MTA Bus and car collide in Crown Heights

trainspot12

NEW YORK (WABC) -- An MTA bus and a car collided Monday afternoon on Albany Avenue and Herkimer Street in Crown Heights, Brooklyn.

At least 38 people were on the B15 bus at the time of the accident.

Nine people have been seriously injured in the crash, nine on the bus and two in the car.

None of the injuries are described as life-threatening.

The bus is 2005 Orion VII Hybrid #6583 on the B15.

Read more at: http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_york&id=9241887

Update: 38 people are injured with several seriously at this point. 1 good thing is that Interfaith is about a block and a half away, so hopefully everyone will be okay.

Where was the bus hit? And how fast were they going? Because for 38 - 41 people to be injured during a bus collision with a CAR, the car had to have t-boned the bus doing at least 30mph. If it was a front or rear collision, at least 85% of those that were "injured" are full of shit.

From what has been released by the media it looks like the impact itself was brutal. Such a high injury rate as a result of the impact isn't at all surprising.

My condolences go out to the injured and their families. With any luck recovery will be easy for the majority of victims.

Crazy thing is that i saw that bus earlier today on the 15 when i left my house

NEW YORK (WABC) -- An MTA bus and a car collided Monday afternoon on Albany Avenue and Herkimer Street in Crown Heights, Brooklyn.

At least 38 people were on the B15 bus at the time of the accident.

Nine people have been seriously injured in the crash, nine on the bus and two in the car.

None of the injuries are described as life-threatening.

The bus is 2005 Orion VII Hybrid #6583 on the B15.

Read more at: http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_york&id=9241887

Update: 38 people are injured with several seriously at this point. 1 good thing is that Interfaith is about a block and a half away, so hopefully everyone will be okay.

That hospital ain't no good

Oh boy. That's terrible. Some of the injuries could have potentially come from the B/O stopping short to avoid the accident, though I can't tell if that happened here or not. I've been on a few buses where people went flying when the B/O was forced to stop very short for whatever reasons. 

Just want to point out that Herkimer Street and Albany Avenue IS NOT Crown Heights. It's Bed-Stuy. Historically Atlantic Avenue is the border between the Heights and Bed-Stuy. I do hope everyone comes out of this okay.

@ Fresh Pond -I see your comment about Interfaith and had to laugh. When I was born there it was called St. John's and it was considered one of the better ones back then.

28,000 pounds of steel and such. The bus always wins.

28,000lbs? Try 41,000lbs...like someone else pointed out earlier, if people really got hurt during that collision, it was due to the abrupt braking from the driver trying to avoid hitting y

the car

28,000lbs? Try 41,000lbs...like someone else pointed out earlier, if people really got hurt during that collision, it was due to the abrupt braking from the driver trying to avoid hitting y

the car

Not to doubt you, but if anything it was the front impact that halted the bus rather than the brakes.

Archived