The B25 bus and the IND Fulton Street subway line

RollOver

The B25 bus, which runs right above the (C), operates between Downtown Brooklyn and East New York. I'll do say that I do not ride that bus but from my experience ever since I first rode the IND Fulton Street Line to Transit Tech High School, why is that the B25 has ridership and that the (C) is frequently less crowded with just lots of seat availability even at Lafayette, Clinton-Washington, Franklin, Kingston-Troop, Ralph, and Rockaway Avenues?

The B25 bus, which runs right above the (C), operates between Downtown Brooklyn and East New York. I'll do say that I do not ride that bus but from my experience ever since I first rode the IND Fulton Street Line to Transit Tech High School, why is that the B25 has ridership and that the (C) is frequently less crowded with just lots of seat availability even at Lafayette, Clinton-Washington, Franklin, Kingston-Troop, Ralph, and Rockaway Avenues?

Partly because of these 3 reasons IMO. (I dont ride the Fulton line that often either since i left Brooklyn 5-plus years ago) One reason is because that none of the Fulton line station other than Franklin Ave/Fulton and Broadway Junction is *not ADA accessible.* Other reason i think of is that most of the Fulton riders board at the express stations i.e Bway Jct. Utica/Macolm X and Nostrand. Plus riders at local station just transfer to the (A) at the next express stop.

Lafayette, Franklin & Fulton and Rockaway Aves are the only local stations that gets descent ridership from my years riding & using the (A)(C) line. Thus it's why during late evenings before it shuts down for day the (C) has 10-15 minute headways. Hope it answers your question. I let the more frequent Fulton Line riders further answer the questions.

I dont ride it, but the B25 is like the Q60 of Brooklyn. People who utilize it are people who cant go into the subway, elders, and other groups such as people with disabilities and stuff. Thats like the main reason right there.

I often wondered if they could get away with keeping the (A) express overnights, and allowing an (increased, perhaps, or an LTD added to existing headways) B25 to fill in for it (likely extended to Euclid and swinging by Hoyt-Schermerhorn station).

Not trying to turn this into fanasty planning but the Fulton line in Brooklyn does not have enough ridership to have express service deep into overnight hours right now i.e past 1230am. Maybe extend till 1am at least Far Rockaway (A) running express along Fulton is best option in near future as that part of Brooklyn population grows due to mainly hipsters moving to the area.

The (A) is fine as it is late at nights...the days you're really gonna see crowds that late is on Friday and Saturday nights (club people). Other than that, its pretty much not that crowded.

That B25 has bare-bones overnight service since there's almost no one out there. It runs every 75 minutes (literally 1 bus on the hawk) while the (A) is every 20 minutes.

the (C) runs like crap and able bodied folk there are lazy and fat. Plus many old people live here not helping the (C) much.

I use the (C) to get to work...you saying im lazy and fat?

The (A) is fine as it is late at nights...the days you're really gonna see crowds that late is on Friday and Saturday nights (club people). Other than that, its pretty much not that crowded.

That B25 has bare-bones overnight service since there's almost no one out there. It runs every 75 minutes (literally 1 bus on the hawk) while the (A) is every 20 minutes.

I use the (C) to get to work...you saying im lazy and fat?

Nope I was referring to B25 buddy Calm down.

Kinda reminds me of FlushingExpress and his "ideas" about "fat" people plaguing the entire IND Eighth Avenue, Fulton Street, and Rockaway lines. LOL. Those were the days of his negative comments here and on YouTube since he justify his devoted dreams by saying that all riders on the Brighton Line want the R68/68As off the (B) in exchange for the (C)'s R32s.

Anyways, back on topic now...

Partly because of these 3 reasons IMO. (I dont ride the Fulton line that often either since i left Brooklyn 5-plus years ago) One reason is because that none of the Fulton line station other than Franklin Ave/Fulton and Broadway Junction is *not ADA accessible.* Other reason i think of is that most of the Fulton riders board at the express stations i.e Bway Jct. Utica/Macolm X and Nostrand. Plus riders at local station just transfer to the (A) at the next express stop.

Lafayette, Franklin & Fulton and Rockaway Aves are the only local stations that gets descent ridership from my years riding & using the (A)(C) line. Thus it's why during late evenings before it shuts down for day the (C) has 10-15 minute headways. Hope it answers your question. I let the more frequent Fulton Line riders further answer the questions.

Broadway Junction is not ADA accessible. Kingston-Throop IMO is the busiest local station on the line (besides Franklin).

If anything should be done with the Fulton Line it should be to start the Manhattan-bound (C) earlier. The last (A) local of the early morning reaches Jay Street at 6:06 AM and it is PACKED!

Broadway Junction is not ADA accessible. Kingston-Throop IMO is the busiest local station on the line (besides Franklin).

If anything should be done with the Fulton Line it should be to start the Manhattan-bound (C) earlier. The last (A) local of the early morning reaches Jay Street at 6:06 AM and it is PACKED!

My bad on Bway Jct being ADA accessible. Still i stand by comment that the last (C) should run an extra hour especially during Knicks/Rangers games and concerts at MSG. Trust me I been on the first late evening Manhattan/Brooklyn (A) Locals in both directions between 11pm-1230am. Patco i take your word on early AM crowding Monday-Saturday. There no reason the (C) can't start at 515am (leaving Euclid) and end at around 1145pm(last trains leaving both Euclid and 168th)as the Fulton line is growing in usage.

occasional riders don't count. You were probably stupidly tired and the B25 just showed up in your face while walking buses that show in your face are hard to turn down you know.

Calm down not so serious.

I just love how you tell me how I was feeling whenever I take that bus.

...you must be some sort of psychic to know where I was. While you're at it, wanna guess what color underwear I was wearing? I know you can do it, I mean you know more about me than I do.

Not trying to turn this into fanasty planning but the Fulton line in Brooklyn does not have enough ridership to have express service deep into overnight hours right now i.e past 1230am. Maybe extend till 1am at least Far Rockaway (A) running express along Fulton is best option in near future as that part of Brooklyn population grows due to mainly hipsters moving to the area.

The other thing you have to consider is the fact that the (C) is a full 8-car train, whereas the B25 is just a bus line. While the (C) may look less crowded than the B25, it's only because the capacity is so much greater.

But I think most of the ridership at night is probably on the express stations and beyond Euclid, and that's a long ride for those people (and the crews, who moan about "scraping the wall"!). So the bus could probably handle the local riders, and the express riders would still have the quicker run, and nine stations could be closed for the night. (Franklin is probably the main one with a lot of people, and that would be the drawback of the idea).

But I think most of the ridership at night is probably on the express stations and beyond Euclid, and that's a long ride for those people (and the crews, who moan about "scraping the wall"!). So the bus could probably handle the local riders, and the express riders would still have the quicker run, and nine stations could be closed for the night. (Franklin is probably the main one with a lot of people, and that would be the drawback of the idea).

This might be a little BIT INSANE but why not make (A) 24/7 express south of 59th street between 59th manhattan and euclid brooklyn.

Eliminate lefferts night shuttle. Then Extend (E) late night to stillwell ave via culver line and reroute night (F) to lefferts via fulton street local.

OR extend Night (G) to coney island and time with local lefferts bound (F) @ hoyt. But I think the (E) would affect fewer people and maintain connections better. This is done after 11PM.

Archived