered on time and will hold up on our streets. The 600 is still a battle between Nova and New Flyer, and it could be all 690 if Millennium can't prove themselves to the TA.

Hell yeah!

They just gotta make the seats a little higher...

As for the 690 bus order, according to Gold_12th on Subchat the 600-90 arrangement is back, with Millennium building the 90 RTS Extreme buses as long as they can prove they have money secured, buses will be delivered on time and will hold up on our streets. The 600 is still a battle between Nova and New Flyer, and it could be all 690 if Millennium can't prove themselves to the TA.

They gotta do one of the split arrangements for the 600 for the couple of routes in Manhattan that go through Central Park.

Archived