The Chinabuses are legit now!!

error46146

The quality is pretty subpar, but will get you to your destination quickly and cheaply. These buses are like  rapid transit on a national scale. I was able to board one from Atlanta, Georgia to New York City, New York for just $60. The ride took 16 hours I think. The bus made scheduled stops at each "Chinatown" in the cities along its route.

The quality is pretty subpar, but will get you to your destination quickly and cheaply. These buses are like  rapid transit on a national scale. I was able to board one from Atlanta, Georgia to New York City, New York for just $60. The ride took 16 hours I think. The bus made scheduled stops at each "Chinatown" in the cities along its route.

LOL... Now that's interesting... 

@ Censin: Understandable. Alanta is about 13 hrs in change by car if you go nonstop. So that is not bad at all. Can't beat the price at 60 dollars. Just gas alone if going by car adds up to 100 dollars in change plus tolls and possible a stay in a hotel for a night. It all adds up, so 60 dollars is a steal.

@ Censin: Understandable. Alanta is about 13 hrs in change by car if you go nonstop. So that is not bad at all. Can't beat the price at 60 dollars. Just gas alone if going by car adds up to 100 dollars in change plus tolls and possible a stay in a hotel for a night. It all adds up, so 60 dollars is a steal.

I'll share something funny: The Chinese staff on the bus never made announcements, so the white folks never knew what was going on. They were too afraid to leave the bus to use the restrooms when it stopped at the gas stations. Getting off at New York City, I could smell the stench of someone who pooped in their pants passing by my seat.

One time a friend of mine made a non native speaker say something in Cantonese that he thought was a pick up line for all the Asian sisters in the area. In reality he was saying "原谅我,你有什么卫生纸?" (Pardon me: Do you have any toilet paper?") to all the girls when we was in Flushing Queens Public Library. LOL Oh man.

One time a friend of mine made a non native speaker say something in Cantonese that he thought was a pick up line for all the Asian sisters in the area. In reality he was saying "原谅我,你有什么卫生纸?" (Pardon me: Do you have any toilet paper?") to all the girls when we was in Flushing Queens Public Library. LOL Oh man.

LOL!

A nice cultural experience if you ask me.

In all seriousness, a great alternative to Greyhound and its affiliates who charge an arm and leg to travel within state lines.

Was never a fan of Greyhound... I remember having to stand from up near Montréal all the way to the city... 

I'll share something funny: The Chinese staff on the bus never made announcements, so the white folks never knew what was going on. They were too afraid to leave the bus to use the restrooms when it stopped at the gas stations. Getting off at New York City, I could smell the stench of someone who pooped in their pants passing by my seat.

Didn't the bus have a toilet?  Now that brings new meaning to 'low-cost carrier'..........

Didn't the bus have a toilet?  Now that brings new meaning to 'low-cost carrier'..........

Even thought I never taken Chinatown Buses, I heard restrooms are no go on them.

My Japanese guest friends took Fung Wah Bus to Boston Sightseeing and they told me restroom was you-know-what.in

When I went to NRC Nuclear Rally in White Flint, Maryland with anti-nuclear groups on rented van, one of American man who was giving us history tour en route to Anti-Nuclear Rally, he took Chinatown Bus and Chinatown Buses used new bus that restroom was CLEAN.

• 2 weeks later...

I took GotoBus from Delware back to NY (it was cheap)...  I was told to stand in front of some place and I don't see a bus just a black sprinter van, no "operated by" DOT number, or company name on the van, just a black sprinter van pulls up and the side door opens.  My first reaction was WTF and almost ran because I thought I was gonna get kidnapped. lol  The van was packed with people and no place for peoples luggage which made it even more packed.  The driver didn't know enough english to let me know what was going on just "yes bus, new york, get in...."  I was really hoping we weren't taking this van to NYC cause it was terrible.  I told the driver to drop me off at Amtrak lol but a lady told me this "bus" connects to a bigger bus so I stayed on.

There was def. more than 15 seats on the van and wondered if the driver had a CDL?  Not like the black unmarked van would tip off the cops or DOT, it was obviously shady with no markings or DOT  number on the van that they didn't want the DOT.

Get this, after he picked me up, van full of people the driver stops to get fuel, is pumping fuel witha van full of people!

I think the van got us to Willmington, not far away but the driver had music blaring and talking his cell phone the entire way.

Once we got to the connection city some lady started screaming  taht he was going the wrong way he replied "driver lost, I get him" there was a coach bus parked on the side of the road lost, so he went up and the coach bus followed us to the street where they had the ticket office.  . 

We had to go across the street to get the bus (there were 3 buses there) it was confusing no one told us where to go.  I asked a hipster who told me to go buy a ticket from the lady standing on the sidewalk and the NY bus was across the street.  The lady kept trying to sell me a roundtrip ticket even all I kept telling over and over I wanted a one way ticket, I felt like they were trying to rip me off because if I didn't look up the ticket price while waiting for the bus I wouldn't have seen what the round trip and one way prices were.

The driver on the way back to NY was very professional and friendly, but that was one rinky dink operation!

• 1 month later...

I took GotoBus from Delware back to NY (it was cheap)...  I was told to stand in front of some place and I don't see a bus just a black sprinter van, no "operated by" DOT number, or company name on the van, just a black sprinter van pulls up and the side door opens.  My first reaction was WTF and almost ran because I thought I was gonna get kidnapped. lol  The van was packed with people and no place for peoples luggage which made it even more packed.  The driver didn't know enough english to let me know what was going on just "yes bus, new york, get in...."  I was really hoping we weren't taking this van to NYC cause it was terrible.  I told the driver to drop me off at Amtrak lol but a lady told me this "bus" connects to a bigger bus so I stayed on.

There was def. more than 15 seats on the van and wondered if the driver had a CDL?  Not like the black unmarked van would tip off the cops or DOT, it was obviously shady with no markings or DOT  number on the van that they didn't want the DOT.

Get this, after he picked me up, van full of people the driver stops to get fuel, is pumping fuel witha van full of people!

I think the van got us to Willmington, not far away but the driver had music blaring and talking his cell phone the entire way.

Once we got to the connection city some lady started screaming  taht he was going the wrong way he replied "driver lost, I get him" there was a coach bus parked on the side of the road lost, so he went up and the coach bus followed us to the street where they had the ticket office.  . 

We had to go across the street to get the bus (there were 3 buses there) it was confusing no one told us where to go.  I asked a hipster who told me to go buy a ticket from the lady standing on the sidewalk and the NY bus was across the street.  The lady kept trying to sell me a roundtrip ticket even all I kept telling over and over I wanted a one way ticket, I felt like they were trying to rip me off because if I didn't look up the ticket price while waiting for the bus I wouldn't have seen what the round trip and one way prices were.

The driver on the way back to NY was very professional and friendly, but that was one rinky dink operation!

Where'd you take the bus from? There are a lot of Chinese bus companies. (I believe the Koreans have their own as well, but on a smaller scale.) Mine had a website to purchase tickets from and fixed pickup locations by the actual bus (and not a feeder van) like Amtrak.

Where'd you take the bus from? There are a lot of Chinese bus companies. (I believe the Koreans have their own as well, but on a smaller scale.) Mine had a website to purchase tickets from and fixed pickup locations by the actual bus (and not a feeder van) like Amtrak.

I got the bus somewhere in Deleware going back to NY.

One time a friend of mine made a non native speaker say something in Cantonese that he thought was a pick up line for all the Asian sisters in the area. In reality he was saying "原谅我,你有什么卫生纸?" (Pardon me: Do you have any toilet paper?") to all the girls when we was in Flushing Queens Public Library. LOL Oh man.

Sort of reminds me of this episode in the Big Bang Theory (he was speaking Mandarin, though).

I got the bus somewhere in Deleware going back to NY.

In dover,DE? Or smyrna?

A nice cultural experience if you ask me.

In all seriousness, a great alternative to Greyhound and its affiliates who charge an arm and leg to travel within state lines.

Actually these chinatown people helped wake up greyhound to the point where greyhound rates are infact on par with chinatown operators. The fact that in some cases chinatown serves areas greyhound doesn't reach is even better.

Burn baby Burn!

We don't need no water let the muthaf**ka BURN!!!!!!!!!!

The van picked me up in smyrna but I can't remember what city we transfered to the coach.

I know that area I remember taking the DART 120 there those buses down there are BLAZIN FAST I had to literally SPRINT like husain bolt to catch that 120 line.

I only have taken dover buses there though. In order to get back I took the ferry to NJ and used NJT 552 and greyhound to get home what a trip I did stop overs in NJ though. I took amtrak due to the bus not being frequent enough and used 301 to get to that area in DE. 301 was timed with the amtrak.

back to chinatown sorry.

The Chinabus I use (Albany-NYC) is GREAT. All of the buses have a bathroom, it's only $30 roundtrip, and sometimes the ops do the trip in less then 3 hours! Granted when they first started off, none of the buses had ventilation  which was horrible, but now they're getting so popular, their buses have had A/C's put in them, and now Colonie/Chinatown (depending which side you're starting on) gets their own bus, so you won't have to miss one! (Back when it was one bus, and I was trying to get down a few days before Christmas, I kept missing buses because they filled up in Colonie) As long as you don't mind somebody sitting next to you on the trip, you'll be fine. But I agree with avoiding the cheapest. There's another Chinabus carrier in Albany, that's about $3 cheaper than the one I use, $7 if you get your tickets online. Well one day, my mom missed the last bus of the night for our carrier, so she used the other one. This is what she told me happened, and why I should NEVER use that carrier. "You know how the crowd on our bus isn't the best, right? Well the one's on that bus is even worse. For the extra $5 people save, people got alot more bitchier real quick. There were almost 7 fights on that bus! Three of which were because someone was pissed that they had to pay extra because they didn't book online, two of them were seat disputes, oe of them was god knows what, and the 7th was a personal reason for somebody. Not to mention the drivers are real bitchy, and they yell at you if you get up to use the bathroom."

Archived