Welcome to the 2013 Major & Minor League Baseball Thread

alejr88

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I quite honestly don't remember ANY team in ALL 4 of the major professional sports I've watched (NHL, NBA, MLB and NFL) that had the injuries the Yankees have had this year... its just injury after injury after injury and once these guys come back, they get hurt like a week later. What a shame... I'm not sure whether I can blame this failing season on anyone.. it just seems like a whole lot of bad luck

Yeah, didn't this happen with the Mets as well? But I think it's more to do with everyone just getting older at the same time. I still dunno who to blame more about Jeter: him or management for rushing back and playing SS instead of dh.

Andy got shelled today, damn... at least the trade deadline is gone, because no one can help this team as even the starting pitching is hit and miss on top of the lack of run support.

Just a quick question, do the gates for a 1:05 game open at 11:05 AM? I'm bringing my friend to the Stadium (this is his first game) and he wants to get there early and get a ball from batting practice. I'm usually the lazy one who gets there about 10 minutes before first pitch so I've never bothered to watch BP... for those who went to batting practice before can you tell me how likely it is to be able to catch a ball?

Just a quick question, do the gates for a 1:05 game open at 11:05 AM? I'm bringing my friend to the Stadium (this is his first game) and he wants to get there early and get a ball from batting practice. I'm usually the lazy one who gets there about 10 minutes before first pitch so I've never bothered to watch BP... for those who went to batting practice before can you tell me how likely it is to be able to catch a ball?

yes gates open 2 hours before start time i only watched bp once and never caught a ball i also went to old timers day pretty fun and steamy

Well cc pitched a decent game, but mo and the pen manages to blow the game and the yankees are swept by the lowly chisox... Can anyone say 'see ya next season'?

what the hell, they lost that game last night?

I thought Mo would get Dunn to strike out swinging (as usual); that's why I turned the channel to watch american dad....

So that dude that hit that double eventually scored then (the guy that Dunn had a chance to drive in w/ 2 outs in the 9th)....

Did the white sox win it in regulation, or did it go to extras?

what the hell, they lost that game last night?

I thought Mo would get Dunn to strike out swinging (as usual); that's why I turned the channel to watch american dad....

So that dude that hit that double eventually scored then (the guy that Dunn had a chance to drive in w/ 2 outs in the 9th)....

Did the white sox win it in regulation, or did it go to extras?

extras in 12

I'll admit I was expecting 99% of the Stadium crowd to jeer A-Rod. But when he's better than every third baseman the Yankees have put out thus far...

And then he goes 0-4 with three strikeouts, and gets a crowd that really really wanted to cheer for him, booing him in less than a New York minute.

Oh well, the longer he delays the suspension, the more likely he won't be able to play most of next season should he get the appeal to reduce it to maybe 150 (50+100). I don't really care at this point if a fraud plays the rest of the season. Much as i hate to say it, him at 70% is better than who ever was playing there at 3b.

Oh well, the longer he delays the suspension, the more likely he won't be able to play most of next season should he get the appeal to reduce it to maybe 150 (50+100). I don't really care at this point if a fraud plays the rest of the season. Much as i hate to say it, him at 70% is better than who ever was playing there at 3b.

He probably won't be able to play next season at all, but depending on the speed of the arbitrator, it looks likely that he'll be able to finish this one.

A-Roid hits his first HR of the season, but more importantly, Three straight blown saves by mariano......

On the bright side though, Gardner bails Mo' (and the rest of this hard-to-watch team) out with a game winning upper deck (of all things) solo HR in the bottom of the 9th....

A-Roid hits his first HR of the season, but more importantly, Three straight blown saves by mariano......

Important to note that he never gave up the game winning run, and that the Yankees either took the lead again or outright won those games.

Although I remember that he was tinkering with a two-seam fastball earlier this season and having success with it. Maybe he should start throwing it again... if done right, that plus the cutter would be a deadly combination, if only because no one expects it.

Archived