General Camera/Photography Discussion

Who makes the camera that you shoot transit with?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who makes the camera that you shoot transit with?

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Want to switch to a DSLR in the near future. Which one is better for low light, moving train photos. I have leaned personally toward Canon because of my S5 IS, but Nikon seems to be good too. What do you think?

Canon.

Or....PENTAX! :P

Here's a tip (and I was talking about this with someone yesterday looking to go DSLR):

try putting a few cameras in your hands (you can do that at J&R and maybe shoot off one or two shots). Take note of the ones that didn't feel right, was too heavy for your liking, and whichever cameras that felt good in your hands.

Before I made the decision to get the Nikon D5000, I did just that. I had put a few Canons in my hands, wasn't feeling any of them. Tried two Sonys, something didn't feel right. Then a Panasonic, and the GH1 was the model, had an alright feel but didn't trust it too well. Then for the Nikons, try a D60, D90, D3000, and a D5000. The D60 and D3000 were great, but after putting my hands on a D90 and D5000, and I need something in the weight compartment of the D5000. The D5000 felt great in my hands, was liking the picture quality and the price was what I was looking for.

So like someone else said, get something to your liking.

• 3 weeks later...
Here's a tip (and I was talking about this with someone yesterday looking to go DSLR):

try putting a few cameras in your hands (you can do that at J&R and maybe shoot off one or two shots). Take note of the ones that didn't feel right, was too heavy for your liking, and whichever cameras that felt good in your hands.

Before I made the decision to get the Nikon D5000, I did just that. I had put a few Canons in my hands, wasn't feeling any of them. Tried two Sonys, something didn't feel right. Then a Panasonic, and the GH1 was the model, had an alright feel but didn't trust it too well. Then for the Nikons, try a D60, D90, D3000, and a D5000. The D60 and D3000 were great, but after putting my hands on a D90 and D5000, and I need something in the weight compartment of the D5000. The D5000 felt great in my hands, was liking the picture quality and the price was what I was looking for.

So like someone else said, get something to your liking.

that's a great tip Pablo. I'm planning on getting a DSLR Soon. I'm going to test out the Sony and the Nikon DSLR's this time before making my decision.