New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I was going back to Bergenline Ave station via the bus bridges the NABIs from Coach USA's One bus has the old style gfi fare box. I was thinking "why they use that on a modern bus" idk i am use to the ones that njt has now. By the way HBLR when it comes to construction can be chaotic and reveals that most people going to hoboken really do not want walk far to Washington St i mean even at 2nd street you can still get to the terminal anways

As I was going back to Bergenline Ave station via the bus bridges the NABIs from Coach USA's One bus has the old style gfi fare box. I was thinking "why they use that on a modern bus" idk i am use to the ones that njt has now. By the way HBLR when it comes to construction can be chaotic and reveals that most people going to hoboken really do not want walk far to Washington St i mean even at 2nd street you can still get to the terminal anways

They still hire CUSA for the bus bridges? Damn, after R&T went under I thought that would be done with.

Guess because HBLR is privately operated, the contractor is responsible for arranging the bus bridges and not NJT Bus Operations.

Seems like the Clever Device volume can be adjusted on the MCIs. It's dead low on this one, but I have to say that's the best way to do it on the 139.

Also NJSP is pulling over another 319 right now by the Driscoll Bridge toll plaza.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

NJT needs to have dispatchers by the 300 level gates after 10PM at all the time. 166T came to wrong gate (325) and people went to that bus. Somehow, that bus became local and second 166T came at right spot (324). You can guess that line got messy and things got messy...

Where are the dispatchers when we need one? sheesh...this is not this first time

NJT needs to have dispatchers by the 300 level gates after 10PM at all the time. 166T came to wrong gate (325) and people went to that bus. Somehow, that bus became local and second 166T came at right spot (324). You can guess that line got messy and things got messy...

Where are the dispatchers when we need one? sheesh...this is not this first time

the dispatchers are there I see them usually around midnight still working up there. i think their there til 1. If u think that's bad try waiting for a bus after 1 a.m in the lower levels (greyhound). it be a mess down there.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hey what is the fare for riding the 81X because the reason being is on a friday with my two zone pass i wanted to get to JC quick however i was drop off at 53th in bayonne  becuase the driver said i needed to pay again which is weird becuase it would cover only 2 zones. Plus it was only me and another person thats it so did i get hopped off legit or not?

Hey what is the fare for riding the 81X because the reason being is on a friday with my two zone pass i wanted to get to JC quick however i was drop off at 53th in bayonne  becuase the driver said i needed to pay again which is weird becuase it would cover only 2 zones. Plus it was only me and another person thats it so did i get hopped off legit or not?

thats odd considering the 81, both local and express, is a 2 zone route. idk how things are in Hudson County since my last visit, but maybe the driver must be tripping

thats odd considering the 81, both local and express, is a 2 zone route. idk how things are in Hudson County since my last visit, but maybe the driver must be tripping

I know i was wondering the samething as well since it was only me and another guy he probably wanted his shift done or something

It is 2 zones. I'd make a complaint.

Maybe because there license is more important to keep. And also they may have bulletins in their crew rooms about speeding.

I don't mean Formula One faster, I mean like fast enough to be on time. This one guy I had yesterday was damn near 20 minutes late because he was driving too slow. Like he was doing 30MPH on Route 35, the speed limit on that stretch of road is like 45-50MPH. I'm not saying they should drive like 90MPH, but they should go fast enough to maintain the schedule and obey traffic laws.

of course today is memorial day, before i left AC, i noticed 7177 (meadowlands) had a full bus for new york, idk what happened next because i hopped on the 12:10pm 551 trip... but a group of guys were not allowed on cuz the bus had all 55 passangers, and you know northern division does not allow standees... so now i am seeing non restroom buses on the 319 to new york (idk about 8250) on mybus now... i saw 7501 and 7416...

friday, meadowlands sent 4 extra buses to do the 319 SB to AC (as part of the PABT early getaway schedule)

shit like adding extra buses on the 319 today needs to be announced through a special schedule for memorial day

and 6232 is on the 319 AC to Wildwood run (3:20pm, 7:20pm trips)

of course today is memorial day, before i left AC, i noticed 7177 (meadowlands) had a full bus for new york, idk what happened next because i hopped on the 12:10pm 551 trip... but a group of guys were not allowed on cuz the bus had all 55 passangers, and you know northern division does not allow standees... so now i am seeing non restroom buses on the 319 to new york (idk about 8250) on mybus now... i saw 7501 and 7416...

friday, meadowlands sent 4 extra buses to do the 319 SB to AC (as part of the PABT early getaway schedule)

shit like adding extra buses on the 319 today needs to be announced through a special schedule for memorial day

and 6232 is on the 319 AC to Wildwood run (3:20pm, 7:20pm trips)

Shit, and I left that whole area yesterday. Would've liked to catch all that.

Just because because 8250 is a 45 doesnt mean they gona call that bus all the way from the garage. Whatever bus with a driver is sitting with no runs left will go out.

We have no idea how many ppl will be riding until the day comes. Itd be easy to have extra buses on schedule but what if you did and you didnt get all those ppl.....

I don't mean Formula One faster, I mean like fast enough to be on time. This one guy I had yesterday was damn near 20 minutes late because he was driving too slow. Like he was doing 30MPH on Route 35, the speed limit on that stretch of road is like 45-50MPH. I'm not saying they should drive like 90MPH, but they should go fast enough to maintain the schedule and obey traffic laws.

Those speed limits we made with cars only in mind yeah we can do that speed in the MCI but let a deer or a kid or some fool roll too far thru a stop sign and its the academy school bus scenario all over again. As an operator I will take getting there safe and late than on time and hoping the entire way no hazard pops up. Plus he could also be using his brain alot of bus schedules are too tight to keep and running it late make customers conplain which in tern causes planning to adjust the schedule.

Hilton is getting the protective doors put on their 5400's. 5418 has one installed & there's more to come.

If its the same partitions that they have on the 5650s out of ironbound they are garbage they dont do true partition like MTA they didnt bother to move the wayfarer so the door closes so we can still reach it leaving a huge space that can still get reached around or have something thrown at you. And the very first batch didnt even come with any sort of lock it came with a suction to keep the door close which failed to do that even the bus was a year old. Bus operator is not hard, stressful at times yes but not hard. But some of the decisions NJT makes or doesnt make makes this position needlessly difficult and dangerous

Two very interesting sightings, 4004 is on the 126 and 8523 now has orange signs.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk 2

yeah ironbound has a few rush hour trippers on the 126 and we now have 8519 thru 23 IIRC that now have the amber signs I thought we were doing a sign conversion finally but like the other poster said these were pulled or returned from coach who did the sign convert which is the only reason they have them. and even then theyre not using the displays the howell 40 foot MCI have from what Ive seen theyre using whatever display the NABIs come with. Next time anyone looks notice the display stops a lil short of the display housing and on some buses you can see that they used something (foam, paper?) to fill in the gap

Edited by IronboundNJT

yeah ironbound has a few rush hour trippers on the 126 and we now have 8519 thru 23 IIRC that now have the amber signs I thought we were doing a sign conversion finally but like the other poster said these were pulled or returned from coach who did the sign convert which is the only reason they have them. and even then theyre not using the displays the howell 40 foot MCI have from what Ive seen theyre using whatever display the NABIs come with. Next time anyone looks notice the display stops a lil short of the display housing and on some buses you can see that they used something (foam, paper?) to fill in the gap

Howell D4000s have flipdot signs.