New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6233 in Cape May on the 552

we have already established that Egg Harbor NABIs can be used on full service lines... even on the 319 only between Atlantic City and Wildwood/Cape May

there was even a picture of an Egg Harbor NABI on the 559 at Toms River, and it was posted on this forum

I believe only a few of the RTS at Rutgers were NJT owned. The majority of them were RTS, LFS and New Flyer D60LFs owned by Academy.

Yeah those RTS were sent up to Academy #22 Hillside, the D60LF's are still at Academy though, same with the LFS. I see them in the distance at the Perth garage when I take the 817.

Yeah those RTS were sent up to Academy #22 Hillside, the D60LF's are still at Academy though, same with the LFS. I see them in the distance at the Perth garage when I take the 817.

Academy still has a few of those non-NJT RTS too... not sure what their purpose is anymore and I think they're selling a few along with the D60LFs. A lot of the LFS are going to the NYU, Columbia, and Boston University contracts.

Academy still has a few of those non-NJT RTS too... not sure what their purpose is anymore and I think they're selling a few along with the D60LFs. A lot of the LFS are going to the NYU, Columbia, and Boston University contracts.

I might get to ride one next week. Taking a class @ Rutgers that involves a trip to NYC, and they take their own buses up there.

Saw academy twin forks bus in Brooklyn on Atlantic ave using NJT bus.

This just proves further that Academy can't be trusted with NJT's buses. The hell was it doing out there in LI?

I swear Academy is gonna get NJT in trouble with the feds one of these days for letting some of this shit slide.

Edited by Transitkid4608

Academy been using NJT buses for use other then NJT contracted routes. I see them all the time in philly doing chartered trips to baseball games and other events. NJT needs to stop that shyt. And we are short on buses. Academy is slick though, while saving milage on their Js and older D4500s, they use the njt buses for charters!

Smh, those are commuter buses meant for NJ, they have absolutely no business in Brooklyn. Seeing a J4500 on Route 9 should give some hint these passengers that they should tell NJT that THEIR buses aren't being used properly.

Only people like us bus fans would rat out Academy for something like this.  The average everyday bus passenger don't give a rat's ass about who owns what bus, as long as that bus shows up to take them to wherever they want to go [work, school, etc].  So if a J4500 shows up on the route to work, they don't care, they will get on, pay their fare and ride.  They even might like it since the bus is a luxury charter instead of the regular piece of junk.

I swear I hate people sometimes. I get on 1205 on the M&W, quite possibly the last rehabbed RTS I'll ride, at Newport Mall and as the bus is pulling out this construction guy gets on blasting his music so loud that I can hear it loud and clear in the front of the bus and he's in the back row. I always hate that, and I'm usually not an a**hole about it since I don't want to get shot, but this is by far the loudest music I've ever heard on a bus so I faked a phone call then nicely approached the guy saying I couldn't hear my friend. He said "get outta here man", so (call me a foamer) I told the op about the situation, she didn't do anything since believe it or not he was wearing earbuds. So I walk off with no onboard vid today... (there's no way it would've gotten past the YouTube censors even severely edited) gotta try again though before A&Cs Novas head out the door.

It's funny, the 4 right behind us was an unrehabbed bus and basically empty, but I stupidly forgot the 4 also went to Grove Street so I got on the M&W... smh

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

What's this place? I've taken pictures and seen it on the road, but I don't what it is exactly. Does it have a name?

9145985876_89ee684ff0_b.jpg
IMG_6797 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

The RTS graveyard outside Meadowlands Garage. Don't know the official name.

I know they go there, NJT tries to sell them (there's craigslist ads and everything) and I believe the ones that don't sell get scrapped, as well as ones that retire when the yard is full.