Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Evening.  Im having problems setting up an account on Safgard.  It's saying invalid mta account after I typed in my Pass and BSC.  The lady that appointed me told me the BSC is my employee ID #.  Do I need these boots for the class next tuesday? I reached out to safgard, and the two mta reps that were emailing me during my hiring process.  Thanks in advance.

1 minute ago, Finallynyc said:

Good Evening.  Im having problems setting up an account on Safgard.  It's saying invalid mta account after I typed in my Pass and BSC.  The lady that appointed me told me the BSC is my employee ID #.  Do I need these boots for the class next tuesday? I reached out to safgard, and the two mta reps that were emailing me during my hiring process.  Thanks in advance.

Try calling 180 Livingston Street and talk to Olha or Michelle Vargas about your issue you're eventually going to need boots in order to walk on the tracks and such. Somebody in the train operator forum had the same problem they spoke to one of the ladies I mentioned and they resolved their issue. Best of luck and congrats 🙃

2 hours ago, Locodoco said:

What other bags you would recommend beside the kaka?

Personally I had the Kaka bag. It was ok. I didn’t get the biggest one, I got a smaller one. I still wasn’t fully happy with it. I ended up getting one from a company called Witzman. It’s on amazon for like $60. I’ll see if I can post a link 

5 minutes ago, EAS said:

WITZMAN Travel Backpack For Men Laptop Bags Casual Daypack Convertible Rucksack 3 Carrying Ways (6695 Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XRYR2KF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_PMWZ2Q9254G6D9KHN67Q

@EASI have bee searching for a backpack too. I've been using the duffle I had in school car and after a week I am over it. Ordered one off Amazon i hope it's big enough.  So much stuff lol. 

42 minutes ago, BreeBree said:

@EASI have bee searching for a backpack too. I've been using the duffle I had in school car and after a week I am over it. Ordered one off Amazon i hope it's big enough.  So much stuff lol. 

This one works good for me and I had extra space in the main compartment for a hoodie last winter. Or food in the summer. But now I got a lunch bag lol. The main compartment is great. Spacious and has a laptop slot in the back where I keep my rule book and strip maps (I was in the first covid class that came out last September. I’m almost done with probation). The side pockets on this bag are great too. Personally I like it better than the Kaka. 

2 hours ago, EAS said:

This one works good for me and I had extra space in the main compartment for a hoodie last winter. Or food in the summer. But now I got a lunch bag lol. The main compartment is great. Spacious and has a laptop slot in the back where I keep my rule book and strip maps (I was in the first covid class that came out last September. I’m almost done with probation). The side pockets on this bag are great too. Personally I like it better than the Kaka. 

Thank you for the info!!

On 7/20/2021 at 12:11 AM, BreeBree said:

Congratulations!!!!! 

Zoom call easy. Class will jump right in. Bring a bag for your books and equipment.  Bring black pens and a notebook. Lots of reading!! And studying!! You'll climb on to a train from the tracks first week. It's pretty easy just follow what they show you. It's a deal breaker,  if you can't you will be chopped. Hands on will start week 2 but lots, lots, lots of reading. Classes will be 7-3 first week or so at the MTA school in Brooklyn.  Then you'll be at the yards. Road ops last 2 weeks. Midterms 1 written, multiple choice and a yard practical. Final, multiple choice too and a road practical. 

This is the basics. Keep in touch, you'll do fine. I was in the May class. I'm out on the road now in A division for a week now! It's pretty cool. Congratulations again!!!

You'll do great!!!

Thanks.  Is there parking in the school area?(alternate side issues)  I was going to drive over there.

On 7/21/2021 at 7:45 PM, Finallynyc said:

Your BSC ID is the 7 digit number that they gave you. Your pass number is the six digit one.

2 hours ago, Finallynyc said:

Thanks.  Is there parking in the school area?(alternate side issues)  I was going to drive over there.

There is parking. Get there early. Most arrive 45 minutes early. There's parking in the block no issues and there is a parking lot as well