Yours for only $60 on eBay offer — MTA subway poster covered in REAL graffiti!

Harry

post-5097-0-67855600-1378471662_thumb.jpg
An eBay seller is hawking a tagged-up MTA poster for a whopping $59.99. The 11-by-17-inch piece of cardboard posted last spring details Hurricane Sandy recovery work along the A train line and Rockaway shuttle. “This was found in Far Rockaway station with authentic graffiti on it and will come shipped rolled up in cardboard tube with current NYC subway map,” boasts the eBay huckster, who goes by “mtanyc.” “The GRAFFITI is hand-painted by local Queens and Brooklyn artists,” the post says, referring to sloppy tags like “I.R.T” and “B.M.T.” scrawled on the sign in colored marker. “This is as real as it gets.”

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-67855600-1378471662_thumb.jpg

That listing for the graffiti poster is gone, but this guy has a lot of other (MTA) stuff up for sale:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/mtanyc/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Including this bus stop sign (from before Guide-a-Ride) for $150:

$(KGrHqN,!rUFH4Gm0F+sBSBknVeMqw~~60_57.J

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-NEW-YORK-CITY-MTA-NYC-BUS-STOP-SIGN-LARGE-ALUMINUM-QM24-QM-25-SUBWAY-NY-/121157306128?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c3589c710

Ooooh a QM24 stop.

I would honored to have it, lol, but it costs too damn much.

It seems like people would do anything for cash these days... You're taking a poster with graffiti on it (that's if he didn't put his own scribble on it) and putting it on Ebay? What's next, taking one of those papers on street poles with graffiti on it and selling it on Ebay? 

I already have one of those "We're almost back" posters, which is in near perfect condition. I got it almost a week after it expired (Take-down date). 

It seems like people would do anything for cash these days... You're taking a poster with graffiti on it (that's if he didn't put his own scribble on it) and putting it on Ebay? What's next, taking one of those papers on street poles with graffiti on it and selling it on Ebay? 

I already have one of those "We're almost back" posters, which is in near perfect condition. I got it almost a week after it expired (Take-down date). 

Might as well make some cash off of it.

I have the same paper without graffiti and I would sell it for much less if I wanted to sell it but I don't.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

But why lose the opportunity to make cash off of those willing to pay?

That would be most foolish.

We can all make jokes however there ijs a big market over seas for anything subway related.

I've a friends who started in the 80's doing T, shirts and the backs of Lee Jackets. He was a big time graffiti artist tagging trains and also a subway buff (rail fan).

He now owns a string of Tattoo shops and I've heard he owns 2 Red Birds bought from the MTA.

He has customers and friends bring him Subway maps that he does a small piece on and are sold from $75 and up.

Look up "seen (artist)" on Wikipedia.

Archived