Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

6 hours ago, exj16 said:

Did anyone who received a canvassing letter/Pre employment application via for due date 5/27/21 hear back from RTO?

Yes, I got a call today to go in Thursday @ 7:15 to continue the process. How about you?

Can someone let me know if the drug test and physical exam are on the same day? 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DCSerra said:

Yes, I got a call today to go in Thursday @ 7:15 to continue the process. How about you?

Can someone let me know if the drug test and physical exam are on the same day? 

The drug exam and medical exam are on different dates.

On 6/7/2021 at 11:28 PM, BreeBree said:

They are separate days

Thank you.

I was expecting an email with instructions about going in tomorrow i'm assuming for the drug test, but I didn’t receive it, only the phone call. Are you expected to give anything in ? I would hate to go in unprepared. 

9 hours ago, DCSerra said:

Thank you.

I was expecting an email with instructions about going in tomorrow i'm assuming for the drug test, but I didn’t receive it, only the phone call. Are you expected to give anything in ? I would hate to go in unprepared. 

Bring ID, Birth Certificate,  original Social security card and the application filled out just in case. Surprised you didn't get an email. Check for it again

1 hour ago, BreeBree said:

Bring ID, Birth Certificate,  original Social security card and the application filled out just in case. Surprised you didn't get an email. Check for it again

I ended up emailing the employment center and they emailed me the info. Im ready just hoping everything goes well. Thank you 🙂

Just now, exj16 said:

hey everyone, just to be sure, a CDL isnt required for this position right?  I have a drivers license but not CDL. I see it on the list in the email I received today 

CDL isn't at all required unless you were going for bus operator 

2 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Call today in the morning around 9amish

I have (347) 643-7413. Is that the number? They were closed for a while because of Covid so I would email them every few months to see what number they were up to. As of May 19, 2021, they were up to 2204. 

10 hours ago, Schecter said:

Call today in the morning around 9amish

So I just emailed the exam unit. They said the last number hired was 2306. So I’m confused at this point since I’m 28XX. I guess I’ll just have to wait until they get to my number for an email. I just don’t understand how others are getting emails who at 29XX etc 😔

12 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Try calling 180 and ask maybe there's a miscommunication doesn't hurt to try the worse they can say is the same thing that the exam unit said. If I was you I'd call just to give me some clarity.

Do you have that phone number by any chance? You’re right; it doesn’t hurt to try and call. 

Edited by Tony77

I went in for drug testing today at 11:30am. Hopefully I’ll hear back for medical soon. Would anyone know the average wait time? Also out of curiosity, I’m not sure if this has been asked already but for those that already got pass training/school and are on the road, what backpacks do you guys use or recommend?

36 minutes ago, exj16 said:

I went in for drug testing today at 11:30am. Hopefully I’ll hear back for medical soon. Would anyone know the average wait time? Also out of curiosity, I’m not sure if this has been asked already but for those that already got pass training/school and are on the road, what backpacks do you guys use or recommend?

it's pretty quick. You should get an email or call as soon as next week.

I'm almost finished school car. Posting next week.

Good luck!

On 6/9/2021 at 10:06 PM, BreeBree said:

16 hours ago, Tony77 said:

I didn’t get anything and I’m list #28xx 😔