R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May 13, 2013 WAS the target date in October 2012. And as you should all be well aware, there were a number of unforeseen circumstances which happened to our subway system between October and May......

All things considered, I'd take a guess toward the end of the year before revenue testing would commence.

Did you really just take time out of your day to quote and comment on something from OCTOBER 2012 that has obviously changed since then? 

I get the distinct feeling that I spend a lot less time on this site than many other posters.

As I said back then, May 13, 2013 was a target date. You disputed that, and insisted that there'd be enough time after May 13 for testing.

May 13, 2013 WAS the target date in October 2012. And as you should all be well aware, there were a number of unforeseen circumstances which happened to our subway system between October and May......

Bingo.

I get the distinct feeling that I spend a lot less time on this site than many other posters.

As I said back then, May 13, 2013 was a target date. You disputed that, and insisted that there'd be enough time after May 13 for testing.

Bingo.

This must mean a lot to you for you to keep going.

Edited by LTA1992

This must mean a lot to you for you to keep going.

That must mean a lot for you to first post "Key word. AFTER." - and then edit it out once you realized that you were making my very point.

The date was never set in stone. Any large-scale project is scheduled, with target dates assigned to milestones based on assumptions of how quickly the previous steps progress. Nobody seriously expects each milestone to precisely meet its target date, since there's usually a lot of uncertainty in the timing of some of the previous steps.

The start of revenue testing is one milestone. Its target date (as of October 2012) was not met because the steps leading up to revenue testing have been taking longer than anticipated.

I know this is for 188's, but i haven't seen them yet, do they have the FIND system in them and will it be exactly the same as in the 160's?  I like the sleek look of the FIND system! How secure is its mounting? How is it attached between the ceiling and the wall of the inside of the R160 cars? Is it suspended from the ceiling, mounted on the wall, or might it be actually mounted right in the juncture of the ceiling and sidewall? Does anybody know where i could see a schematic?

I know this is for 188's, but i haven't seen them yet, do they have the FIND system in them and will it be exactly the same as in the 160's?  I like the sleek look of the FIND system! How secure is its mounting? How is it attached between the ceiling and the wall of the inside of the R160 cars? Is it suspended from the ceiling, mounted on the wall, or might it be actually mounted right in the juncture of the ceiling and sidewall? Does anybody know where i could see a schematic?

Some R188s are being transported to Corona... they are very similar to R142s; they have strip maps.

Some R188s are being transported to Corona... they are very similar to R142s; they have strip maps.

Thanks for that!  So, do you happen to know about the 2nd part of my question, by chance? Or if not, where i could find out, or what thread?

According to a friend of mine who works out of Corona Yard, 7211-7215 went to CIY to be coupled with 7822-7826 for burn-in testing on the Culver Line. You won't see the R188's at Corona Yard yet (he will inform me once the first set arrives)