Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

8 hours ago, Finallynyc said:

Good Morning to all.  Got up early to go over other emails and am doing my 401 now.  Few questions.  I know it sounds sily but What to put in the "Original Date Employed" box , the effective date or the reporting date from the sheet I was given prior to zoom and school? also How much do you recommend in sending in the "before tax contriubitons" (% or $) and also the Roth section and has anyone done the Goal Maker option?  Thanks.  Will save my draft and finish it later

Set the contributions to what works for you. Traditional 401/457 will have the money taken before taxes (and you will get taxed at withdrawal time) and Roth is the opposite. I do 5% and it comes out to about $3,500/yr. (At my pay rate)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Locodoco said:

Thank you. Another question regarding the health insurance enrollment form, should I email or fax it back to the bsc? and should i complete it asap? since it doesn't take in effect after 90 days. 

I didn't even do mine yet lol

3 minutes ago, Grady6601 said:

Hey everyone does anyone know if we have to put our name back to the list or they automatically do it for you? I took conductors test 6601 and also can you guys send the link to find my name and results on the data sheet thanks much appreciated 

You need to put your name back on the list and here's the link 

https://data.cityofnewyork.us/widgets/vx8i-nprf

I have a question. My ID metro card pass has a U on it. However I see fellow coworkers in my class have M or L on theirs. What does it stand for? M for Metro North, L for Long Island Railroad? I know we get to choose either one as a benefit to ride for free  when we fill out our pre employment paperwork. I chose Long Island Railroad. Or am I completely wrong about all of this? LOL

40 minutes ago, exj16 said:

I have a question. My ID metro card pass has a U on it. However I see fellow coworkers in my class have M or L on theirs. What does it stand for? M for Metro North, L for Long Island Railroad? I know we get to choose either one as a benefit to ride for free  when we fill out our pre employment paperwork. I chose Long Island Railroad. Or am I completely wrong about all of this? LOL

It means U a probie. 😂😂

You're right. The letter doesn't really mean anything on the railroad. The conductors will just see the pass and keep it pushing. I used my 'U' pass on both without problems. 

19 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

It means U a probie. 😂😂

You're right. The letter doesn't really mean anything on the railroad. The conductors will just see the pass and keep it pushing. I used my 'U' pass on both without problems. 

Lmaoooo thanks for the info 🤣

1 hour ago, exj16 said:

U stands for undecided that you didn't pick either or, what I would do is try to make an appointment at 180 Livingston pass unit to change it or ask your school car tss and see what they tell you. Or even call Ms Vargas or Ms Ohla and see what they say. I never had that problem when I first started so I can't really speak from experience.

57 minutes ago, Schecter said:

U stands for undecided that you didn't pick either or, what I would do is try to make an appointment at 180 Livingston pass unit to change it or ask your school car tss and see what they tell you. Or even call Ms Vargas or Ms Ohla and see what they say. I never had that problem when I first started so I can't really speak from experience.

U stands for Universal not Undecided lol.

9 minutes ago, dman1455 said:

Nah, the U was on all the passes prior to them agreeing to give you the LIRR or MNRR options on your pass. In my opinion the U looks better and shows you have some seniority lol.

Super senior aka time to retire when you have a seniority number in the triple or double digits lmao

On 7/28/2021 at 12:41 PM, Locodoco said:

Thank you. Another question regarding the health insurance enrollment form, should I email or fax it back to the bsc? and should i complete it asap? since it doesn't take in effect after 90 days. 

I actually have not completed mine as of yet