R46 on the D?

R10 2952

Really, by this point, it's just called a criminal breaking into the cab.

--

Although I'd like to also say something else: the people clamoring for blood make me as sick as the people doing the illegal acts. When that graffiti artist died, railfans said "well, he deserved it." Really? For scribbling on the subway system that you obsess over, he deserved to be killed? Or that kid, Etho Smith, who posed in a vacant cab. Pople called the cops over and had Wanted posters put up...really? Was it ever that serious? Let Transit handle it and stop trying to get a 12 y/o kid put behind bars. Kids can make mistakes. It just makes me sick how insane the transit community gets. Stick to your lane, keep it moving, let the authorities do what they want to do.

Agreed 100%. Transit and the police will do everything they feel is necessary, railfans getting in the picture to try and "help" isn't gonna help them.

What's next, calling the Port Authority PD whenever they find out a railfan took pictures on PATH?

I don't have an issue with rail fans taking pictures or video recording, I am a rail fan and have been ever since the R-9s ran on the J train when I was a kid. As much as I love trains, I never did anything that would jeopardize either my safety or the safety of others or risk the transit employees losing their jobs. 

Speaking of breaking into cabs out there in Facebook land is one of another moron breaking into a cab of a train.... It's on video too....

Same moron who surfed in back of that R32 R train was the one in that video

The graffiti artist had over 30 arrests. He CHOSE to go into an area that is not only illegal for him to be there but also very dangerous. His body came into contact with the third rail and now he is dead. He deserved what he got. He CHOSE to do what he did and he is dead now because of his choice. I don't feel bad for someone like him. At least the police won't be wasting their time with him anymore.

When I was a kid I never broke into a train like this kid did, and I am as as big a rail fan as there ever was. In fact, I didn't do any kind of crap that would hurt me or hurt others. What he did was illegal and that is that, he should be punished. 

And I didn't just pass an exam either. I had to go through 6 months of intensive training and 6 months of probation afterwards where any day if I screwed up, I could have been let go anytime. I have seen it happen to people a few times. You have NO idea of what this job entails or what could happen. You are constantly dealing with the "What ifs" because they can and HAVE happened before.

You know not a damn thing about what goes on down here. 

Nobody's arguing the graffiti guy wasn't in the wrong, and nobody's arguing it wasn't stupid. But when you start saying "deserved" death, all for spray paint on wall, that's where you start sounding crazy.

Sure there are a lot of "what if" situations. But that's not how people are punished and treated in our society. What if getting into an internet argument like this raises my blood pressure and then I fall and hit my head? Am I suing you? For assault? No, cause that would be ridiculous. You can't go around with the rationale "what he did could have led to something that could have been bad so we should punish him for the bad thing." They're obviously in the wrong, but c'mon.

I never mentioned prison my point is if it affected your paycheck you wouldn't be saying what you are saying and I'm standing by that.

Rules are rules down here ask some of your RTO friends about this then see what they tell you.. Get back to me on that...

I would be pissed off, don't get me wrong, but I still disagree with the bloodthirsty mob we've got here.

There is a huge difference between subway photography (100% legal that's why were here) and whats deemed trespassing or vandalism.

Changing rollsigns and LED signs, breaking into cabs etc disrupts commutes. Dwell times are increased dramatically resulting in delays because of disoriented customers at stations. RTO crews can end up in hot water if the rollsigns are wrong and it cant be proven that it was due to vandalism, there are many TSSs that would love to throw them under the bus. Write-ups you name it. I think thats what many are trying to say.

I am not a cop or a a subway vigilante, I have my own problems, but I can understand the arguments of many.

Grafitti in itself is a form of urban art (fact) but thats a different issue I would imagine...

I would be pissed off, don't get me wrong, but I still disagree with the bloodthirsty mob we've got here.

That's other posters not my point I don't generalize when relying to single posters....

You can disagree with how the others are replying no problem .

On and btw you seen that the same moron who was in that video breaking into a cab is the same moron who surfed that R32 Romeo?

Which brings me back to my original,point about age limits I wasn't surfing trains at that age.,or breaking into cabs...

On and btw you seen that the same moron who was in that video breaking into a cab is the same moron who surfed that R32 Romeo?

I know what you are talking about. The video was suddenly deleted, but I saw it. That is way not smart to even post this stuff on Facebook (Let alone perform these acts in the first place) because the NYPD does monitor Facebook. Many people who posts these acts online end up reported by others and slammed with vandalism or other such charges, trespassing and such.

I cant really tell you why some railfanners are so damn wild nowadays. It never was like this until recent years.

Sooooooo....... Did you read the thread? It wasn't a D train.

-----------------------------------------------------

The thing about the graffiti guy was his actions directly lead to his own demise, his stupid choice of going down onto the tracks by himself. If had had half a brain, he would have found someplace to tag that didn't have 600 plus volts of DC current running right in front of it. This is not about art vs. crime or any of that argument. This is his stupid choice and his carelessness. He provoked the electric snake, and it bit him.

As to these kids, there is "boys will be boys, and then there's what you tolerate." If your actions have negative consequences for someone else, you should be punished. The Neck Road Incident, Crappy and Company vandalizing an R38, these are things that portray all of us in a negative light. Guilt by association. which is why everyone else is so ready to rag on them.

Never mind, I found the video. Yeah but as Missabassi said its true, everyone wants to be a star for internet fame, exactly. Sure isnt worth it committing crimes in the process, really stupid. They are going to ruin job prospects for the rest of their life let alone opportunities for MTA employment, more like employment in general with acts like that. Well, its on them, hey.

And at Kamen Rider, agreed.

I know what you are talking about. The video was suddenly deleted, but I saw it. That is way not smart to even post this stuff on Facebook (Let alone perform these acts in the first place) because the NYPD does monitor Facebook. Many people who posts these acts online end up reported by others and slammed with vandalism or other such charges, trespassing and such.

I cant really tell you why some railfanners are so damn wild nowadays. It never was like this until recent years.

railfans have always been trespassing, older fans on the other site admitted to walking on the LIRR lower montauk branch back in the days, also on a fan trip in the early 2000s fans jumped down to the roadbed at City Hall LL to photograph a train.

Only reason rail fans these days seem wild is because of social media, there wasn't no Facebook or twitter back then for railfans to post this stuff.

railfans have always been trespassing, older fans on the other site admitted to walking on the LIRR lower montauk branch back in the days, also on a fan trip in the early 2000s fans jumped down to the roadbed at City Hall LL to photograph a train.

Only reason rail fans these days seem wild is because of social media, there wasn't no Facebook or twitter back then for railfans to post this stuff.

You nailed it. Yes its because of social media now that you mention it. I agree 100%. Transit enthusiasts who are involved in all seriousness representing us as a whole in the railfanning community (Including myself) on facebook is a good thing, but its such delinquents that really put a bad light on us to the general public. I know many debated this but I stand by my opinion.

You nailed it. Yes its because of social media now that you mention it. I agree 100%. Transit enthusiasts who are involved in all seriousness representing us as a whole in the railfanning community (Including myself) on facebook is a good thing, but its such delinquents that really put a bad light on us to the general public. I know many debated this but I stand by my opinion.

Next thing you know they be taking selfies in the train tunnels next to a train that went BIE because of them. o_0

Next thing you know they be taking selfies in the train tunnels next to a train that went BIE because of them. o_0

I wont post any material of it here but actually there are some railfanners who do shoot videos on the tracks or in tunnels. Yes this is true.

Yes I mean literally of passing trains inside the tunnels.

It all boils down to the same reason why everyone thinks people long ago were a lot smarter than the most recent generations.

In reality, people have been dumb since the beginning of time, but today's people have a platform for their stupidity people in the past did not have - the internet. Same applies for railfans.

I recently discovered finding that it was thanks to some moron in Toronto that fiddled with something in the cab that caused the last H5 to crap out on its final run, and here I thought foamers here were above such things. Ho hum!

It all boils down to the same reason why everyone thinks people long ago were a lot smarter than the most recent generations.

In reality, people have been dumb since the beginning of time, but today's people have a platform for their stupidity people in the past did not have - the internet. Same applies for railfans.

I recently discovered finding that it was thanks to some moron in Toronto that fiddled with something in the cab that caused the last H5 to crap out on its final run, and here I thought foamers here were above such things. Ho hum!

Yup. Cant add to that one, lol.

No they aren't....

Im not gonna even add to what i know what some of them are capable of...

Except the f***tards who change rollsigns, move layups, vandalize the equipment and do other stupid s*** PUT EMPLOYEES JOBS ON THE LINE.

It's not just about putting your own life on the line. If you want to trespass on tracks, it is illegal and dangerous and you may well wind up arrested or killed. THAT IS THE RISK YOU TAKE WHEN YOU DO THAT and no one should feel sympathy for you just because it's for "art". The choice to vandalize in the tunnels was that "artist's" and now he's dead. Simple cause and effect, no sympathy, maybe he didn't get what he "deserved" but he sure as hell got what he "signed up for."

As for the f***tards breaking into cabs and jeopardizing other people's jobs they deserve to be arrested and have the living daylights scared out of them. Send them to juvy for a week and put their scared asses in with the real problem kids and maybe they'll grow up because talking to them sure doesn't seem to do a damn thing because they "know it all."

And FYI employees HAVE been disciplined for things that these special brands of retards have done. Several years back a Transit Property Protection Agent was disciplined because an intern snuck a bunch of idiots into 207th St. Yard who started randomly charging and dumping scrap cars. The intern (who should have been) was let go, but also the PP/A. Likewise another employee was disciplined when his pass was copied and some fools Photoshopped their names and photos onto it and were busted when they tried to enter through a gate.

And several employees went down for questioning with the Neck Rd. incident of layups being move. A T/O was griefed when that fat kid that likes to change rollsigns changed one on the back of his put in after it went in service. All drama that no one needs.

Anyone here defending these sign changing morons, equipment sabotaging, surfing selfie retards....if you even have a job, how the hell would you feel if I showed up at your job and just started messing with things that could get you in trouble? Maybe you work in a movie theater and I think it would be fun to show up and randomly flip the air conditioning on and off every 5 minutes. Or make shadow puppets on the screen while the movie is playing. Or maybe you work in an office, and when you get up to go to the bathroom, I think it would be hilarious if I gave you an away message that said "I went to PEE lolololol" and messaged same to your boss. Or maybe you work in a restaurant and I think it'd be funny to take pictures of the food and post them on Yelp...after I put debris from the floor on them, and accompany such with a negative review. Or maybe you work in security and I think it'd be hilarious to pose with a large knife on the inside of your security booth, that I got through, and take a giant selfie, and put some dumb ass hashtag like #post911security #ifeelsafe? Don't think so.

There are three basic rules in life - you don't mess with someone's girl/guy, you don't mess with someone's dignity, and you don't mess with someone's income (job). If these idiot retard short bus railfans can't get in their heads, they deserve to be prosecuted to the fullest extent possible under the law and have ANY hope of ever working down here taken away from them forever.

trainfan22 and ttcsubwayfan are only saying why the crimes committed by these delinquents are on the increase, not that they support it, its because of social media to gather unneeded attention which is stupid, trollish and criminalistic most importantly putting your jobs on the line. You know, to be attention whores and fools on the internet. Dont worry they are getting trolled ridiculous for it, many of them even reported to the NYPD (as we all already know of course, but for the record). We are in support.....

I am seeing this on facebook all the time, very highly annoyed by this, (verbally gave even stronger comments then what I am giving here) and good for their asses for being reported to authorities accordingly. 

Personally speaking I will reiterate the fact that many of us don't believe any of us passengers and law abiding transit enthusiasts are in support of this problem with rollsign changing because they are forms of vandalism and/or trespassing and/or criminal delinquent behavior, which proves to pose as a job risk for RTO employees as many stated... Many already see clearly as I do that they are risking the integrity of RTO employees and their very jobs for many reasons. If I was in the shoes of an RTO employee I would be equally pissed to no end for these reasons, cant blame you at all for your opinions. I agree. Of course these people who wants to break into cabs and or change rollsigns get what they deserve, screw em, they need to be prosecuted. Totally despicable what these fools (supposed railfanners who are really now criminals for what they are doing here) are doing in my opinion...

==================================================================================================

I will bump this here because what RTOMan said (and what Andrew, SubwayGuy and others are stating) is exactly the way I personally feel about the situation 100%, just to make it clear:

Saw a consist of R-46s depart 59th Street southbound with a  (D) rollsign on the rear at about 6:45PM today.  Right after that, a southbound train of R-68s, also on the  (D), arrived and was held for several minutes at the station.  I'm going to assume it's just an  (A) train with the wrong sign unless someone can confirm otherwise...

Yes its called stupid "railfans" breaking into the cab and change the sign......

Because really, R10 1989, you should have known in the first place in your opening post was that what you saw was a no brainer case of vandalism and tresspassing. NOT because RTO employees made mistakes with the signs or some out of the blue reroute as you may be insinuating!

If I had known it was a case of full-blown railfan retardation, I wouldn't have started a thread, would I now? When I first signed up, I thought Crappy McCrappers and his band of merry idiots were simply an isolated basket case.  Now that I see that foamer vandalism has actually become a full-blown epidemic, I am actually quite disappointed.  But yeah, things have changed for the worse in the past few years.  That and every time someone starts a damn thread around here these days, it always descends into a back-and-forth argument.  Shit, no wonder I don't post here that often anymore....

maybe he didn't get what he "deserved" but he sure as hell got what he "signed up for."

This I can sign on to. This is all I've been trying to push, a little moderation. You have to be an idiot to do graffiti in the subway, and the risks are beyond obvious. But when people start playing god, doing the "deserve" nonsense, that gets on my nerves.

Archived