Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. I myself thought about becoming a cop at one point in time, but having bad experiences and dealing with the harassment on the other end, put me away. It's also a very stressful environment where you're basically putting your life on the line everyday. Like RedViper said, you'd have to want to be a cop. It's a great career move for someone who's out of the military though.

Edited by noekozz

I know this is nitpicky, but does anyone know at about what time approximately they release the answer key?  I'll be traveling that day, so it would be useful to know exactly when they go up.

Idk but I'll be checking the mta site regularly. Your best bet would be to check after 5pm.

When should we get our scores? I'm much more interested in the final official score (and above all, the list number) than the raw score.

The raw score is helpful, but won't they eliminate some questions and change some answers before they issue the final score?

We should receive the actual scores by mail with list numbers from MTA. I'm not sure of an exact time though

I know this is nitpicky, but does anyone know at about what time approximately they release the answer key?  I'll be traveling that day, so it would be useful to know exactly when they go up.

From what I've noticed in the past, the answer key usually releases in the morning

Edited by The Saniter

I just got back from 180 Livingston.  According to the security guard at the front desk, they're not posting the answer key there in the lobby until Monday.  I asked him when the answer key was going to be posted on the website and he said, "This afternoon."  I asked him when this afternoon and he said, "Check around 4pm."  There was no one else around I could ask about this, so all I have is what the front desk security guard told me.

I just got back from 180 Livingston.  According to the security guard at the front desk, they're not posting the answer key there in the lobby until Monday.  I asked him when the answer key was going to be posted on the website and he said, "This afternoon."  I asked him when this afternoon and he said, "Check around 4pm."  There was no one else around I could ask about this, so all I have is what the front desk security guard told me.

Well I hope that guard was correctly informed.

When do they establish the list?  How many conductors have they typically hired on a annual basis from previous lists? 

That's the million-dollar question. I hope they hire a lot of us. Isn't the MTA opening up new trains and routes? Shouldn't we also consider promotions, opening up more spots for new Conductors?

Edited by RedViper90

2 wrong, rounds up to 98%. Good enough?

Who knows.

Protest session is on the 12th. Who knows how effective that might be...maybe they'll change 1 or 2 of those tricky ones. I'll be checking again after that date but for now, I guess I'm ok with 3 wrong.