B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when would you guys suggest getting the CDL permit and license by? trying to figure out a schedule...

Speaking personally, if you think you got 0-1 wrong (or entitled to credits which will put your score to a 98.33 -> 115++) (- realistically there shouldn't be too many with those over 100), you should get the CDL permit as soon as possible at your leisure/convenience, but my suggestion no later than the end of June. If you got two wrong you'll have additional time. 

If you have the time and are able to, pursue the CDL license through a driving school and aim for completion towards the end of July or end of August (you'll probably have more time if you got 2 or more wrong). You should be safe even if you fail your first CDL road test, but definitely don't rely on that. I would suggest, if you don't drive a car regularly get at least 10 lessons with a few close to the road test date. If you drive regularly play it by ear, but keep in mind your bad habits might affect how you perform.

Edited by 161passenger

Let me tell u!!.. I'm so pissed at red hook on the road!! Does anyone know of any other driving schools for the less fortunate

Well, I went to Ferrari Driving School (http://www.ferraridrivingschool.com/) for my CDL. They do have several packages available. If I was you, do some research. Depending on where you live, there are several driving schools out there for you to look into. If you live in Queens, like me, you can look into driving schools located in NYC and Nassau County. If you live in the Bronx, you could look into schools in Westchester.

Is there any residential , or veterans credit? Please let me know.

For exam 4600

There is no NYC Residency Credit for this exam.

For Veterans credit reach out the the Examinations Unit as soon as possible because you need to get this information to them before they establish the list. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been reading the topic for the last couple of days and, i find the information very helpful. I took the b/o exam 4600 and, i only got one answer wrong. This week i am going to get my CDL permit and the endorsements since i want to be ready when the MTA starts calling people. 

YES!!! Just took the tests and get the cdl permit in the mail in 2 weeks! Bow i just gotta wait for that call

If you can I would trying going for your cdl B as well so u won't have to worrie about the dmv road test if u qualify during training.

Wondering when we would recieve our final answer results. I really hope they start the processing for this exam at least by fall.

Greyhound is wearing me out on the extraboard. But working for greyhound is very good experience.

How can i change my profile pic? Someone help

Wondering when we would recieve our final answer results. I really hope they start the processing for this exam at least by fall.

Greyhound is wearing me out on the extraboard. But working for greyhound is very good experience.

How can i change my profile pic? Someone help

Hopefully soon! Unfortunately, I haven't seen much movement on the 2613 list. The only update I can provide is that one NYCTF member in the 2700's did a second drug test and no other members from 2800's and above have had any further movement. I would check out the last three pages of that thread as two former Greyhound operators have shared their experiences with us.

I am not going to make any predictions other than by the end of the year we should hear something.

To change your picture profile go to the top right and drop down the menu click, My Settings and you should see the Change Photo option.

Edited by 161passenger

3196 was the last hired

This list number 3,196 appears to be for the OA Exam 3101 according to Qboro14's post.

Per YoungNYCSubwayfan, for the May 2015 update, the last appointed for TA Exam 2613 was 2,684 out of the 3,617 total candidates. However all remaining candidates are no longer on outstanding certification (so in theory they are "looking" at those remaining candidates). We shall see if that number moved at all, but it remained the same since April.

Edited by 161passenger

Just received this in my email. WooHoo, we getting closer. Good Luck to all.

"From Exam Administration

This is the M T A calling to inform you that we are still processing the results for the Bus Operator, Exam No. 4 6 0 0. We expect the list for this exam to be established in approximately 9 months. We will send you a Notice of Result letter by mail once the list is established. If you have any questions please contact the Examination Information Center at (3 4 7) 6 4 3, 7 2 2 1 or 7 2 2 2."

Voice-mail and e-mail received too.

Realistically, that equates to March - April 2016. That is a very long time and like many longer than we would have anticipated.  :mellow:

In any event, I do appreciate the TA providing us with an update.

Regarding our friends in Exam 2613, I am guessing a lot of people are reinstating and that retirements/ general turnover is low. I am guessing this was largely unexpected on the TA's behalf due to the initial speed with the examinations.

For the folks who got one wrong, including myself, realistically August 2016 at the very earliest. 

For those of you who received permits: I would suggest pursuing your licences at your leisure. (I just passed my road test today! :) - though I may stay in the corporate world for now ) You can renew your permit once. Those who haven't received their permits have time.

Good Luck & Stay in Touch Everyone!!

Just received this in my email. WooHoo, we getting closer. Good Luck to all.

"From Exam Administration

This is the M T A calling to inform you that we are still processing the results for the Bus Operator, Exam No. 4 6 0 0. We expect the list for this exam to be established in approximately 9 months. We will send you a Notice of Result letter by mail once the list is established. If you have any questions please contact the Examination Information Center at (3 4 7) 6 4 3, 7 2 2 1 or 7 2 2 2."

thanks i just received the same call