New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was told by a old timer at Howell that they tried to use the Neo's on the 139 when they were new and the people threw a fit.
I figured as much. Them pax complain about anything.

I feel like one day NJT is gonna have no other choice but to put a Neo or NABI on the 139. And when that day comes, riders are gonna riot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow. when it come to bus, i don't care what kind it is, as long it get me where i need to go. To be honest i find nabi better then Rts. less noisy inside the passenger area. whenever the bus hit a bump and hole you don't hear anything shaking inside the Nabi, the rts do. so annoying. 

The 139 riders are snobs, better to have a bus than none at all. I will only defend their dislike of the Designlines but that're purely from a RELIABILITY standpoint. The NABIs and NEO's still have comfy seats not hard plastic. It's not like we're throwing some NICE Orion 7NG's on there or something...man I'd actually like to see their reaction to that..lol

The 139 riders are snobs, better to have a bus than none at all. I will only defend their dislike of the Designlines but that're purely from a RELIABILITY standpoint. The NABIs and NEO's still have comfy seats not hard plastic. It's not like we're throwing some NICE Orion 7NG's on there or something...man I'd actually like to see their reaction to that..lol

No recline, quite a few of them aren't as tall as the rest of them. I'd be 100% against anything other than MCIs (or another equally reliable and comfortable over the road coach) on the 139.

No recline, quite a few of them aren't as tall as the rest of them. I'd be 100% against anything other than MCIs (or another equally reliable and comfortable over the road coach) on the 139.

But if an MCI isn't available, a bus is better than no bus....obviously there's a situation with Howell hogging all the MCI's and still being short..

But if an MCI isn't available, a bus is better than no bus....obviously there's a situation with Howell hogging all the MCI's and still being short..

I hate to sound like a certain "jabroni" on here but paying over $10 to sit on a city bus for over an hour isn't right. Yes it's public transit and it'd be better for everyone if people could realize that and just ride what shows up without complaining, but that's just not how it works here. We don't need to piss off the Route 9 commuters and put more cars on the road to NY during rush hour.

I hate to sound like a certain "jabroni" on here but paying over $10 to sit on a city bus for over an hour isn't right. Yes it's public transit and it'd be better for everyone if people could realize that and just ride what shows up without complaining, but that's just not how it works here. We don't need to piss off the Route 9 commuters and put more cars on the road to NY during rush hour.

Sadly your right. But any NABI on rte 9 at rush should just go on GSP to metropark by this logic however it would enable some new interesting commutes sort of I really don't care much about middlesex I don't have energy to divert to a low paying planning career anyway.

They wont drive not with gas prices and tolls etc.... I would take a Nabi anyday over driving.

If anyone cares lol transit is working on a metrocard type system. The plan is to get rid of exact fare and full service. Only a fare box will be present along with the register so you can issue a xfer and ctt and accept monthly passes and x-ticket n x-xfer
That is hands down the best news I've received all day.....

When you say 'metrocard' do you mean that a passenger could pick one up any of the major transit hubs (PABT, Journal Square, ACBT, GWB, Newark Penn, etc)? And it's one of those "swipe your card or insert your card here" type of payments, no?

Edited by Transitkid4608

That is hands down the best news I've received all day..... When you say 'metrocard' do you mean that a passenger could pick one up any of the major transit hubs (PABT, Journal Square, ACBT, GWB, Newark Penn, etc)? And it's one of those "swipe your card or insert your card here" type of payments, no?

The way systems are going contact-less, it may not be like that. But I do hope that at some point the MTA, NJT, and PATH can work out some universal card system.

Lol, that reminds me of when the pullout person at Market St gave me a NABI suburban for the 164X because there were no MCI's available... oh yes, I got lots and lots of strange looks and snarky comments that morning!  BTW, I have since made full time at Oradell. 

I saw NABI on 166 Local and couldn't believe my eyes. It was from fairview and I don't know how it managed to go up all the way to points north of englewood...

The way systems are going contact-less, it may not be like that. But I do hope that at some point the MTA, NJT, and PATH can work out some universal card system.

That would be less pain for many people there...

I saw NABI on 166 Local and couldn't believe my eyes. It was from fairview and I don't know how it managed to go up all the way to points north of englewood...

That would be less pain for many people there...

Its all about whats left. If thats whats left then they had to loan it. If a mci is on hold for whatever reason and a nabi is avail. it must go. Edited by 553 Bridgeton