Q10 Question

limitednyc

The Q10 a fully articulated line... doubt it.

The question I have is.... do they run artics on the Q10 during off peak hours?

Off-peak, yes. I don't know if they're run on weekends; I have seen them lined up on Sutphin Boulevard in the past across the street from JFK.

Keep in mind those D60HF are not "spring chickens"... JFK is right to run them primarily during the Rush Hours... 

I agree even once the new Artics arrive the Q10 needing to be a full time Artic route is questionable. The Q6 yes, the Q111/Q113 yes, even the Q53 makes a better case for full time Artic. 

We already thoroughly disassembled the pointlessness of such a route in the Queens Bus Proposals thread. There's no reason to bring it back here.

I'm referring to the current Q66, not the proposal to send it to Little Neck.

Keep in mind those D60HF are not "spring chickens"... JFK is right to run them primarily during the Rush Hours...

I agree even once the new Artics arrive the Q10 needing to be a full time Artic route is questionable. The Q6 yes, the Q111/Q113 yes, even the Q53 makes a better case for full time Artic.

That new Q70 could also use them... not only because of the crowds but to keep the hybrids off the highway and avoiding a fire like we've seen before when LGA hybrids have gone out for service on LI, only there'd be passengers on board

That new Q70 could also use them... not only because of the crowds but to keep the hybrids off the highway and avoiding a fire like we've seen before when LGA hybrids have gone out for service on LI, only there'd be passengers on board

I think it'll be using the service roads for some part of the line as well.

I dont know why everyone is so worried about the route using the highway especially when its using the highway.....there is always A LOT of traffic on the BQE and Grand Central! And the stint on the highway doesn't seem to be any longer than 7-10 minutes. They'll most likely be running the NGs with the luggage racks on the line.

With that logic, the current Q10 shouldnt be using the Van Wyck/JFK Access roads with the hybrids!

Archived