Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

3 hours ago, Finallynyc said:

Good afternoon to all.  Congrats to my brothers that have waited the wait.   Just a few questions.  I received  and finished the pre-employment packet last week.  Earlier today, I  received a letter stating to come in to continue the pre-employment process on Juy 8th.  It numbered the things I need to have said to have which included "successful completion of a drug/alcohol laboratory examination".  Thats where my question lies.  Do I have to get one and bring it in by that date attend or they will schedule me one?  Thank you in advance.  Good luck to all!!!

What’s your list number? Thanks.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone, for those that been through the medical/final processing, while completing the 21 page packet  I couldn’t remember the dates of two of the colleges I went to since I was only there for a small period of time and it was almost a decade ago. Will that be an issue? Everything in the packet,  I’m fine with. I just don’t want to randomly get pulled from school car because of wrong school dates LOL

On 7/2/2021 at 6:57 AM, Ytmh said:

@JDS1057 nice !!!! That is good to hear. When was your pre employment packet due ?  What was your list number ? 
I’m 27** and my pre employment was due June 28th. 

My list number was 24**. I’ll be in today for medical and fingerprints. If all goes well I’ll see some of you in the July 26th class. Congrats to those in their final week before posting. And good luck to everyone else! 

I noticed everyone who is called in is asked to bring in their birth certificate. If we can’t find it do they allow us to use our valid US Passports instead ? 

I moved and can’t locate my birth certificate but requested another from NY state which takes weeks to come in the mail. 

good morning! i really appreciate this thread I've been trying to get in contact with someone to see the status of my application. reading all the comments I've come to the conclusion that my list number probably wont get called in a while. this is for the conductor exam number 6601, my list number begins with 88** = [ i must have a long ways to go... good luck and congrats though to everyone whose been called, being called, and may be called soon! 

11 hours ago, Ytmh said:

I noticed everyone who is called in is asked to bring in their birth certificate. If we can’t find it do they allow us to use our valid US Passports instead ? 

I moved and can’t locate my birth certificate but requested another from NY state which takes weeks to come in the mail. 

Yes. If you read the letter it says birth certificate OR valid Passport. 

On 7/2/2021 at 4:44 PM, exj16 said:

I received a call just now for Medical/final processing. I was asked If I can come in early Tuesday or Wednesday morning. I chose Tuesday. Afterwards she sent me an email with all the info. List number 24**. I was told if all goes well, I start 7/26. *fingers crossed*

How did it go for Medical? 

14 hours ago, EgyptianEyez said:

How did it go for Medical? 

Hey I was placed on Medical hold for EKG (7/6/21)  of all things which shocked me. I was told by the MTA doctor and HR that I passed everything else on the physical and all I need is a clearance letter to finish which I got today from my cardiologist. Emailed them the medical docs to the specific email they gave me so I can reschedule for final processing. Hopefully that’s next week LOL my advice if you think you may be placed on hold for anything, go see your doctor before hand and if they do place you on hold, get it cleared ASAP. Took me less than 24 hours to get cleared. Also from the doctors mouth himself, i asked him what are the main things that get people placed on hold, he told me if both your neck size is over 17 and you’re BMI is over 35 they will place you on hold and make you get a sleep Apnea test. If your neck size is larger than 17 but your BMI is lower than 35, you are good. People also get flagged for EKG and the hearing test. 

1 hour ago, exj16 said:

Hey I was placed on Medical hold for EKG (7/6/21)  of all things which shocked me. I was told by the MTA doctor and HR that I passed everything else on the physical and all I need is a clearance letter to finish which I got today from my cardiologist. Emailed them the medical docs to the specific email they gave me so I can reschedule for final processing. Hopefully that’s next week LOL my advice if you think you may be placed on hold for anything, go see your doctor before hand and if they do place you on hold, get it cleared ASAP. Took me less than 24 hours to get cleared. Also from the doctors mouth himself, i asked him what are the main things that get people placed on hold, he told me if both your neck size is over 17 and you’re BMI is over 35 they will place you on hold and make you get a sleep Apnea test. If your neck size is larger than 17 but your BMI is lower than 35, you are good. People also get flagged for EKG and the hearing test. 

Wow! Im glad you got that cleared up fast. How is the eye exam because my sight inst so good i wear contacts?

8 minutes ago, EgyptianEyez said:

Wow! Im glad you got that cleared up fast. How is the eye exam because my sight inst so good i wear contacts?

Eye exam isn't bad they ask you what part of a circle you see open left right up or down tell them where it's opened and a color blind test they do as part of the eye exam, let them know you wear contacts also.

3 hours ago, Schecter said:

Eye exam isn't bad they ask you what part of a circle you see open left right up or down tell them where it's opened and a color blind test they do as part of the eye exam, let them know you wear contacts also.

okay that doesn't sound bad. Thank you

On 6/25/2021 at 10:14 PM, BreeBree said:

It's not about overweight per say. It's neck measurement plus other health issues ie: high blood pressure.  They will put you on medical hold and have you complete a sleep apnea test.  I went to isleep very fast and I was in the next class. I'm posting next week. Next class is in July. Good luck

Hey what are the training Hours like? Is it just am and pm training or just mornings?

20 hours ago, Finallynyc said:

Good Evening again.  Do I have to bring in a High School Diploma for the Canvas continuation? I have my college degree on me but cant find the diploma at this moment.  Still looking.

If you have a college degree that will be fine. Bring the degree. 

35 minutes ago, yourehired said:

is there anybody out there who went through the recertification process.  My # was taken off and need to be placed bac on the list, went through the motions emailing the recertification unit but no response?

Hey you’d have to fill out this form and then email it to  certificationunit@nyc.gov. They will respond within 3 business days. Had a friend who had to do this last week and got a response/added back on  the same day. I hope this helps https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/dcas/downloads/pdf/employment/restore_to_eligibility.pdf