Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/10/2021 at 9:18 AM, Finallynyc said:

Good Morning.  Two weeks in and midterms is approaching.  Does anyone know what to expect on the pratical? Road?

Also any tips to help with the improper zoning procedures.  I get a lil flustered on that part.  

Yard practical is starting from Terminal operations, car inspections, overcome an improper zone and also door troubleshooting. 

Road Practical is regular station to station stops, with mixed in short stops, station overrun and station bypass. Supposedly with the Superintendent. 

Good to know how to isolate a car, but it’s rather easy so I wouldn’t necessarily worry about that as I did not hear it currently being part of either practical. 

Heard all this from a pretty reliable source. 

Also just want to ease some of the minds from something I saw posted earlier, in case you’re worried. If you do have issues climbing on an R68 (B division) you will be given another opportunity to climb on an A division train, as they are a tad smaller and easier to climb, and if you can and are okay with being in the A division you’ll still be able to pass through. I witnessed this happen during school car. 

hope this helps! 

Good Morning.  Two weeks in and midterms is approaching.  Does anyone know what to expect on the pratical? Road?

Also any tips to help with the improper zoning procedures.  I get a lil flustered on that part.  

When it comes to improper zoning, remember to always confirm your platform and acknowledge conductors indication board. MDC will be in TERM in your non-operating cab. Turn to ON and open all doors. Make your announcement, “Attentions passengers the doors will be closing and opening momentarily, stand clear of the closing doors please”. Once you’ve closed up properly. Turn key to RUN and press DeZone. 

Now go to your operation cab and complete proper procedures to zone up that cab. 

REMEMBER NEVER TURN KEY TO “RUN” WITH THE DOORS OPEN

I suggest talking out the steps out loud while you do it. Also recording and listening to yourself doing the procedures as well might help. 

I've been a conductor for 6 years now and just remember how to overcome a door problem and maybe isolate a car. They may ask you terminal procedure when you're leaving as well. Road practical is easy after that. It's one long stop, one short and one perfectly on your board

2 minutes ago, EgyptianEyez said:

Just got the call for Drug test on Monday August 23rd 

Same. Just got a phone call to report to 180 Livingston on Monday at 9:30. I said to check my email but I didn’t get anything yet 

Edited by Tony77

Did the drug test today. It wasn't too bad. Not many conductors were there, lots of Bus Operators and some Train Operators. In by about 7, out by about 10. They staggered the arrival times so there wasn't as much waiting around in line.

I asked about the September class date but no one seems to know. It'll probably be late September so I suppose I'll get called for the medical two weeks from now. 

4 minutes ago, Harlem said:

Did the drug test today. It wasn't too bad. Not many conductors were there, lots of Bus Operators and some Train Operators. In by about 7, out by about 10. They staggered the arrival times so there wasn't as much waiting around in line.

I asked about the September class date but no one seems to know. It'll probably be late September so I suppose I'll get called for the medical two weeks from now. 

Sounds good. I’ve got mine on Monday at 9:30. Planned on getting there at 9. Should I get there a little early 

Thanks a  million.  Question. Are they throwing the improper Zone problem in with the Terminal Departure test (Car/Cab Inspection)?

And Also in the improper zone part, It might sound silly but just need clarity.  Got a few more train reps to go.   Are we closing doors the same way (MDC ButtosnS flip flop according to the platform you're on) of the Operating cab while in the non-operating cab or Different? Cause they have been training us with the r46s more than the other cars. Its the mental notes of the MDC too that fluster people.

What’s up guys I got an email saying to be @ Livingston on Monday , it says being completed drug form but I never took a drug test , I reply to email saying I’m interested and this was the next email , I’m shitting bricks , not about passing it but am I suppose to get this done myself or is this the main reason for the meeting  to get a drug test ?  

19 hours ago, Trainguynyc said:

What’s up guys I got an email saying to be @ Livingston on Monday , it says being completed drug form but I never took a drug test , I reply to email saying I’m interested and this was the next email , I’m shitting bricks , not about passing it but am I suppose to get this done myself or is this the main reason for the meeting  to get a drug test ?  

Tomorrow will be the drug test. Just bring all your paperwork. What time do u have to report and whats your list #

1 hour ago, EgyptianEyez said:

Tomorrow will be the drug test. Just bring all your paperwork. What time do u have to report and whats your list #

I know I have to report at 09:30 but I was thinking of getting there earlier so I could get in and out. 

21 hours ago, Trainguynyc said:

Nah just bring the documents asked for in the link in the email. The drug test will be done tomorrow. Good luck. Get some sleep; don’t wanna oversleep lol.