New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if Academy will ever bother to fix 136 Freehold Mall Epress

On a related question, how often does the destination sign on buses get updated?

On the buses with Clever Devices it usually shows up right (express).

Speaking of that, Academy is still running a lot of buses without them on the 13xs, now that Bustime's rolled out they really should try to do all those runs with Clever Device buses.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

It still puzzles me whether they do Old Bridge Express runs or not. I've never seen any of them do it so I can't say so for sure.

Speaking of the 139, they need to get rid of those Union Hill Short turns because IMO, it's more pointless to run those S/T's when you have the 130 for that purpose. Plus it makes the commute harder for those who travel locally along Route 9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My question with Academy is: What's with the 5xx numbers I see on the destination sign? I know there was one sign saying 519 Port Authority.

That's their AM 139 runs that don't run with Clever Device buses, they've always done that. I guess it could be the run number? But I really don't know...

I just want to say few things. i saw a CoachUsa using the Novas RTS on march 26 near newark train track.  When i was in philly heading to Atlantic city at 3 pm. This bus i was on, the clever device was mess up big time. The clever device was saying Atlantic City Bus Terminal Arrival at Annadale Park and Ride. I love the Trenton Express. I wander why New Brunswick got added in going south that morning. I remember the last time it didn't  stop there. Going north on Trenton express to New York it was little slow here and there because of the Amtrak's work crew. that trenton express to new york seem to weave in and out of all the tracks they have available.  For those who use train everyday will get a smoother ride if your train is on track 2 between linden and elizabeth. The good sighting at Newark Penn was an Amtrak train was arriving on Track 3 while NjTransit NJCL  Bay Head 640 pm was arriving on Track 2 at the same time. Never seen this before. Both train left at same time as well and have same speed till Newark Airport because Amtrak have to stop there. 

So for the April 12th bus schedule changes, the City of Philadelphia is removing the Broad Street + Vine Street bus stop

I personally disagree with the decision, because that bus stop means direct access to the Broad Street Line

Does anyone know if that bus stop will then be used by SEPTA buses?

monmouth freehold.and seaview

seaview is the worst i seen. too many tight turns spot and in extreme heavy traffic where rt 66. 

freehold-- have to go all the way around to the back by merry go around. waste of time going that way when they could done it near cheesecake factory.

monmouth the way the 832 and 831 go in and out.  It waste of time to go to second light on wycoff rd and turn there while that s curve look so small for bus to get thru with cars.  making a sharp right turn in certain alley heading toward boscov before making left to lord and taylor.  Especially making sharp turn by lord and taylor and cross the ring road when they are leaving. also the 832  asbury park bound should use the ring rd and go toward friday to exit. not going toward wyckoff then 36 then 35. 

P.A. i know the mall parking lot is designed to make the traffic slow as possible to keep speed down, 

Edited by pjbr40

Clever Device news. Soon will be tied into fare machine n register n zones will change automatically. Slow going process.

I noticed more options have been added to the touchscreen, guessing fare related stuff since I've seen a video of a Clever Device that had options like that on the screen and it was able to control the fares and basically do everything the Wayfarer does.

There trying do away with signing onto the radio also. When ya sign in on the clever device it signs ya into everything. So far hamilton is the only garage that has that option. Itll make life much easier. PIA signing into 3 devices.

They told us that that specific feature wouldve been installed since the end of last summer for everyone. I still miss the lil number that displayed how late, on time, or early we were

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

Edited by IronboundNJT

Great, so now if the Clever Device acts up, the fare register and radio will go with it?  Not that the radios even work half the time anyway...  I do like the automatic zone changes though.  Sometimes it's easy to forget to change the zone on the register, especially if you don't do the same line every day (extra board, vacation relief, etc)

They told us that that specific feature wouldve been installed since the end of last summer for everyone. I still miss the lil number that displayed how late, on time, or early we wereSent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

Hey you know how it is lol! Ill be happy the day signing into the radio is gone. I still accidentally hit PRTT when signing on lol