Bronx DJ electrocutes himself, then hit by train trying to grab dropped iPhone

Dude, it was a terminal station! How you die on the tracks of a terminal station with no tail tracks!? It was a terminal station!!! If you wait for the train to leave, you significantly reduce your chances of gettting hit.

In my opinion, this makes the stations quite dangerous because a train can arrive soon after the previous train has left.

Did you read the story? He waited for the train to come. He went between cars to reach for his phone, touched the 3rd rail and died. No one saw anything. Then the train ran him over when the train was leaving the terminal. Nothing to do with trains arriving soon after another.

I wasn't speaking about this story but about the safety of going on the track in a terminal station without tail tracks.

I said this wasn't safer than an average station.

Those unauthorized should have ZERO worry about safety of going onto the tracks, regardless if it's a terminal station or not - Because they shouldn't be on the tracks in the first place.....

Your point about safety here holds no water.....

Where I did say the oposite? Obviously people shouldn't be in the track.

I was answering to m7zanr160s post who wrote that if you wait for the train to leave, you significantly reduce your chances of gettting hit in a terminal station without trail track.

I said that in this configuration of station a train can arrive as soon as a train left.

Where I did say the oposite? Obviously people shouldn't be in the track.

I was answering to m7zanr160s post who wrote that if you wait for the train to leave, you significantly reduce your chances of gettting hit in a terminal station without trail track.

I said that in this configuration of station a train can arrive as soon as a train left.

Yeah, obviously people shouldn't be on the track - Which makes your points irrelevant....

You (and him) is sittin up here talking about reducing chances of getting hit....

Before that, you bring up this bit about the safety of the stations....

As far as answering the other guy's post, well you should've made that more clear in that initial post....

Dude, it was a terminal station! How you die on the tracks of a terminal station with no tail tracks!? It was a terminal station!!! If you wait for the train to leave, you significantly reduce your chances of gettting hit.

I don't see what difference it being a terminal station makes though....

Stupid is as stupid does - He deserved what he got for what he did...

I see wot you did there.

We really need screen doors; all these 12-9 prevention methods are not working at all...

Agreed. Unfortunately available funds and budget constraints is the issue sad as it is.

I've got a better idea. Instead of spending millions of dollars to fit screen doors maybe people should be less stupid and gain some common sense so they won't run onto train tracks where they would either be electrocuted or killed by a train.

P.S. I guess people don't pay enough attention to the Old West movies anymore. If you get what I mean.

There's no cure for stupid. If there was one I'm sure it would cost way more than a capitol construction project to install platform doors.

Betcha he might have been even intoxicated on something (most likely weed) if the straphanger was foolish enough to go through such an ardious routine as this (wait for the train, go between the cars to retrieve the phone and end up electrocuted and mauled to death under the departing train). Because this just lacks natural humanistic common sense to the point it's surreal.

Kids, don't do drugs. Or you will end up like this dude: 6 feet under, dead, over an iPhone.

I was there when the incident happened.  I was finishing work and after I finished doing paperwork for overtime, I had gone to the bathroom and when I came back, I saw my T/O, who I thought was on the (2) to Brooklyn, standing by the door of the crew room and I saw the other transit workers there too and they told me there was a dead body on the tracks.  I was stunned and I saw this black lump on the tracks by the staircase.  After a few minutes, I made up my mind that I had to go home and I knew I was going to have a good look at the body by doing this.  When I got to the stairs, I got a much better view of it and it was horrible.  His body was twisted like a pretzel and blood was coming from his head and wrist.  It was extremely sad.  I was in the military for almost 10 years and I never saw a dead body, even in Iraq, but I've been with Transit for nearly 2 years and there it was right there in my face.  I was then told by a cleaner about how it happened and I was floored.  No cell phone in the world is worth me losing my life over.  It was an idiotic move, one that has cost him his life.  I went home and I got teary eyed thinking about it cause that was someone's son, sibling and maybe father.  As ridiculous as that was, I feel sad and sympathy for his family and I wish he didn't do what he did.  I hope I never have to see another dead body on the tracks again.  Sigh.....

I was there when the incident happened.  I was finishing work and after I finished doing paperwork for overtime, I had gone to the bathroom and when I came back, I saw my T/O, who I thought was on the (2) to Brooklyn, standing by the door of the crew room and I saw the other transit workers there too and they told me there was a dead body on the tracks.  I was stunned and I saw this black lump on the tracks by the staircase.  After a few minutes, I made up my mind that I had to go home and I knew I was going to have a good look at the body by doing this.  When I got to the stairs, I got a much better view of it and it was horrible.  His body was twisted like a pretzel and blood was coming from his head and wrist.  It was extremely sad.  I was in the military for almost 10 years and I never saw a dead body, even in Iraq, but I've been with Transit for nearly 2 years and there it was right there in my face.  I was then told by a cleaner about how it happened and I was floored.  No cell phone in the world is worth me losing my life over.  It was an idiotic move, one that has cost him his life.  I went home and I got teary eyed thinking about it cause that was someone's son, sibling and maybe father.  As ridiculous as that was, I feel sad and sympathy for his family and I wish he didn't do what he did.  I hope I never have to see another dead body on the tracks again.  Sigh.....

I've seen alot of death with patients inflicted with horrific injuries or diseases in the ER as a nursing intern before my career change into the IT field. But nothing like this.......

Archived