NYC goes a day and a half without anyone being killed or hurt by a weapon

Kamen Rider

zero28n-2-web.jpg

"No news really is good news -- not a single person was reported shot, stabbed or slashed in New York City on Monday, police sources said.

The shutout seemingly caught the NYPD by suprise, as officials were almost at a loss to explain it.

"Nice way to start the week," said Deputy Commissioner Paul Browne, the NYPD's top spokesman.

Neither Browne nor other officials could remember the last time a day ended with three zeros.

It likely didn't happen in 1990, when the city logged a record 2,245 murders, said Tom Reppetto, a NYPD historian and author of "American Police, 1945-2012."

"There were shootings galore,'' Reppetto said. "We lived in a town where people were afraid to come out of their houses, where babies slept in bathtubs to avoid getting shot, where nursery schools ran drills - 'When you hear the shots, drop down.'"

Reppetto said that the lack of gun and knife violence on Monday may be rare, but not a complete surprise, given that the city is on pace to finish the year with just over 400 murders.

"They're going to come in with the fewest number of murders since about 1960,'' he said. "It's an almost impossible figure, but their programs have been fabulously successful in stopping crime."

Thus far this year, crime is up three percent, fueled mostly by a 9 percent surge in grand larcenies that police attribute to thefts of smart phones and tablets.

But murders are down 23 percent -- 472 last year and 366 this year.

And there have also been 10 percent fewer people shot -- 1,674 last year and 1,514, about five a day, this year."

Read more: http://www.nydailyne...4#ixzz2DX6E0vj6

In the city, there were NO shootings, NO stabings and NO slashings, AT ALL, from late Sunday to around noon Tuesday.

37 hours of peace and quiet. only interuped by an idiot pulling a plaxico burghs, but that doesn't count.

When major catrosphic events occur many New Yorkers stick together. (lets not getting into the looting in Coney Island that's not my point). Then we are in the holidays. That can be a factor right there as NYers are generally calmer then usual. Unless the NYPD has beefed up on patrol but I would'nt know. That's my wild guess.

It could be true... If you listen to Good Day New York in the morning, there's usually some sort of report about a shooting, mugging or killing in the Bronx. :lol:

Well, at least you don't have Riverdale in your location anymore, even though it's not a leafy suburb... :lol:

Good Day NY, I have found to be somewhat biased. I wouldn't trust them completely.

Well, at least you don't have Riverdale in your location anymore, even though it's not a leafy suburb... :lol:

Good Day NY, I have found to be somewhat biased. I wouldn't trust them completely.

lol... The reports they have about the Bronx usually are accompanied with video tapes as well...

As for your other comment, that neighborhood is considered suburban compared to most New York City neighborhoods and especially in comparison to most of the concrete jungle aka Da Bronx. :lol:

Source: NY Times

http://www.nytimes.c...wanted=all&_r=0

"From the elevated platform of the No. 1 train’s last stop at 242nd Street, you can just about see the lush 18-acre campus of the Horace Mann School. The walk from the station is short, but it traverses worlds. :lol: Leaving the cluttered din of Broadway, you enter the leafy splendor of Fieldston [Riverdale], an enclave of mansions and flowering trees that feels more like a wealthy Westchester suburb than the Bronx. " :lol:

Sounds good, but I wouldn't get too celebratory, as I believe in the law of averages.... there's bound to be a day or two where crime involving someone being hurt or killed a weapon or w/e is fin to be higher than w/e constitutes normality/normalcy......

I don't pay attention to crime stats anyway; one minute (overall) crime in NYC is said to be down, the next minute it's up overall.....

Like, which is it already......

It could be true... If you listen to Good Day New York in the morning, there's usually some sort of report about a shooting, mugging or killing in the Bronx. :lol:

It's usual for Good Day New York to tell you how the day isn't good.

Hey you seen the Nets Barclays center prices. It's among highest in NBA. Dont think much of the working class or even the middle class whether from bensonhurst, bed-stuvy or brighton bech will be season ticket holders.

It's only a matter of time before the prices come down. Then the neighborhood chicanery will start spilling into the arena.

Archived