Do you think there will be 8 line in the future.

Kexpress

Here is the information about the 8 line http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8_(New_York_City_Subway_service) Do anybody have a suggestion for the 8 line?

It was used on the 3rd ave elevated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRT_Third_Avenue_Line

They should rebuild some of the elevated lines, including that one.

- Andy

Also check out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRT_White_Plains_Road_Line

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRT_Second_Avenue_Line

:D

- Andy

AND!

http://www.archive.org/details/ThirdAve1950

- Andy

It was used on the 3rd ave elevated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRT_Third_Avenue_Line

They should rebuild some of the elevated lines, including that one.

- Andy

I know that already that the 8 line used the Thrid Ave El. Well if you think they should rebuilt the elevated lines the next time it should be a underground subway.

check out these videos of Thrid Ave El

I heard Now the 8 is a proposed redesignation of the <6> express.

for me, (11) sounds more likely than (8)

as for the 3rd ave el... i wood extend the SAS (WHEN IT GETS DONE) into the bronx, then on a concrete el above 3rd ave

Supposedly there's a provision for that...

The 8 Should replace the <6> in The Bronx because diamond or not it's confusing as hell.

8 and 6 are similar digits... it might actually make it harder, because now people are seeing a circle instead of a diamond. They won't be able to tell until the train gets close, even with the LEDs. I say keep the <6>.

Since SAS will be built to B Div standards, IF the third Ave El is rebuilt as either El or Subway it will probably be the (T) or (Q) or both, or perhaps an entirely unused letter.

Bronx Bound (Y) Local, stand Clear!:D

As for the (8), like stated, redesignate the <6> as the (8).

I don't think the (8) redesignation <6> express service.

The MTA made a wrong choice of that. The MTA should save the (8) for skip stop service with the (4) or for something else. Well somebody told me there might me skip stop service on the Lexington Avenue Line and I guess it might be (8) line a new route to skip stop service with ethier (4)/<4>,(5)/<5>,(6)/<6>. So now there is two proposel what (8) should do when it's a new route.

The MTA did add extra rollsigns on the R62/R62A

Tge the extra rollsign route are (8),(9),(10),(11),(12),(13),and (14).

The MTA might plan to redesignation the routes

(8)=<6>

(10)=<5>

(11)=<7>

(12) To new Lots Ave

(13) To Flatbush Ave.

other routes are unplanned and unused and these routes are (9), and (14).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

An (8) designation would definitely not be a new line. All the numbers go to the lines designed by the IRT. New lines constructed would probably go under the dimensions of the IN/Division B.

I don't think the <6> should be renamed the (8). It just doesn't run often enough to warrant a whole new number and sign. And then if you're going to do that, someone's going to have to renumber the <7>. And then we have epic confusion.

The (8) did exist...so I guess if the Third Avenue El was resurrected, it would probably be the (8).

In my opinion, on the R142A LED, the 6's already look like 8's....

An (8) designation would definitely not be a new line. All the numbers go to the lines designed by the IRT. New lines constructed would probably go under the dimensions of the IN/Division B.

I don't think the <6> should be renamed the (8). It just doesn't run often enough to warrant a whole new number and sign. And then if you're going to do that, someone's going to have to renumber the <7>. And then we have epic confusion.

The (8) did exist...so I guess if the Third Avenue El was resurrected, it would probably be the (8).

In my opinion, on the R142A LED, the 6's already look like 8's....

I heard that the MTA will is redesignations of certain lines like these

(8)= <6> express

(10)= <5> through express

(11)= <7> express

(12)= #2 run between New Lots and Dyre Ave

(13)= #3 run between Flatbush and 137 Street

(14)= #4 run between Flatbush and Woodlawn and run express on the Woodlawn line

(15)= #5 run between New lots Ave and Dyre Ave

The MTA has planned to put these train routes because the R62/R62A has extra number signs. The (9) was used on skip stop with (1) between 1989 til 2005 on the Broadway-7th Avenue line.

With the new "rollsigns" that the R142 and R160 cars have, dual-digit designations will be difficult to distinguish at the distances that current ones are. Hopefully, by the time these designations are used, there will be newer rollsigns. (Perhaps displaying colors other than red)

I heard that the MTA will is redesignations of certain lines like these

(8)= <6> express

(10)= <5> through express

(11)= <7> express

(12)= #2 run between New Lots and Dyre Ave

(13)= #3 run between Flatbush and 137 Street

(14)= #4 run between Flatbush and Woodlawn and run express on the Woodlawn line

(15)= #5 run between New lots Ave and Dyre Ave

The MTA has planned to put these train routes because the R62/R62A has extra number signs. The (9) was used on skip stop with (1) between 1989 til 2005 on the Broadway-7th Avenue line.

The current program options on the R142 cars run fron S-9, omitting the 8. If people are confused with the constant interchanging of cars on the (2) and(5) lines because of the strip maps imagine the chaos if all of the other numbers were used. The (9) was dropped partially because of confusion about stops in the Bronx.

So why are you so sick of the Q44 bus route?
Off schedule, packed, ran by Casey Stengal, never get a Hybrid on it, I usually get a slow driver on that route...Need I say more? We need atleast one train route from the Bronx to Queens, this is annoying.

Id Rather Them build the (T) as a subway from Hanover Square to around 102nd Street and become an elevated. It saves alot of money and if they extend it to the Bronx, it will take the turn easier. It wont have to go thru somones basement just to turn.

Id Rather Them build the (T) as a subway from Hanover Square to around 102nd Street and become an elevated. It saves alot of money and if they extend it to the Bronx, it will take the turn easier. It wont have to go thru somones basement just to turn.

Some of the tunnel sections are already dug from the last time the project began, this includes the tunnel from 110 to about 120th, so that section will most definitely be subway

Some of the tunnel sections are already dug from the last time the project began, this includes the tunnel from 110 to about 120th, so that section will most definitely be subway

Agreed.

In addition, the current project calls for provisions for a future Bronx service, which means tunnelling under the Harlem River to access the Bronx.

I thought you would be creative as to creating a new independent thread for this. I'm afraid you should reply to my replies on the other thread. They're waiting for you ANXIOUSLY.

Actually i've been wanting to talk about this in this thread and not hijack that thread further... :D

- A

Archived