New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the June 22nd timetables
other than the summer services... the 304 resumes service to Mountain Creek weekends beginning june 15th to Labor Day... includes July 4 and July 5

Also... the 67B trips will no longer serve Lincoln Harbor... they will begin/end at Journal Sq

Looking at the June 22nd timetables

other than the summer services... the 304 resumes service to Mountain Creek weekends beginning june 15th to Labor Day... includes July 4 and July 5

Also... the 67B trips will no longer serve Lincoln Harbor... they will begin/end at Journal Sq

I honestly think that the 67B trips are useless. Just better off adding 64/63 trips.

So I was driving down 787 about an hour ago, and what do I see but a set of NJT commuter rail cars (multi level) in a consist of freight. Why would they be up here? I'm not familiar with NJT car orders, so i'm assuming it's new cars being delivered from Bombardier, (hence why I posted it here) and if it's not that but correct me if i'm wrong, it could be warranty work on the cars...

So I was driving down 787 about an hour ago, and what do I see but a set of NJT commuter rail cars (multi level) in a consist of freight. Why would they be up here? I'm not familiar with NJT car orders, so i'm assuming it's new cars being delivered from Bombardier, (hence why I posted it here) and if it's not that but correct me if i'm wrong, it could be warranty work on the cars...

Yup, we're receiving new Multilevels from Bombardier which are delivered by freight.

Yup, we're receiving new Multilevels from Bombardier which are delivered by freight.

Aww, shame I couldn't snap a picture. But on the bright side, now I know where to stalk when the 179's are delivered!

Yesterday’s Derailment and Evacuation

The train that derailed yesterday was the 5:51 p.m. departure for Hempstead, which had departed from Track 14. It was a 10-car train carrying as many as 800 people, but only the middle two cars derailed.

Passengers in the rear four cars evacuated by safely stepping down to the tracks in the presence of LIRR personnel and first responders, and then walking back to the platform at Penn Station. Passengers in the front six cars evacuated with the help of an NJ Transit train that pulled up to the front end of the train. Passengers walked single-file into the NJ Transit train, which then pulled eastward and made a reverse move back to Penn Station.

way to go to NJTransit for lending a hand. this is from mta.info 

also just want to say the NJCL jersey shore express is back and bad(the good way). i was waiting for train at middletown heading toward red bank and that express really fly on by and leave the dust in your face. it was like going 60 mph passing thru the station while passengers was waiting for the local train. . also for those who like to cross the track while gates is down WATCH OUT!!! 

On 8257 as I post this, the clever devices are doing the same thing that the NABIs are with the "ding" after the Stop Request button is pushed.

Yup, forgot to mention that Saturday when I took the 67, probably because of all the shit that went down with the PAPD at EWR.

A lot of the announcements on the 67 seem to go off way before their stops too, funny on the 139 they usually go off right as the bus pulls in to the stop.

166T didn't come for more than 30 minutes (at 10:30), around 11:10 bus from Fairview came and I wonder what happened? Even the 165T departing at 11:05, which is notorious for coming very late, came on time...

p.s. some passenger who didn't know about change of gate after 10PM took the bus. He took the bus to palisades park but his destination was Old bridge... poor guy 

NJT assumes when ppl are being taken to six flags that they have a way back and thats usually the case, so in turn less buses are sent out to go pick up and return. The majority of the tix bought on the 308 are OW. Service is based on crowds, if alot of ppl did ride leaving pabt or newark then guess what only a few buses will be sent back. 55x3=165 an 17x3=51 so in all its 216 total that can ride back if standees were taken, so to say 200 ppl was left stranded i find hard to believe and i heard nothing of this story. I chat with alot of meadowland guys in ac.

The service isnt terrible, its based on crowds at pabt! The 308 has no sch.

And sunday-wed is slow days for six flags. I dont know what to make of this story.

Edited by 553 Bridgeton

NJT assumes when ppl are being taken to six flags that they have a way back and thats usually the case, so in turn less buses are sent out to go pick up and return. The majority of the tix bought on the 308 are OW. Service is based on crowds, if alot of ppl did ride leaving pabt or newark then guess what only a few buses will be sent back. 55x3=165 an 17x3=51 so in all its 216 total that can ride back if standees were taken, so to say 200 ppl was left stranded i find hard to believe and i heard nothing of this story. I chat with alot of meadowland guys in ac.

The service isnt terrible, its based on crowds at pabt! The 308 has no sch.

And sunday-wed is slow days for six flags. I dont know what to make of this story.

How do they all have rides? They all know people out here?

I've seen those 308s going back to NY, a lot of them (usually the Howell runs) go up 9 instead of 195 and they're mobbed.

"The NABIs (at least the ones from Orange & Hilton) no longer say "Stop Requested". When you ring the bell, it just makes a chime sound (instead of the chime, then the voice saying "Stop Requested"). Also, some of the 5800s at Orange now have driver shields. "

7932 is stopped on the Parkway on the 64H, possibly broken down. "1" is no longer displaying.

Could be a problem with "1" where the customers had to load onto 7932. Imagine fitting 2 (let along 1) rounds of 64H passengers into a D4000... like I said they really can't run the 40 footers on the JC routes. I'm surprised they even did, I know they didn't run one this morning.

Edit: 7932 back on the move, "1" off the map. Guess it did break down.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

"The NABIs (at least the ones from Orange & Hilton) no longer say "Stop Requested". When you ring the bell, it just makes a chime sound (instead of the chime, then the voice saying "Stop Requested"). Also, some of the 5800s at Orange now have driver shields. "

Check the Clever Devices thread, we've established that already lol.

7932 is stopped on the Parkway on the 64H, possibly broken down. "1" is no longer displaying.

Could be a problem with "1" where the customers had to load onto 7932. Imagine fitting 2 (let along 1) rounds of 64H passengers into a D4000... like I said they really can't run the 40 footers on the JC routes. I'm surprised they even did, I know they didn't run one this morning.

Edit: 7932 back on the move, "1" off the map. Guess it did break down.

I can't seem to see all of the live buses on the MyBusNow for some reason, it's stuck displaying the "loading" message. Can you PM me as to why something like this could happen?

Anyway yeah they shouldn't have brought out a 40' on the 64H. I know how crowded that line can get, and packing a bunch of pax onto a D4000 isn't a good idea during rush hour.