Boy attacked by another on city bus, video

YankeesPwnMets

NEW YORK (WABC) -- There is disturbing video of a 13-year-old boy being beaten up by a 12-year-old.

It happened on board a city bus, and no one tried to stop it, not even the bus driver on Staten Island.

The victim's mother is outraged.

Just out of the blue, 13-year-old James Adrian was challenged to a fight, and then he was sucker punched.

He took a barrage of blows while a mob of kids cheered on the unprovoked attack.

"I turned my head, I got hit, and he just kept on hitting me, and it was posted on Facebook," said James Adrian, 8th grader.

It happened last Wednesday onboard the S78 that Adrian catches after school outside of IS 2 in Midland Beach, Staten Island.

At the beginning of the video, you can see the 13-year-old trying to negotiate his way out of the fight.

But it all happened so quickly, he never gets a chance to fight back.

Afterwards, feeling outnumbered, the clean cut 8th grader simply sat down.

"I got on the bus. And then he said I want to fight you and I was like, 'Why?'," Adrian said.

Adrian came home with a black eye.

Later that night, his mother found the video online.

'When he went to bed, I went on his account and went down the newsfeed and there it was. It said "respect" they're teaching him respect I guess," said Mary Ann Kelly, the student's mother.

In a written statement the MTA states it's policy is, "Whenever a bus operator observes or is informed of a crime in progress aboard their bus, they are instructed to proceed to the nearest bus stop and open all doors, and then contact the Bus Command Center."

"The driver didn't stop. The kid got off after he did what he did, and my son out of humiliation I guess," Kelly said.

The MTA is now looking into this after being contacted by Eyewitness News.

A little comforting for this single mom who also has a message for the mother of the 12-year-old throwing blows in the video.

"Teach your kids not to beat kids up. There's no reason for it. Be a mother," Kelly said.

The bus driver should be fired

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_york&id=9114143

Man, I feel for the dude. This is all too common for many students, especially middle school students, who try to be a part of the scene acting all bad and shit. Ironically most wouldn't dare f**k with anyone else who is older, bigger, or stronger then them, so unfortunately these wannabes usually prey on the younger, smaller, and weaker. What annoys me most about the situation is likely no legal action will be taken against the antagonist as he is a minor. More often than not situations like this are dismissed as "just f**king around". Surely others feel the same.

LOL... A fight broke out on an express bus one morning as we going over the Verrazano... The bus just kept going while two yentas were having their cat fight. Was a little scary at first but funny once I found out it was just two overweight yentas. 

Anywho, this is the norm on Staten Island local buses.  The B/O's just do whatever. They really need management to give a damn out there because this isn't the first time that a kid has been pummeled on a local bus and the B/O did nothing to try to alleviate the situation and it's one reason the parents wanted the kids to still be bused to school that were elegible for it via the cheese bus because the local buses on Staten Island are like mini zoos.

I know because the S54 aka the mini ghetto bus was full of those brats.  

While I understand why they said "not even the bus driver" did anything, at the same time, thats just asking for a whole new lawsuit. If he tried to do something, he would've either gotten hurt or if they found some video footage and he ended up doing something to the kids, that's either risking his job or a lawsuit. And we all know as of late, thats been the craze between people and the MTA.

What those buses need is better surveillance and those damn cameras are not enough. I've been preaching this for the longest time tat they should put some undercover cops or something, shit!!!!

I've seen shit happen on the S40 and S46 routes where the operator didnt get up and he told me that either one of two things would happen, those mentioned above. He just triggered the silent alarm and sat at the stop until cops came(which the response was pretty quick)

While I understand why they said "not even the bus driver" did anything, at the same time, thats just asking for a whole new lawsuit. If he tried to do something, he would've either gotten hurt or if they found some video footage and he ended up doing something to the kids, that's either risking his job or a lawsuit. And we all know as of late, thats been the craze between people and the MTA.

What those buses need is better surveillance and those damn cameras are not enough. I've been preaching this for the longest time tat they should put some undercover cops or something, shit!!!!

I've seen shit happen on the S40 and S46 routes where the operator didnt get up and he told me that either one of two things would happen, those mentioned above. He just triggered the silent alarm and sat at the stop until cops came(which the response was pretty quick)

Let me be clear in saying when I said that management needs to do more, the problem on Staten Island when these sorts of fights break out is that the B/O just keeps driving 9 times out of 10! Stop the bus when they feel it is safe to do so and at least give the kid a chance to try to escape instead of driving while the kid is being pummeled. I don't expect the B/O to get involved but they should be trying to create a safe environment where possible. I don't even think some of them radio in.  They just keep driving. Now that's f*cked up because having a brawl while the bus is in motion is not a good set up.

Maybe I was just lucky, but this sort of thing didn't seem to happen back in my day. Kids these days are animals. Too bad for the kid, hopefully the jackass who started the fight spends some time in summer school or something.

Oh don't get me started on this. This is what happens when mom and dad fail to discipline their children. You get this kind of thing as the end result and need we be reminded of Sandy Hook? Or dare I say Columbine?

Oh don't get me started on this. This is what happens when mom and dad fail to discipline their children. You get this kind of thing as the end result and need we be reminded of Sandy Hook? Or dare I say Columbine?

That generalization is a bit extreme, don't you think. Sure many students go through crap like this each day, but not everyone acts on it in such a brutal manner.

while on topic of bullying didn't some girl from what is supposedly called the worst enviorment in nyc kill herself cause of bullying and the school didn't do a damn thing?

if I remember correctly, the incident you are referring to was a case of cyber bullying (as stupid as that was) and that's why the school did not get involved.

But if this case is as clear cut as the media is making it out to be (kid "a" receives vicious unprovoked beating from kid "b" upon entering the bus, film of said beating is posted on the internet), than I have no problem with the proper authorities throwing the book at him. I don't care if he's only 12. I don't think a spanking from his parents (which I'm sure he gotten plenty of before this incident) is going to curb this type of behavior.

if I remember correctly, the incident you are referring to was a case of cyber bullying (as stupid as that was) and that's why the school did not get involved.

But if this case is as clear cut as the media is making it out to be (kid "a" receives vicious unprovoked beating from kid "b" upon entering the bus, film of said beating is posted on the internet), than I have no problem with the proper authorities throwing the book at him. I don't care if he's only 12. I don't think a spanking from his parents (which I'm sure he gotten plenty of before this incident) is going to curb this type of behavior.

Actually I'd beg to differ.  Back in the old days you'd get the belt if mom was involved or dad might give a good smack or something but child services protects these kids like no tomorrow, hence the current population of selfish, disrespectful kids running about.

I see this as a larger problem.....

Hypermasculinity & attention whoring at large.... Just one of many reasons I do not want to have a child, growing up in this era....

When I say that, I'm not just referring to raising a boy... I'm talking about raising a girl also - these young girls out here are also scrapping like dudes used to - back when most of us on here were growing up in the 70's, 80's, and the early part of the 90's in middle school & what not.... Now it's like survival of the fittest; random kids willing to fight anyone - and for what.... Hell, even bullies aren't willing to fight anyone for the f**k of it - they pick & choose the weakest of targets.....

I'll keep repeating this as much as I have to.... This is all due to the slut culture that has long continued to fester, and it's only gonna get worse..... I'm not solely referring to anything sexual either - People want to be seen & heard & it's looking more & more like MF-ers will do ANYTHING to get attention nowadays - even if it's by fighting in public & gaining an audience that way..... These fights on these buses & trains like this aren't by mere circumstance & coincidence.....

As rough was the 80's & 90's was, I do NOT remember growing up seeing dudes gettin into fights for the shear hell of it..... At all.... There was a (very) legitimate reason if someone wanted you to come see them "after school" to get f***ed up.... The girls, pfft, don't even ask.... Once in a blue moon did you see 2 girls fighting (funny part about that is, they'd make up by year-end anyway).... Now the girls are scrapping (MUCH) more than boys are, and are keeping grudges on "these bitches" like dudes did back then with their opponents......

It's role reversal; dudes didn't used to (want to) fight without a purpose back then.... and it sure as hell didn't happen for attention.... Yeah, I get it - no street fight is fair, so the kid got sucker punched..... But there's a big difference with a kid getting sucker punched who knows he got binness to handle with the other party, and a kid that wants no part of it because he doesn't know the other party from a can of paint... That part of it is sucker shit.... If you tried to negotiate your way out of a fight full knowing you were gettin into a fight, you were labeled a p***y, etc etc (and in some cases, still got your behind handed to you)....

Any man (young or old) on here should know exactly what I'm talkin about when I say all this & should be able to relate..... No boy inherently is gonna willingly try to negotiate his way out of a fight unless he doesn't know what he's fightin for in the first place - otherwise, there's ramifications for that....

On that particular note, I'll stop here.

I didn't check the link or see any video, because I wanted to comment on the larger problem I see from this first.....

Kids gettin black eyes for no damn reason..... Disgusting.

I don't really wanna delve into the MTA part of this because I'm not in any position to know what the rules/protocol are for the drivers..... What I will say is, I don't think it's so much the MTA attempting/attempted to sweep this under the rug, as suggested by "The MTA is now looking into this after being contacted by Eyewitness News.", as much as it is the driver passing w/e commotion he heard off as just *kids being kids* (not that that's right, just sayin) or whatever & continued to keep the bus moving.....

This is gonna come off cynical, but IDC.... Even had the driver followed whatever protocol put in place, I think what happened to this kid was gonna happen regardless... To the kid that did the sucker punching, what difference is it to him if the bus is moved or if the bus is stopped?

I didn't check the link or see any video, because I wanted to comment on the larger problem I see from this first.....

Kids gettin black eyes for no damn reason..... Disgusting.

I don't really wanna delve into the MTA part of this because I'm not in any position to know what the rules/protocol are for the drivers..... What I will say is, I don't think it's so much the MTA attempting/attempted to sweep this under the rug, as suggested by "The MTA is now looking into this after being contacted by Eyewitness News.", as much as it is the driver passing w/e commotion he heard off as just *kids being kids* (not that that's right, just sayin) or whatever & continued to keep the bus moving.....

This is gonna come off cynical, but IDC.... Even had the driver followed whatever protocol put in place, I think what happened to this kid was gonna happen regardless... To the kid that did the sucker punching, what difference is it to him if the bus is moved or if the bus is stopped?

I'd say the difference is that he had no escape route.  Maybe if the bus were stopped with the doors open he could've slipped out, but unfortunately, the B/O didn't give him much of a choice.

I see this as a larger problem.....

Hypermasculinity & attention whoring at large.... Just one of many reasons I do not want to have a child, growing up in this era....

When I say that, I'm not just referring to raising a boy... I'm talking about raising a girl also - these young girls out here are also scrapping like dudes used to - back when most of us on here were growing up in the 70's, 80's, and the early part of the 90's in middle school & what not.... Now it's like survival of the fittest; random kids willing to fight anyone - and for what.... Hell, even bullies aren't willing to fight anyone for the f**k of it - they pick & choose the weakest of targets.....

I'll keep repeating this as much as I have to.... This is all due to the slut culture that has long continued to fester, and it's only gonna get worse..... I'm not solely referring to anything sexual either - People want to be seen & heard & it's looking more & more like MF-ers will do ANYTHING to get attention nowadays - even if it's by fighting in public & gaining an audience that way..... These fights on these buses & trains like this aren't by mere circumstance & coincidence.....

As rough was the 80's & 90's was, I do NOT remember growing up seeing dudes gettin into fights for the shear hell of it..... At all.... There was a (very) legitimate reason if someone wanted you to come see them "after school" to get f***ed up.... The girls, pfft, don't even ask.... Once in a blue moon did you see 2 girls fighting (funny part about that is, they'd make up by year-end anyway).... Now the girls are scrapping (MUCH) more than boys are, and are keeping grudges on "these bitches" like dudes did back then with their opponents......

It's role reversal; dudes didn't used to (want to) fight without a purpose back then.... and it sure as hell didn't happen for attention.... Yeah, I get it - no street fight is fair, so the kid got sucker punched..... But there's a big difference with a kid getting sucker punched who knows he got binness to handle with the other party, and a kid that wants no part of it because he doesn't know the other party from a can of paint... That part of it is sucker shit.... If you tried to negotiate your way out of a fight full knowing you were gettin into a fight, you were labeled a p***y, etc etc (and in some cases, still got your behind handed to you)....

Any man (young or old) on here should know exactly what I'm talkin about when I say all this & should be able to relate..... No boy inherently is gonna willingly try to negotiate his way out of a fight unless he doesn't know what he's fightin for in the first place - otherwise, there's ramifications for that....

On that particular note, I'll stop here.

I'm with you on that. If I misbehaved when I came up in Catholic School, my teacher broke out the ruler and I got my knuckles hit. I never did anything bad after that

Children of today must be real special not to have the discipline we had back in the day.....

I'd say the difference is that he had no escape route.  Maybe if the bus were stopped with the doors open he could've slipped out, but unfortunately, the B/O didn't give him much of a choice.

Perhaps, but at the same token, I really don't think it would matter to someone that's as bold (f*** it, as stupid) to pick a fight with someone out of the blue like that.....

I'm with you on that. If I misbehaved when I came up in Catholic School, my teacher broke out the ruler and I got my knuckles hit. I never did anything bad after that

Children of today must be real special not to have the discipline we had back in the day.....

Yup, the ruler on the knuckles or the writing of "lines" like 50, 100+ times; i.e. "I will not misbehave in class & distract other students that want to learn" (usually some shit like that... sometimes longer).... One of the reasons I wanted to get the hell out of private school......

Lol.... Real special indeed - So much so that children nowadays got the excuse/threat of child abuse in their hip pocket.... This is a large reason why parents don't resort to beatings/spankings, etc. as forms of punishment anymore..... I'd also say that it's a reason you have these kids basically feeling like superman or wonderwoman, or otherwise thinking they can get away w/ murder (figuratively speaking.... but I wouldn't doubt literally w/ some kids either) w/o consequence from a relative..... Parents nowadays I'd say are way too buddy buddy with their children - the result of this is, said child seeing his/her own parents as PEERS - instead of authoritative figures.....

The thing is that he didn't even stop the bus or anything. (Which was standard protocol). Yeah, if he tried to break it up, he would probably get fired.

Unfortunately, the driver probably just brushed it off as kids just being kids. On a lot of trippers, kids are loud and obnoxious (and I have seen fights on trippers), so it's like a boy who cried wolf situation: You don't know when it's serious or when it's just regular roughousing, and if it's not, then you piss off everybody else on the bus who isn't involved (depending on how far up the line you are, you might have a lot of adults on board as well, but even if it's mostly schoolkids on board, the majority aren't doing anything). Of course, the B/O is within his rights to stop the bus whenever he feels it's necessary (I mean, even just the shouting and everything is distracting, and is a hazard), but most of the time, they just want to keep it moving and get to the end of the line quickly.

..... I'd also say that it's a reason you have these kids basically feeling like superman or wonderwoman, or otherwise thinking they can get away w/ murder (figuratively speaking.... but I wouldn't doubt literally w/ some kids either) w/o consequence from a relative..... Parents nowadays I'd say are way too buddy buddy with their children - the result of this is, said child seeing his/her own parents as PEERS - instead of authoritative figures.....

Did you see video footage on the news about the two teens in Georgia that held up a family at gunpoint for money (I think they were 15 or younger) and shot and killed the baby? They showed video of only the shooters back due to the fact he was a (ha ha) juvenile.

Getting away with murder? As recent events have proven, I'm afraid we're already there

Mommy and Daddy must be so proud....

Did you see video footage on the news about the two teens in Georgia that held up a family at gunpoint for money (I think they were 15 or younger) and shot and killed the baby? They showed video of only the shooters back due to the fact he was a (ha ha) juvenile.

Getting away with murder? As recent events have proven, I'm afraid we're already there

Yeah, well there you go.....

..... I'd also say that it's a reason you have these kids basically feeling like superman or wonderwoman, or otherwise thinking they can get away w/ murder (figuratively speaking.... but I wouldn't doubt literally w/ some kids either) w/o consequence from a relative..... Parents nowadays I'd say are way too buddy buddy with their children - the result of this is, said child seeing his/her own parents as PEERS - instead of authoritative figures.....

Anybody who shoots my baby will not only get killed but I will guarantee that they don't live to talk about it. Nobody who kills a baby with a gun should be allowed to live period.

Anybody who shoots my baby will not only get killed but I will guarantee that they don't live to talk about it. Nobody who kills a baby with a gun should be allowed to live period.

If they're killed they obviously won't live to talk about it, because they'd already be dead.

This is why people under 18 shouldn't have Facebook accounts. It's bad enough these damn 12 13 year olds act like they have bills to pay and kids to raise. Absolute immaturity.

They could always lie about their age.

Archived