New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are the D4500CTH thats suppose to be spilt between eht and twp.

I forgot about that order too, damn.

Makes me wonder how they'll run on the 319. Granted, we have D4000Hs, but the runs they go on are relatively short compared to the 319.

It also makes me wonder if its a bus-for-bus replacement.

Edited by Cait Sith

I forgot about that order too, damn.

Makes me wonder how they'll run on the 319. Granted, we have D4000Hs, but the runs they go on are relatively short compared to the 319.

It also makes me wonder if its a bus-for-bus replacement.

I honestly dont think theyll run on the 319. The 551 i can see. I rather it be just plain ol' CTs.

I thought that these were getting ordered for specifically for the 319?

Our CTHs are not bad buses, awesome takeoff and they are fast as hell (75mph) but they die out on the hills. I don't know how well they would work out climbing the Driscoll Bridge or the hills on the GSP. Another pain in the ass issue is that when they need work they have to be sent out and when they go down they tend to be OOS for awhile.

Lots of CRAPBIs showing upon the 406, and a few are doing 401-Salem, 402-Pennsville, 408-Millville, and 410 Bridgeton runs.  Is the MCI shortage at Washington Twp the reason these crappers [who need an overhaul like NOW!] are on these long-distance routes?

Lots of CRAPBIs showing upon the 406, and a few are doing 401-Salem, 402-Pennsville, 408-Millville, and 410 Bridgeton runs.  Is the MCI shortage at Washington Twp the reason these crappers [who need an overhaul like NOW!] are on these long-distance routes?

yea, even Newton Ave sent the last of their NABI suburbans 5370s to Twp, and Twp also got 5390s

Newton Ave got a few 6400s

Last summer, i saw a suburban NABI on the 554 at the AC bus terminal

13906615918_1d99bd3ea3.jpg

When you said they needed an overhaul, it reminded me that these suburbans are damn near 6 years old. It doesn't even feel that long. However, I don't think they need overhauls seeing as how most of them don't have any problems.

Man, I don't wanna hear ANY complaints from these Howell passengers about the multilevel seats because the dirty MFs brought it on themselves. I found a beer can on a CT yesterday. And they have the nerve to complain about the seats....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a nabi on the 551 last week. The shortage is from howell taking mcis from twp also. Remember some drivers like the nabis and will ask for one. Thursday night a nabi was on a 408 going to philly. I felt bad for those ppl.

The CTHs i just cant see them running the 319, even though thats the plan. For the simple fact of having those 5hr 319s from cape may to ny via the shore towns an ac/toms river. The order is suppose to be split between twp and eht.

There was a nabi on the 551 last week. The shortage is from howell taking mcis from twp also. Remember some drivers like the nabis and will ask for one. Thursday night a nabi was on a 408 going to philly. I felt bad for those ppl.

The CTHs i just cant see them running the 319, even though thats the plan. For the simple fact of having those 5hr 319s from cape may to ny via the shore towns an ac/toms river. The order is suppose to be split between twp and eht.

If they set up the Allison Hybridrive properly, they'll be able to run on the 319 just fine. The EP Hybridrives were made for long haul runs.

6548 now under the Newark Airport Express flag.

I wonder how high the Nabi's are going at O.N.E bus i know not up to 6614 other NJT garages need more. They just got like 50 new buses at O.N.E bus.

Edited by busdude2

This thread hasn't seen any action in days lol.

Anyway, I saw 7536 on Route 9 heading up to Perth Amboy for the 116, so it looks like Howell is still helping Ironbound.

I can't help but think there's gonna be a 45 on the 116 one day....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Transitkid4608