Subway doors on 42nd street shuttle open on wrong side!

Abba

Yesterday was a mess for the subway. What I was most annoyed about is how the flow of information was so anemic! Is it really that hard to have a unified information system on delays?

The answer is yes because it's the (MTA).  I am glad I didn't have to use the subway yesterday, as I heard it was a mess.  One lady said it took her TWO HOURS to get from Uptown to Downtown.

Well this is why the signs say 'do not lean on door'... still slightly worrying though. At least it wasn't on an elevated station and on the stops with an island platform where the other side opens toward the street below.

Even so aren't those doors opened by one of the crew members? I don't see how it could be "a mechanical error".  What a load of BS by the (MTA). It was human error.  They need to state that and stop trying to blow smoke screens.

they are blaming on human error. I just watch it on the news today.

Also on side the (F) train derailment was conclude it was poor maintence because they knew about the defective rail and tie plate was not replace within over the year. i heard about 10 people got suspended without pay. 

Well this is why the signs say 'do not lean on door'... still slightly worrying though. At least it wasn't on an elevated station and on the stops with an island platform where the other side opens toward the street below.

I just had a nightmare about that... Scary, just scary. What happened to the conductors?

they are blaming on human error. I just watch it on the news today.

Also on side the (F) train derailment was conclude it was poor maintence because they knew about the defective rail and tie plate was not replace within over the year. i heard about 10 people got suspended without pay. 

Finally. You heard nothing about any investigation or cause afterward, and it sounded like that was being swept under the rug, compared to how the trouble we get into like this, is always talked about.

(the union is countering that the ignored problem was minor, and the rail was simply defective).

Finally. You heard nothing about any investigation or cause afterward, and it sounded like that was being swept under the rug, compared to how the trouble we get into like this, is always talked about.

(the union is countering that the ignored problem was minor, and the rail was simply defective).

LOL... What does a defective rail have to do with the doors opening on the wrong side???

People could have gotten hurt! Even I lean on the shuttle door sometimes and when the doors open Im not aware of them opening and I fall back into the stupid gap between the train and the platform and end up taking a old lady down with me on the platform.

The gap issue they have to fix, and also this wrong door opening.  How can they not be suspened?

Wow, so this is true? Someone in management knew the rail was faulty but ignored it?? That's crazy

The answer is yes because it's the (MTA).  I am glad I didn't have to use the subway yesterday, as I heard it was a mess.  One lady said it took her TWO HOURS to get from Uptown to Downtown.

Well, you don't use the subways that much, anyway.

People could have gotten hurt! Even I lean on the shuttle door sometimes and when the doors open Im not aware of them opening and I fall back into the stupid gap between the train and the platform and end up taking a old lady down with me on the platform.

Well there's your problem. Don't lean on the doors lol.

There are no conductors on the GC shuttle. Only 2 T/O's

Yes, but doesn't the one on the back end of the train operate the doors like a c/r and when the train reverses back, they switch roles? Basically both have to be opto qualified, but don't do everything at the same time.

Well there's your problem. Don't lean on the doors lol.

Lol, yup. If there was ever a good time to hit this point across about NOT leaning on the doors, this is it.

Archived