Transit Memes

Quill Depot

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Story:

A bus got dispatched in Bratislava today and its articulated section broke, after it acquired damage on Friday. It's probably stupidity on the dispatcher's part (or the driver who neglected to report it), but I was put in mind of this. Overly Manly... Bus? (It's creepy)

bus_meme.jpg

And now, for the non-nightmare fuel...

45855985.jpg

45856264.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yup, I've heard all about how many people will stare at you like you are an alien for pointing a camera at a transit vehicle. I've never seen it myself, cause I'm oblivious as hell, but I can occasionally see it in someone's photo and there's no shortage of stories about it.

Sad. In reality, this hobby is no different than being a car/boat/bus/insert vehicle of choice here hobbyist.

Three times I was harassed by passengers because of this. Accusing me of violating their privacy when I am on the train, not filming, with the lens cap on or taming the camera. We have alot of paranoid people out here. Your life is not important and I dont know you so why do you think I even want to take a photo of your ugly ass?

One time some one actually called the cops on me. Thankfully the cops squashed it and made it clear that photography is legal and well f**k off because the commuter became irate. The thing is that I was on the opposite side of the platform. He sad that's illegal. I said it is not. He ensued I was a terrorist and called in the boys in blue. A**hole.

Won't comment on the R32 meme, lol

Three times I was harassed by passengers because of this. Accusing me of violating their privacy when I am on the train, not filming, with the lens cap on or taming the camera. We have alot of paranoid people out here. Your life is not important and I dont know you so why do you think I even want to take a photo of your ugly ass?

Sounds about right. I wouldn't go so far as to say that their life is not important overall, but I personally don't care about them. If you think about it it's actually kind of arrogant, like complete strangers have nothing better to do with their time but stalk and take pictures of random people! Ugly people anyway, don't need that! :P

Usually I'd have no issues with taping the ride on a train, but if I see a passenger who looks like they will punch me in the face for pointing a camera at them I back down. I missed out on filming my last R32 ride outside of potential museum trains, as well as photoing an oddly colored (7)<7> strip map (light blue instead of purple.) I hate to give up these shots and films, but I feel that the photos and videos acquired won't really help me if some arrogant douche decided to punch me in the face and I end up in the hospital! I've been fanning for a long time so I realize that if someone's pointing a camera in my direction they're not filming me specifically, but many people don't realize that.

Archived