Improvising Daylight Saving Time

ACEVE14

Tomorrow is Daylight Saving Time and was hoping that tomorrow we should spring forward an extra hour to have a little less daylight in the morning and a little more daylight in the night, or probably later this year in November, we keep Daylight Saving Time going on for another year. That way when Sunday March 9th, 2014 comes, we will then spring forward 1 extra hour and for November's ending of Daylight Saving Time, we finish it a week late on November 9th and rewind back time by just 1 hour. It seemed like a terrific idea for the world that knows about the 8-month milestone of time saving, I'd figured "Why not?", it's better this way. What do you forum buddies say about my proposal on changes of Daylight Saving Time?

Another note, if you don't like DST, move to Hawaii or parts of Arizona.  I've been told they don't observe DST.

Lol.

Got the plane ticket plus two months rent? Send it to my bank account or by western union then I'll go. I'll pay you back, I promise. I prefer Hawaii.

*Crosses fingers behind back*

Yeah, it's ONE hour.

There's only 24 hrs in a day though. Every second counts......

One hour makes a big difference.

Exactly.

We need more hours of sun light. I welcome the change today. Later sunrise and later sunset. I only wished this was standard and in the fall we set the clocks ahead to take another hour for sunlight with the shorter days and then today would've been set the clocks back to regain that lost hour.

And before someone says what about the kids going out in the dark mornings? Meh, what about the rest of us that comes home after 6pm in the fall and its pitch black out?

@ Fresh Pond, Metro CSW: I thought I had it bad with working two IT tech jobs. I feel you guys, I remember when I was a machinist at a major international printing corperation (RR Donnelly, plant in Penn State took up two city blocks!)  before I moved back to Brooklyn NY and I went back to school before I recently became a CompTIA A+/CompTIA Net +/Microsoft MCTS/Cisco CCNA tech entering the IT game I was working 12 hour graveyard alternating shifts. 7PM-7AM shifts. It was a killer! I hear you.

Sucks that you overnight people lose an hour of sleep. But yeah, this DST thing kills me! I like that the sun sets later but losing an hour of sleep last night really hit me hard this morning. I woke up extremely late and got to work 15 minutes late. It was horrible.

But one things for sure, now that the sun will be up at like 5-ish in the morning, I'll be more of a morning person because I always got up early during the summer months, yet during the winter months I'd struggle to get out of bed even at 7 or 8 in the morning.

^^^^ Yep. I'm a morning person myself. usually waking up at about 4AM in the morning every day except on Saturdays for some reason. many times on Sundays I'm up early. I feel best in mind and spirit in the morning, well rested and ready to take on the world. 

The world should build daylight shifts into their schedule, not muck around with a clock. Anyone in the technical field should know how much trouble messing up a clock is. There needs to be a standard for time which doesn't involve shifting hands or adding leap second or leap days.

Technically, you shouldn't lose an hour of sleep, by waking up earlier, you should also go to sleep earlier if you follow the same routine.

That's good advice, however it will take time for a person's biological clock to adjust to the change. To add, there are people who unfortunately are sufferers of chronic insomnia, gotta keep that in mind. Well there's medication prescribed by a doctor for that but just saying.

lol... Last night was crazy... I got off of the express bus and was like wait a minute.... It's after 03:00 in the morning???!?? Then I realized that the friggin time went up by an hour once 02:00 hit... As Grand Concourse said, I prefer the hour bump up because it's really depressing waking up to the dark, seeing the sun in the morning and then going home in the dark...

I'm calling in sick today f**k that. I went out to some family gathering with kitten and now I'm hung over. Hurry! Any ideas as to what to tell my boss?

Technically, you shouldn't lose an hour of sleep, by waking up earlier, you should also go to sleep earlier if you follow the same routine.

Oh well. too late now....

Believe it or not I love waking up to a dark morning. Set's the stage for the day ahead. Then the evening's sunset is perfect to head home and relax.

lol... The problem is many of us don't get to see that evening sunset and only see any daylight in the morning when we're heading to work...

I rather wake up to a dark morning, and come home to the sunset. Going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark makes you feel like you have no life.

lol... Very true... If you notice, the Scandinavian countries that don't have sun for months at a time have high suicide rates too... It's not a coincidence.

lol... Very true... If you notice, the Scandinavian countries that don't have sun for months at a time have high suicide rates too... It's not a coincidence.

Shyt i dont blame them. Can you imagine no sun for months, its like wth are you trying to accomplish today.

Archived