New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually the 95 will be b only a nova unless if a nova breaks down they'll probably us a nabi . Every night they have 5 novas lined up for da 95 for when they pull out in da morning & for the afternoon.

Makes no sense to put the 95 on mybusnow with only RTS's on that route. So far this week no buses showing on the 95 since clever devices are not on them.

The Ironbound runs are because some of Ironbound's drivers keep calling out (something I'm surprised hasn't hit the news) and Howell & Meadowlands are picking up the slack while struggling to run their own services. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are they calling out ? 

7501 was out on the 319 last night. Not even into the summer yet and the non-lav's are showing up.

Alot of our CLs are down. For whatever reason.

We borrowed 7164 from wayne which was suppose to be for the 319 but stuck it on the 553 cause ppl are complaining about the nabis. And 7169 from Meadowlands. Since Howell took 18 of our buses are in a rebellion lol. 30ft nabis on the 502/507/508/509. These routes are sardine cans.

Edited by 553 Bridgeton

Ok WTF is going on with Howell doing these runs...

That might have been a Meadowlands driver doing the 167 with a Howell bus. Usually if a bus breaksdown in New York they will swap with a Meadowlands or Ironbound bus.

i heard rumors on Facebook that the 307 route may be eliminated, could be for either 2 reasons.... Six Flags will no longer subsidize it, or NJT needs all the Howell buses they can use for the 139

Howell already has buses from EVERY GARAGE. The 307 doesnt use that many buses. This is really getting outta hand.

i heard rumors on Facebook that the 307 route may be eliminated, could be for either 2 reasons.... Six Flags will no longer subsidize it, or NJT needs all the Howell buses they can use for the 139

http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0307.pdf

Well they just issued the schedule for 2014, so they're not going to eliminate it this year. It's an important link to an underserved area, as Jackson Twp has very little regular bus service. Alot of workers there use it from Freehold..just how are they supposed to get to work if it gets discontinued? 139 riders can hop on Academy, but there's no alternative to the 307. I know, 139 riders have the $$ and $$ talks.. :(

http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0307.pdf

Well they just issued the schedule for 2014, so they're not going to eliminate it this year. It's an important link to an underserved area, as Jackson Twp has very little regular bus service. Alot of workers there use it from Freehold..just how are they supposed to get to work if it gets discontinued? 139 riders can hop on Academy, but there's no alternative to the 307. I know, 139 riders have the $$ and $$ talks.. :(

NJT rep admitted 139 is one of the few  most profitable routes in the system. Kinda makes you wonder why Napoleons aren't on that route.

• Because the Neo's don't have reclining seats. The folks on the 139 will throw a fit and some will stop riding it.

There's way too many D4500s at Howell. There's no way those things would fit in the garage.

They would have trouble pulling them out of Union Hill P&R.

If in the event they use them on the other lines, the Neo's would have even more trouble making some tertiary streets that the D4500s already have trouble making (i.e. the 135 in downtown Matawan).