New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/upcoming/T0119.pdf

Well the 119 will be expanding bus service with the Pulaski  closing thats two things one more servic along central ave and another option other than 10 to go on in case the other is crowded. I wonder if these extra service would perminate even after the reopening of the southbound skyway bc if i was NJT i would need to keep this kind of scedule just to appese the central ave folks you know

http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/upcoming/T0119.pdf

Well the 119 will be expanding bus service with the Pulaski  closing thats two things one more servic along central ave and another option other than 10 to go on in case the other is crowded. I wonder if these extra service would perminate even after the reopening of the southbound skyway bc if i was NJT i would need to keep this kind of scedule just to appese the central ave folks you know

Actually, you're not allowed to do 119 trips entirely south of Journal Sq, so you're still stuck with the 10 along JFK Blvd...although...wasn't the 99S running 24/7 at one point?

https://twitter.com/NJTRANSIT_NBUS

2 Breakdowns on the 319 tonight as per their twitter. Could've been the same bus involved, but I just bet it's a CL and a good chance 7185 is to blame. Also one on the 137 as well, I was just on that run on Wed night.

Bus Route No. 319, the 10:30pm departure from Atlantic City Bus Terminal to the Port Authority is disabled due to a mechanical problem.

Bus Route No. 319, the 6:45 pm departure from NY PABT to Atlantic City is currently delayed in New York with a mechanical problem.

Bus Route No. 137, the 7:35 pm arrival into New York Port Authority is currently delayed in Lincroft with a mechanical problem.

2 Breakdowns on the 319 tonight as per their twitter. Could've been the same bus involved, but I just bet it's a CL and a good chance 7185 is to blame. Also one on the 137 as well, I was just on that run on Wed night.

Bus Route No. 319, the 10:30pm departure from Atlantic City Bus Terminal to the Port Authority is disabled due to a mechanical problem.

Bus Route No. 319, the 6:45 pm departure from NY PABT to Atlantic City is currently delayed in New York with a mechanical problem.

Bus Route No. 137, the 7:35 pm arrival into New York Port Authority is currently delayed in Lincroft with a mechanical problem.

Most of the other delayed buses were Nabi's with breakdowns. Way to many mechanical problems for fairly new buses..

5996 on the 111.

I feel bad for the folks on that bus. It must be sardine can status.

Terrible! Blame Howell. They have MCIs from every garage. We have about 10 nabis daily on the 553. Im sick and tired of hearing the complaints. My run had to mci a 45fter, lemme just say, its not pretty.

First of all the 1030 is a meadowlands run out of ACBT and the 1130 is eht outta PABT. And no it wasnt 7185. Get your facts straight before assuming. The 645 is Meadowland also. Both buses were Meadowlands.

Actually, you're not allowed to do 119 trips entirely south of Journal Sq, so you're still stuck with the 10 along JFK Blvd...although...wasn't the 99S running 24/7 at one point?

Well the policy is you can not hop off at JSQ going to NYC, its either somewhere in central ave or sometimes I do this is hop off at congress ave station. As for 99s going 24/7 yea it did before it was gone

Edited by NoHuBus

Does anyone here happen to know when they decided to change the signs on the MCI CNGs from Flipdots to Aesys?

Pretty sure it had to be around the time the CNGs were refurbished from the "disco stripes" to the current "wave" vinyl.

Just to say something about NJT and the current situation on buses:

first off, they should have all the blame for the current shitstorm they are in. The DesignLine dilemma, I'm not gonna go beat a deadhorse about it so I'll leave it be. NJT should've kept the MCI CNGs until the newer ones start arriving. All they have to do is replace the tanks with aftermarket ones and once you have enough of the new fleet, then they can start scrapping them. But I learned that it comes down to one thing: money.

Speaking of the CNGs, the garage that houses them. Howell needs to stop hoarding MCIs from different garages. I'm sure the other garages have their needs for them and the last place they should be is at Howell.

The situation at Ironbound:

IDK how this all started but NJT management needs to put their foot down on the people in charge of that garage and straighten the ship. Its unacceptable having the other garages nearby (Hilton, Orange, Meadowlands, and to a lesser extent Big Tree and Greenville) pick up the slack on Ironbound's routes when they have their own routes to run and not enough personnel to send out to help.

end of rant

I agree. I understand Howell has there needs but we are struggling to maintain service. You walk in our garage and its always near empty. Causing drivers to be late for runs just to wait for a bus to come in. Everything was good before this designline shit began. Had to cut runs on the 502/553 to free up buses. They fed to lie to the pax about it being due to low ridership, however thats not the case. We been putting 30ft nabis on the 502/507/508/509 just to keep some 40ft nabis free for the 552 short runs n 553 runs.

I agree. I understand Howell has there needs but we are struggling to maintain service. You walk in our garage and its always near empty. Causing drivers to be late for runs just to wait for a bus to come in. Everything was good before this designline shit began. Had to cut runs on the 502/553 to free up buses. They fed to lie to the pax about it being due to low ridership, however thats not the case. We been putting 30ft nabis on the 502/507/508/509 just to keep some 40ft nabis free for the 552 short runs n 553 runs.

it always seems that the South Jersey operations get the short end of the stick. Using the mini CRAPIs for crush loaded routes shouldn't be allowed AT ALL. i feel bad for ya guys over there

Believe me, I for one would love for you guys to get 8269-8290 back (along with the rest of the D4000s Howell's borrowing). There isn't a day that's gone by where there hasn't been a plethora of D4000s on Route 9 and our other peak volume routes. You guys need those buses more than we do honestly. I'd rather we just get some 7100s from Meadowlands and you guys get your D4000s back (then again, I did see 7140 doing the 131 on MyBusNow a few days back).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Transitkid4608

They don't have the Clever Devices or they'd show up on other routes aleeady. I don't think it will exclusively run RTSes either.

At the same time, they did yank a bunch of RTSs out of storage just for the 95 and other services, so we'll see.