New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

Nobody. That's why I said it was empty. They're service is worse than MCRAP.

Preach brother :lol:  ohh in other news 2 more oceanfail routes bit the dust OC7&8 were eliminated July 2nd months back. You mean MCAT? Hence why I suggested NJT purge them and have their 600 series absorb them the 600&619 and a suburban bus route. The 400 line.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Preach brother :lol:  ohh in other news 2 more oceanfail routes bit the dust OC7&8 were eliminated July 2nd months back. You mean MCAT? Hence why I suggested NJT purge them and have their 600 series absorb them the 600&619 and a suburban bus route. The 400 line.

Let's leave the Suburban 400 alone. That and the 138 have that area locked tight during the week. Weekend however is another story.

New Academy Bus commercial using an NJT owned MCI

I honestly have no comment, as they're advertising a NJ-NYC service, but they're using an NJT-owned bus. I'll let some others chime in on it.

Saw a Neoplan driving into gate 211 and nearly lost my mind over it... but fortunately, it was at the wrong place and quickly pulled out of the lane. I don't ever want to see a Neoplan on 166T under any circumstances... 

The 166 needs all the help it can get. And don't sleep on those Neo's....the Fairview guys keep up with traffic on the turnpike when they use them on the 321.

Anybody know why the door announcements on the MCIs are so muffled and inaudible? I can barely hear the voice say "Route 139, New York via Freehold Center" or whatever.

I don't think they are weatherproofed very good. All our MCIs with the door announcements sound like crap, plus it's a low priority replacement item.

Anyone notice more and more D4000's have been on the 67? That's all I've been seeing on that line lately.

I've been seeing the same thing.

9024 broke down earlier leaving a shit ton of passengers at Newport Mall. That was going to be my ride down, ugh.

Edited by Cait Sith
typo.

Thankfully it wasnt 9025 i have faith in 9025 lol.

Well as for the 40s on the 67 it runs every 2hrs so its not like it needs 45s. There have been times i posted on the 67 and only had Bout 30 ppl the entire way down to lakewood. First few times this was during rush hour. Felt like i was a express cause i picked up no one once i left Newark. The 67X gets way more usuage.

Edited by 553 Bridgeton

im starting to see driver shields on Newton Ave NABIs

They have been around for a month or so.  I saw one on 5569 back in August.

The shields are popping up on Hamilton Garage buses in Trenton as well, and don't be surprised that they are showing up on Egg Harbor's NABIs too.