C riders Happy with New equipment

VIP

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forgot where I read as to why the CR doesnt use the R160 C/R board, but I understand why. The Door position on the R32 doesnt Line up with the R160 C/R board... Its off by 2-3ft. The doors line up better on the R42 C/R boards. And a few (C) riders are starting to realize that those R160's they have are from the (J). And i observed (J) riders enjoying the long benches and 8 poles per car.

I still think the R32'S should operate on the B line....No wkend service and it has an decent outdoor portion...

agreed, and its part time, but there isnt enough cars for the (B) the R32s on the (J) was the best Idea in ages

Of course, you're assuming Coney Island will take on another fleet of cars along with the 68s and 160s.

but isnt that what ENY yard is doing? They have R42 32 143 and R160's in there yard. I dont see why CI wouldnt take on another fleet, especially a fleet it used to maintain before

Guest Lance

The 42s are at ENY to make service. Besides the 32s and 160-A1s, there are no other cars that can run on the J. The 143s are L-line exclusive and are similar enough to the 160s that it's not much of a difference.

@LTA: Just because CIYD can take care of them, it doesn't mean Transit is willing to spend money so the 32s can run on the B. The 32s have been doing relatively fine on the C out of 207th Street for quite some time. Summers notwithstanding of course. Why mess with it?

I should have been reading this thread.....on Thursday I was running to catch my home bound 'E' at 42nd Street, and didn't realize until moving that I was on a 'C' instead.   I was able to jump off at 50th Street and go downstairs to catch my 'E'.

So for purely selfish reasons, I would like to see the 160's leave the 'C' and be all 32's again, so in my haste, I don't have to see the sign, just the carbody when running down the mezzanine.... :)

I should have been reading this thread.....on Thursday I was running to catch my home bound 'E' at 42nd Street, and didn't realize until moving that I was on a 'C' instead.   I was able to jump off at 50th Street and go downstairs to catch my 'E'.

So for purely selfish reasons, I would like to see the 160's leave the 'C' and be all 32's again, so in my haste, I don't have to see the sign, just the carbody when running down the mezzanine.... :)

That, sir, just made my day. Really, that's your argument for R32's to return to the (C)? Faith in humanity: slowly losing it.

Yeah if anything I wonder: how did QBL riders deal with the occasional R32 on the F when the E was all R32s? Those flip dots are pretty hard to see from a distance. And the C and E both ran R32s in the past, so if a person doesn't read or listen to what train they are on, then that is their own fault.

Yeah if anything I wonder: how did QBL riders deal with the occasional R32 on the F when the E was all R32s? Those flip dots are pretty hard to see from a distance. And the C and E both ran R32s in the past, so if a person doesn't read or listen to what train they are on, then that is their own fault.

I wonder how riders dealt with trains that didn't have PA systems at all. Sometimes those things don't work and sometimes they do.

People should read the rollsigns. It was always like a treat to get the R32 (F) or R40/R42 (F) because it was dominated by R46's. R32's showed up more then the R40/R42's.

Each R32 train has rollsigns with colored bullets on each side of each car.

True, I think one time, the R46 A train car I was in, the pa didn't work at all. I hope no one was expecting Lefferts as my train was heading toward the Rockaways. (before sandy hit).

And the side signs weren't working either?

Now you should know by now that NYers and ESPECIALLY Tourists don't know how to read.

Tourists are a lot more likely to read a sign than to memorize the car assignments. No tourist is going to mistake an R160 C train for an E train based on the car class!

Each R32 train has rollsigns with colored bullets on each side of each car.

And the side signs weren't working either?

Tourists are a lot more likely to read a sign than to memorize the car assignments. No tourist is going to mistake an R160 C train for an E train based on the car class!

There are people that just gets on the train that assumes it is 'this line' instead of checking first. That's my point. I check the signs, but I still see people getting on without looking. It's the same with the B41 to Bergen, everyone is always asking to get off on av P when the b/o says the bus is not going to Kings Plaza.

For tourists, that is probably true since they don't assume or associate train types to a specific line. So for them it isn't ingrained or becomes a habit.

Archived