Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So that means all the R32's will be gone in service saturday?

What? No. They're not sending all the cars at once, so a few cars at a time the R32s are going to be swapped for R46s. Once all those cars have been sent, the R32s return to the C and those R42s return to ENY. If I've got the timetable right, the swap should be complete by Monday-Tuesday.

one train of R46s ran on the (H) today, that will increase to 2 sets tomorrow, meaning the last day of the 32s is mostlikey tomorrow, it could be today, so far no A-A R46s were sent (very dumb), by sunday the (H) will be 100% R46s, today might be the last day for the R42 (C) as well since they dont need it after today, 5858 was the head car of the R46

one train of R46s ran on the (H) today, that will increase to 2 sets tomorrow, meaning the last day of the 32s is mostlikey tomorrow, it could be today, so far no A-A R46s were sent (very dumb), by sunday the (H) will be 100% R46s, today might be the last day for the R42 (C) as well since they dont need it after today, 5858 was the head car of the R46

I know you're pissed :P

How is it dumb that no A-A sets were sent down there...

• 4 weeks later...

4 R32's were moved from ENY last week to CIY, (mostlikely SMS), 3370/1 and 3786/7, 3370/1 was on the (C) last wendsday (it was in a train of recently SMS'ed Cars) so 3786/7 are still at CI ether getting an SMS or just there for the time being while 3370/71 is at 207th so this up the R32 Fleet from 222 to 224 cars, the other 4 cars are still at ENY

Thanks for the information, man.

Will you look at that, the (MTA) still holds 240/600 remaining R32s (222 in passenger service, 10 in work service, and 8 at East New York). Good to hear that those 4/8 R32s from East New York were in service a few days ago. :)

Thanks for the information, man.

Will you look at that, the (MTA) still holds 240/600 remaining R32s (222 in passenger service, 10 in work service, and 8 at East New York). Good to hear that those 4/8 R32s from East New York were in service a few days ago. :)

to be honest 207th don't need em, they have more than enough, my guess is that they want to finish up the SMS, and one pair of the 4 cars are still at CI, these were supposed to be for work service but i guess they changed their minds and only a pair was in service (the worst one at that) 3370/71 always had been stored, even when it was at jamaica that pair wasn't used as much Edited by R32 3838

to be honest 207th don't need em, they have more than enough, my guess is that they want to finish up the SMS, and one pair of the 4 cars are still at CI, these were supposed to be for work service but i guess they changed their minds and only a pair was in service (the worst one at that) 3370/71 always had been stored, even when it was at jamaica that pair wasn't used as much

So wait, the 4 that left ENY are now running on the C, after their SMS?

Yeah, the reason for the repair of the HVAC system with the R32s is so they remain on the (C) for the rest of their lives and to avoid lowering the spare factor for the R42s and Jamaica's R46s. I can see why they wanted to bring the R46s to the (H) for One Person Train Operation and to save money. Of course to me, seeing the (A) with the 60 footers (R32/38/40/42) than the more common R44/46s make a nice change at times.

Yeah, the reason for the repair of the HVAC system with the R32s is so they remain on the (C) for the rest of their lives and to avoid lowering the spare factor for the R42s and Jamaica's R46s. I can see why they wanted to bring the R46s to the (H) for One Person Train Operation and to save money. Of course to me, seeing the (A) with the 60 footers (R32/38/40/42) than the more common R44/46s make a nice change at times.

OPTO? Before i moved, the 46s were sent down to Rockaway and guess what, they had C/Rs.

OPTO? Before i moved, the 46s were sent down to Rockaway and guess what, they had C/Rs.

I was there around New Years aswell and they had C/R's...

Although I did see someone getting trained down there, not sure if that has anything to do with this.

Alot of things are gonna change regarding the 2 car classes very soon, plus on a side note I don't think the R32's will be on the (A) this summer since the rockaways will not open until mid summer and it would be pointless to do a swap with only the (A)'s going to howard beach and Lefferts (last summer most of them went to lefferts waste of time) but we will see what happens

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me or has the R32s' motor system been upgraded due to SMS? Ugh...I miss the older propulsion system. Nowdays, they sound just like the R68s and the R62As whenever they blast at full 30-35 or 40-45 MPH into a station! Bah......Oh well...

Edited by RollOverMyHead