General Camera/Photography Discussion

Who makes the camera that you shoot transit with?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who makes the camera that you shoot transit with?

Image noise doesn't solely depend on either resolution or sensor size, but if for a second we imagine that those are the only two variables that we're looking at, it would be wiser for us to say that pixel density plays an important role.

Higher pixel density = poorer performance at all ISOs = decreased dynamic range.

Lower pixel density = better performance at all ISOs = increased dynamic range.

Dynamic range is the full range of tonal values that a sensor can capture. As ISO is increased on a digital sensor, dynamic range decreases.

oh I never knew that

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
You got the same camera I have, plus you went through so much cameras in less than a year, that is the big deal!

The reason I bought an Sony H20 because of these following reasons

1. I wanted one with HD Video plus at least more than 5x zoom

2. I Wanted a camera that zooms in during video recording and good photos

You got the same camera I have, plus you went through so much cameras in less than a year, that is the big deal!

LOL the kid really needs to stick with a camera...IDK who's giving him the money for 'em but he sure is wasting it. No offense to DTC but...yeah, stick with one and call it a day.

I'm still going to used my Sony W220 but only for street photos and outdoor photos

Quick question: what do you do with ALL the other cameras you've bough in the past several months?

There were so many reasons as to why I told you to do some research, there are a LOT of cameras that has HD video and zoom over 5x zoom. Obviously you havent looked around carefully or as much, or not even at all.

1. The Nikon I accidently left at my grandmother's house (Had that camera since 2009 of February

2. My Sony W220 I'm saving for non train shots

If I were you I'd save up for a DSLR...I'm currently in the process of doing exactly that and I should have it by the end of the summertime.

I thought you learned your lesson with biting off other people, how many cameras can you get in one year? Everyone's going to have a Sony H20 if this continues, you should learn how to use your equipment before upgrading because the camera doesn't better your photos, you better your photos!

1. The Nikon I accidently left at my grandmother's house (Had that camera since 2009 of February

2. My Sony W220 I'm saving for non train shots

So why couldnt you just get the camera back from your grandma's house....?

You should have just stuck with the W220, the only reasons your pictures dont look that good at times is because you

(A). Dont even clean your lens

(:P. Never have the proper settings

(C). You will NOT get decent moving train shots underground with any camera unless its a (D)(S)(L)(R)

I thought you learned your lesson with biting off other people, how many cameras can you get in one year? Everyone's going to have a Sony H20 if this continues, you should learn how to use your equipment before upgrading because the camera doesn't better your photos, you better your photos!

Agreed!

Well said!

Just because you see someone with a certain model camera taking great photos doesn't mean that you are going to get great photos as well.

Exactly! Before I upgraded to a real camera I was using my cell phone for shots...however I did with what I had and called it a day.

My camera, however, is unique:

samsung-tl220-tl225-front-mounted-lcd-screen-cameras-3.jpg

Kid, you may have a new camera and all but you really have to learn about using these things. When you find out your pictures aren't coming out as good as everyone else's or something you'll realize it isn't your camera that's giving you issues.

A little example.

IMG00125.jpg This is the camera I'm using currently. Bought in 2005. Let's see...

041310010.jpg This is a picture I took a week ago with said camera. All it takes is a little bit of adjusting and learning to use it.

Now for videos I use

010410002.jpg It might not be full HD but hey 480p gets the job done and at 30 FPS this thing gets great video and sound. Just got it last year!

41x optical zoom and everything! All for a low price! What more could you ask for! Be a leader! Not a follower!

Guys we shouldn't be poking him cuz he got a new cam. So what? Its his money, he can do what ever he want. I dont care what he gets. It doesn't affect me. Like many people i know got the Kodak Z1485 IS cam i got and i even suggest them it too.

kodak-easyshot-z1485-is-2.jpg

Ya should stopping being pokey for this crap. Just MOVE on... Who cares!

Hey im planning on getting a DSLR or DSLR based camera this summer/Fall time so what? Even tho i got my Kodak in September of 2009.. I wanna get something better!

Of course Daniel you also need to take care of your camera and not get it dirty and stuff. Keep it clean and maintain it. And play with it to get Better shots, its not about getting a camera similar to someone. You gotta play with it in a good way. And do other stuff with the cam instead of including CPW in every shots you take, Becuz every photo topic i see such as an IRT topic, you include the CPW in it.. Which is getting REAL old bro..

Edited by mark1447