What do you think are lightly used subway stations?

Subwayfan12

Aqueduct Racetrack (A) served 54,183 customers in 2011, but that's only a part time stop.

The least used full time stop is Beach 105 St (S), which served 80,580 customers in 2011.

The least used stop that isn't in the Rockaways is East 143 St-St Mary's St (6), which served 280,840 customers in 2011.

If you want to make these rankings, you need to be clear about whether you are looking only at full-time stations, or excluding stations that are closed for maintenance, etc. Otherwise, everyone is going to keep coming up with different answers that are technically correct.

For a completely subjective one that I have experience to back up but not numbers...G section of Court Sq on the weekends. Combination of the fact that there's very low weekend ridership with the fact that people wait inside the train means the station is completely empty, platforms and all. Sort of eerie, dead silence there. I catch the G there occasionally on the way to Bedford-Nostrand, you've actually got so few people that they tend to huddle together when they get inside the train, everybody clumps up at the front or back of each car.

25th Street, 4th Ave line, local station, served by the (R) train. OK a little crowded somewhat during AM rush hrs, but off peak the place is dead. Compare it to 75th ave on the QBL (OK not as bad but close) as another poster mentioned earlier. That's how it is like at that station.

Misleading....

What's being asked in the thread title & What's being asked in the OP are two different things....

The title was changed by a mod, after people started posting other stations.

From my experience most CPW local stops are generally somewhat empty.

The title was changed by a mod, after people started posting other stations
I remember naming the thread: "What is the least used subway station in the system". I don't know how it changed.

So that's was the culprit; A thread title change.... My fault.

From my experience most CPW local stops are generally somewhat empty

I don't take the CPW local much, but I tend to notice quite a bit of passenger activity on SB trains over NB trains.... especially over at at 81st street SB....

(I didn't look at any stats, so I don't know if that's officially the highest used station along that sector)

Archived