Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EgyptianEyez said:

Wow nothing yet thats crazy. I was looking at oldnavy. What style did u get and what boots are best to order

I got the high waisted flare ir boot cut pixie pants in navy. They have great stretch you'll need that climbing up and down the trains in the yard. The shoes I bought were the unisex ones that say they are light weight...they all suck lol the shirts from the Amazon everyday fashion section. Order them soon the birth sell out and though they are prime delivery is slow. Get a navy cardigan too the classrooms can be chilly

1 minute ago, BreeBree said:

I got the high waisted flare ir boot cut pixie pants in navy. They have great stretch you'll need that climbing up and down the trains in the yard. The shoes I bought were the unisex ones that say they are light weight...they all suck lol the shirts from the Amazon everyday fashion section. Order them soon the birth sell out and though they are prime delivery is slow. Get a navy cardigan too the classrooms can be chilly

Thank you

On 8/28/2021 at 4:45 PM, BreeBree said:

Do it have to be a navy sweater or can i just use one that i already have. I have a cream cardigan

I’m about to begin posting this week. I hear it’s really fun.  For the conductors that are already past school car, what was it like being out there with a veteran conductor shadowing you as you make station stops? Also after school car, did you guys get to pick your preferred lines/terminals?did they place you based on where you live? Or do they really just send you anywhere to work? LOL thanks in advanced 

43 minutes ago, MainStreetBound7 said:

Another dumb question guys. I took the drug test on Friday. Medical exam is next, how long between the drug test and medical did you have to wait? Not sure if I'll make the September 13th class.

I took my drug test on the 23rd was called two days later on the 25th to report for my medical on the 27th. Now this doesn't mean it would be the same for you. It depends on how many more ppl they need to fill this up coming class. I have a feeling you will make the class tho so keep an look out for the email and phone call. Good luck

7 hours ago, exj16 said:

I’m about to begin posting this week. I hear it’s really fun.  For the conductors that are already past school car, what was it like being out there with a veteran conductor shadowing you as you make station stops? Also after school car, did you guys get to pick your preferred lines/terminals?did they place you based on where you live? Or do they really just send you anywhere to work? LOL thanks in advanced 

For the first part of your question it depends on the person who’s taking you. You’ll just have to wait & see.

Second question, when you’re finished and released to the crew office you will be sent anywhere within your subdivision based on the needs of service. They *may* try to keep you close to home, but don’t count on it be prepared to go any/everywhere. And forget about picking a job for now. I have 3 years in title & I’m still XX in the b division.

17 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

For the first part of your question it depends on the person who’s taking you. You’ll just have to wait & see.

Second question, when you’re finished and released to the crew office you will be sent anywhere within your subdivision based on the needs of service. They *may* try to keep you close to home, but don’t count on it be prepared to go any/everywhere. And forget about picking a job for now. I have 3 years in title & I’m still XX in the b division.

Most veterans are cool. I had 7 nice ones (A division)

But remember what you learned in school car some can be a little fast. Don't pick up other's habits 

You'll  go where they send you. No assigned positions. You'll get your schedule every 2 days and RDOs you'll get on Friday for the following week.

Good luck. I've been out for about 7-8 weeks I've  been at terminals in the Bronx but you never know

5 hours ago, BreeBree said:

Check their website you can see if you've been restored they often don't respond 

I was told I was removed when I came in person to have my medical hold cleared which was  dry frustrating as i had to jump through hoops to get the docs they wanted. So I went home empty handed a few weeks ago. I emailed in asking to be cleared and nothing for weeks. I started blowing up every phone number and email I had and didn’t get much feedback. 

Then a few hours ago, I was invited back in to start over. So hoping to make the next class now that I have been through the drug test and medical process and have all of my clearances now.  Should be a breeze. 

I just logged onto the list and saw my name, but nothing has changed as far as any date or extension next to my name. So I don’t know how one would know if they have been reinstated or not. I’m just guessing that the email for the drug test I just got means I’m back on the list. 

Hey Guys,

Freaking out a little over here. I got called in tomorrow at 6:30 for medical. I'm trying to do the Cority questionnaire. I was originally sent by Ms Olha an example sheet for bus operator. I spoke to her earlier today and she assured me that once I go online that there would be one for conductor. I'm on there now and theres no such thing. Did anyone else experience this?