New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you mean the CNGs? They have Aesys LED signs.

I do not know the different type of signs by name only by the the type of bus I see them on....I dont know from which garage they came from im told theyre from coach usa but ironbound now has buses numbered between 8519 (which is currently on a mechanic lift im walking by it as I type this) and 8523 (all 40 ft diesels) all now possess led signage whatever make the nabi use 

I do not know the different type of signs by name only by the the type of bus I see them on....I dont know from which garage they came from im told theyre from coach usa but ironbound now has buses numbered between 8519 (which is currently on a mechanic lift im walking by it as I type this) and 8523 (all 40 ft diesels) all now possess led signage whatever make the nabi use 

yeah you are right, its from Coach USA, Olympia Trails to be specific. those buses were used on the Newark Airport Express route, and the signs were replaced since the flipdots stopped working/messed up and they thought to replace it rather than repair it

Some of these Academy Middlesex drivers need to speed the hell up when they drive. Some of them are running like 15 minutes late because they drive too slow.

Been noticing an across the board slowdown on NJT buses, no more speedy rides on the GSP anymore.

Ha, my 139s have been hauling ass as usual. 

the 319's are just creeping on the GSP, all the cars pass us like we're standing still, esp on and around the Driscoll. Wonder if it had to with the NJSP incident. And when I was on the 319 on Sunday with 7185 I had a scare the driver pulled over on the NJTP around the airport, was worried it was breaking down (knowing the history of that bus), but he forgot to set the Clever Devices, once he did we were on our way. 

Edited by PinePower

7185 is a peace a sh*t. I hate taking that bus. Its been problematic since the day it came from MCI.

I havent heard any drivers saying they creeping maybe its just you? Theres a sch to keep and they will be at the mercy of dispatch if they late for anything non traffic wise. Everytime i did the 319 ive finished 2hrs 10mins. I havent been near it in a while.

Edited by 553 Bridgeton

Nice to know they're making their way in. I can't help but think that NJT already has up to 7220 or that it's been built and being delivered to NJ as I post this.

If they're already selling MCI CNGs then they probably have a bunch of units.

Shane I thought I saw you on 9 by Gordon's Corner before.

Well the fact that this extention increases the 772 by a substantial amount or runtime, and increases the 772 runtime to an hour 43 minutes, I wonder how drivers would feel because of that.

See my point NJT can do almost anything I don't think many would care. Correction travel time is an hour and 32 minutes and midday service past hackensack was improved as well. It is no longer that so called rush hour only line it used to be.

Edited by qjtransitmaster

@ Orion

They don't go there anymore. It been about a year since they went there. It use to be every 30 mins, then every 45 mins, they a hour and something till they just completely ended it because of "low ridership". That bull, cause I took that bus all the time and a lot of people went to walmart or workers from walmart, micheals, lowe's, etc were getting on or off. I ask them when they will bring it back and they told me to contact walmart. Now I walk over they by the highway, which not that easy nor safe.

Edited by dkm07302

So looking at new schedules from June 22nd one highlight for me is the 119 removed the restriction to Bayonne if your in JFK Blvd or JSQ to hop on honestly it is a stupid rule because people will not wait for the 10 so if you hop the 119 it is almost the same thing.