Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw an R32 (A) earlier, id say around 8:00-8:15 PM, passing 135 on the express track going uptown. It was 10 cars, Im pretty sure, also the (C) wasn't late at all since there was another (C) ahead of it and another (C) had come in 135 just after the R32 (A) had passed.

Those R42's might go, but not all of them. 207 should have at least 180 cars (thats if they only use 140 for the (C)). Now I have a question, If they have 82 extra cars, why not make the (C) full length? The (C) really does get packed when its only 8.

I saw an R32 (A) earlier, id say around 8:00-8:15 PM, passing 135 on the express track going uptown. It was 10 cars, Im pretty sure, also the (C) wasn't late at all since there was another (C) ahead of it and another (C) had come in 135 just after the R32 (A) had passed.

Those R42's might go, but not all of them. 207 should have at least 180 cars (thats if they only use 140 for the (C)). Now I have a question, If they have 82 extra cars, why not make the (C) full length? The (C) really does get packed when its only 8.

If there was an R32 on the (A), then thats because the R46's are doing very bad, i saw one at 207th st, it ran like complete crap, thats the only reason why they would be on (A) if an R46 is acting up and if they don't any have spares

Edited by R32 3838

The only reason why the R32s on the (C) and R46s on the (A) have the most poorest breakdown rates is because of pretty obvious reasons as we all know...

R32s are the oldest but regardless they are still workhorses and perhaps tired iron ladies having to stay around too long. As for the R46s, the (A) is the longest subway line in the system, it runs 24/7, and one of the most heavily used as Threxx explain in this post.

I was naive when I didn't realize it until Threxx pointed all that out...

Edited by RollOverMyHead

Earlier I was on the (L) line, when I was on the train at Livonia there was an R42 passing on the other side coming from Canarsie, wonder what it was doing there.

Also I was on the (J) going by 121, those R42's sitting there really does make it look like the MTA is running retired trains, they are in really bad condition. Its obvious that the MTA wants to get rid of them, they stored them outside during the hurricane instead of underground protected, and they sent them out to the rockaways to get more rusted when on the (A). They aren't staying long.

Earlier I was on the (L) line, when I was on the train at Livonia there was an R42 passing on the other side coming from Canarsie, wonder what it was doing there.

Also I was on the (J) going by 121, those R42's sitting there really does make it look like the MTA is running retired trains, they are in really bad condition. Its obvious that the MTA wants to get rid of them, they stored them outside during the hurricane instead of underground protected, and they sent them out to the rockaways to get more rusted when on the (A). They aren't staying long.

It probably went to get washed. The only car wash for the BMT East is at Canarsie yard

LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS ARE GONNA GO NUTS:

Saw an R42 signed up as (C) deadheading downtown at 59th st CC when i was on an (A) train heading uptown, looks like pitkin is getting a set of R42's again as 20-30 R32's go to the Rockaways (via being shipped on a flatbed) i went to ENY to check if it went back there i didn't see the R42 so its at pit kin yard right now

LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS ARE GONNA GO NUTS:

Saw an R42 signed up as (C) deadheading downtown at 59th st CC when i was on an (A) train heading uptown, looks like pitkin is getting a set of R42's again as 20-30 R32's go to the Rockaways (via being shipped on a flatbed) i went to ENY to check if it went back there i didn't see the R42 so its at pit kin yard right now

Foam time in 3, 2, 1...

IS this R42 (C) 8 cars? Didn't they undo the change to the signs that allowed then to run 8 cars? (I know after they tried that a couple of years ago, the signs were all messed up, with 8 car markers taped over, and then a new "8" crudely marked over it when they tried to change it back).

IS this R42 (C) 8 cars? Didn't they undo the change to the signs that allowed then to run 8 cars? (I know after they tried that a couple of years ago, the signs were all messed up, with 8 car markers taped over, and then a new "8" crudely marked over it when they tried to change it back).

Its 8

...my thing is that they took down damn near all of the C/R boards they put up for the R42s, so how is that working out right now