Police:Man Hit, Killed By Subway Train Following Fight In Harlem Station

Around the Horn

good for that loser so disappointed he will try again sometime damn we need a facefloor for this  shit facepalm is just not enough. :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

That's messed up. No really it is. You pretty much just said that he deserved to die. People do stupid s**t all the time that gets/could get them killed. That doesn't mean they deserve(d) it.

If they were to do articulated cars, why not put them in 5-car sets, with cabs in the middle like they have for almost everything?

I have to agree with roadcruiser on this one: if it was an entire articulated set, the entire train would have to be lifted if they shared the same axels b/w the cars like on the D types. There just seems to be more issues having that over what we have now. If people need to change cars that bad, they can change on the platform.
=
As for bathrooms at every stop: that's overkill, not to mention the MTA has cut down on the number of station cleaners. At the very most maybe have them at the terminals and major hubs, but not all stations need them. Plus most of the time a person takes a dump or piss is due to being drunk or they are bums. Even if there were more bathrooms doesn't mean the people will stop pissing in elevators or the tracks...

Not going to happen. Articulated cars were removed from the subway from the first place, because it would cause trouble when they took the cars apart. If they reintroduce them it would cause trouble when they need to repair cars. Instead of taking just one car, they would have to haul an entire train just to fix one problem. So no.

No...i didn't mean articulated cars.

i should say...passenger path bewteen cars...and they can be separated so the EMU are rearrangeable

maybe the concern about passenger path is the cost on the maintenance on those paths, but you don't need to "haul an entire train just to fix one problem".

No...i didn't mean articulated cars.

i should say...passenger path bewteen cars...and they can be separated so the EMU are rearrangeable

There is a path between the cars... 

As for articulated cars, if the articulation is simply part of the end of the car, it could work. (Like a magnet connection)

Not going to happen. Articulated cars were removed from the subway from the first place, because it would cause trouble when they took the cars apart. If they reintroduce them it would cause trouble when they need to repair cars. Instead of taking just one car, they would have to haul an entire train just to fix one problem. So no.

The better idea would be to reintroduce bathrooms in every single NYC Subway station. That would be a better compromise considering these people were taking a dump.

What's the difference between a 5 car unit and an articulated set aside from less wheel sets?

Thanks to that a**hole:

Delay_zpse440e9a0.jpg

Also they brought the R62A (6) out, due to the delays they put it back in the yard and didn't run it.

Think before you speak man. It's only one train dude and plus the entire (6) will have R62As in a few years. Then you will see them every day. That's all I have to say.

The better idea would be to reintroduce bathrooms in every single NYC Subway station. That would be a better compromise considering these people were taking a dump.

How often are NTT's separated from each other? Also, articulated trains can be split, if it's part of the initial design.

Might not have been the smartest procedure in history but I mean...I rather a guy taking a dump outside the car than inside, you know? 

Or even better drop a deuce in the bathroom in the toilet bowl. That's a much better idea if you ask me.

Well there was the recent shootings on the (N) in Brooklyn too. Not to mention countless incidents of brawls on the trains, robberies, sexual misconduct etc. that never makes the news but goes viral on the internet.

That says a lot about how things are going downhill here....

Woah Woah Slow down there. She's right the most sucides and fights have lead to bloody bodies on the tracks. I just want to know why the mta dosent put sliding doors on the platform and they only open when a train comes and stops and opens it doors. Like on Airtrain.

Um, they don't have the money to install them in all the stations....?

I already understand that they don't have them at stations, but it doesn't give anyone an excuse to take a shit on the trains or at stations. People are just too damn lazy to find a restroom some where else to do their business. Waiting until they get home or where ever is apparently too hard for some folks to do.

Man they way crime in the subways are now it's almost like how out of control it was during the 70's and 80's with all the recent rash of incidents we've seen this year and the past year in 2011. OK maybe I am blowing this out of proportion but these trends in crime in the subway as well as the suicides are not good. Nowadays I am especially cautious when commuting for this reason. I never know when someone is going to flip out and start stabbing people with screwdrivers or pull out a electric saw and cut people (which really happened). Very disconcerting.

You obviously haven't seen "out of control". This is pretty tame from the stories I've heard of the subway back then.

You obviously haven't seen "out of control". This is pretty tame from the stories I've heard of the subway back then.

FYI: It's not like I grew up in the 70's. I wasn't even born yet until 1977. I'm going by what I read in historical articles plus first hand accounts from people that went through the chaotic 70's and 80's when NYC was in a serious financial crisis, the MTA was falling apart and there was problems with the NYPD. But what I do know (obviously) is that crime is up right now. I do'nt think the recent news reports are hype. I seen shit during my commute this year alone in the subways. That says alot. It was not like the way it is a few years ago. I know I am not imagining things.

Woah Woah Slow down there. She's right the most sucides and fights have lead to bloody bodies on the tracks. I just want to know why the mta dosent put sliding doors on the platform and they only open when a train comes and stops and opens it doors. Like on Airtrain.

Understood. I wasn't challenging your opinion, just simply providing my input. 

• 1 month later...

Archived