Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

Hi I recently applied for a conductor position. I have a few questions. First I keep heating about medical hold. I already know I have high blood pressure and are taking meds for it. Should I go to my Dr before I go for medical to have a clearance letter handy? Are there any strict rules about tattoos? Will they still be testing for Marijuana even though it's legal in nyc now? And if so will a medical prescription be accepted?

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, DonV said:

Hi I recently applied for a conductor position. I have a few questions. First I keep heating about medical hold. I already know I have high blood pressure and are taking meds for it. Should I go to my Dr before I go for medical to have a clearance letter handy? Are there any strict rules about tattoos? Will they still be testing for Marijuana even though it's legal in nyc now? And if so will a medical prescription be accepted?

- You should get a clearance letter before you go to the medical. It will make everything easier.

- There are no rules about tattoos.

- They will be testing for marijuana. Even though it's legal this title will not allow you to use it or have it in your system. You will be disqualified.

- A medical prescription will not be accepted. It won't make any difference. 

40 minutes ago, Harlem said:

- You should get a clearance letter before you go to the medical. It will make everything easier.

- There are no rules about tattoos.

- They will be testing for marijuana. Even though it's legal this title will not allow you to use it or have it in your system. You will be disqualified.

- A medical prescription will not be accepted. It won't make any difference. 

Do you start on the 13th

16 hours ago, DonV said:

Even though Marijuana is legal it's still federally illegal which still makes it illegal on the federal level. If you come up positive you'll be DQed if you smoked postpone the drug test until you're clean it'll be your best bet.  Type in Google MTA drug testing policy and click the first link and you'll read what they test for.

Hey fellow conductors that past school car this year and are out on the road, did you guys get your uniforms yet? I know there was a change in vendors and everything is behind. I’m going to be rapping up posting soon and still haven’t gotten uniforms yet lol I’m kind of tired of wearing this safety vest everyday and was hoping I’d have regular uniform by the time I get out on the road  LOL 

On 9/4/2021 at 3:34 AM, DonV said:

Mary Jane is a 110% no-no with transit. Your drug test must be clean or you won't get the job. Even though it's "legal", you cannot smoke and be an employee as this job involves too much safety; they don't want people who are high to be in charge of movement of buses/trains. Sorry if that sounds harsh but it is what it is. As for medical hold, I suggest getting in contact with your doctor ASAP some he/she can write a note 

Hello everyone,

Been reading these forums for years but never made an account. I'm on the list for conductor. Took the drug test on 9/3 and just got a call from Ms. Olha to come in to do medical tomorrow. They have a class starting Monday 9/13 that they are trying to fill. I am part of the fat neck/hairy chest gang lol so I'm probably going straight to medical hold and having to do a sleep apnea test. My list number is 304x for those who might want to know. I do not know what list number they are up to but there were lots of conductor hopefuls doing drug testing on 9/3. Just keep watch for emails and calls if your list number is in the 3000s and low 4000s I guess. And lose weight now if you need to. Don't be like me on pins and needles about tomorrow lol.

Placed on medical hold like I assumed. 100 days to get off of it but they said get it done yesterday. Already have a doctor's appointment but it's a week away. 😖

They seem to need conductors bad. There were some retired TSS's there coming in to get back to work doing schoolcar training.  

2 minutes ago, TraDon said:

Placed on medical hold like I assumed. 100 days to get off of it but they said get it done yesterday. Already have a doctor's appointment but it's a week away. 😖

They seem to need conductors bad. There were some retired TSS's there coming in to get back to work doing schoolcar training.  

You got this they need a crap ton of conductors trust me they're gonna be hiring way more you'll get the job man just be as fast as you can with the doctor. 

On 9/9/2021 at 1:31 PM, TraDon said:

Here's a word of advice  if you are diagnosed as Mild you wont have any issues...

Anything more than that say hello to being checked every six months for the rest of your time down here to see if you are in compliance. 

Get it done fast they really need bodies especially in the B Div... Good Luck.

Edited by RTOMan

46 minutes ago, RTOMan said:

Here's a word of advice  if you are diagnosed as Mild you wont have any issues...

Anything more than that say hello to being checked every six months for the rest of your time down here to see if you are in compliance. 

Get it done fast they really need bodies especially in the B Div... Good Luck.

Thanks. I'm okay with being checked whenever if I do have more than a mild case.

B Division was going to be my choice if I made the 9/13 class. That decision was the only thing that was really making me nervous. I am so far from the Bronx.

21 minutes ago, TraDon said:

Thanks. I'm okay with being checked whenever if I do have more than a mild case.

B Division was going to be my choice if I made the 9/13 class. That decision was the only thing that was really making me nervous. I am so far from the Bronx.

Great if you are around 179 on the PMs look for the tall bald light skinned quiet guy that's me heh...

Since my CR is out a lot most likely youll  be working with me i get all the new folks...

1 hour ago, RTOMan said:

Great if you are around 179 on the PMs look for the tall bald light skinned quiet guy that's me heh...

Since my CR is out a lot most likely youll  be working with me i get all the new folks...

I'm making it my mission to get hired. Hope to see you all out there.

6 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Get it out of your system or you can forget about this Job...

They don't play with this

Thanks for the advice. This part is no problem. I'm tested on my other job. I was more curious than anything since they changed the rules for the tlc drug testing.my main issue was the whole "fat neck" means sleep apnea problem I heard about. I'm on blood pressure meds now so when I see my doctor tomorrow I have to ask him for something written for it. DOT didn't pass me for my blood pressure before I was on meds for a driving job. 

45 minutes ago, EgyptianEyez said:

52 C/R in the class only 8 spots for the B and the rest was for the A. Ugh i had to go to the A so annoyed because i live in Brooklyn. Just my luck!

Yeah that happened  to you because my class (July) majority of my classmates chose the B division (better division) and about two people were forced to go to the A. They only had about 20 students out of 70 go to the A division. The rest of of us are B. I’m sure next class everyone will be able to choose again 

4 hours ago, exj16 said:

Yeah that happened  to you because my class (July) majority of my classmates chose the B division (better division) and about two people were forced to go to the A. They only had about 20 students out of 70 go to the A division. The rest of of us are B. I’m sure next class everyone will be able to choose again 

Yeah yeah yeah just rub it in my face. "B division (best division). 😫😭😭😭

6 hours ago, EgyptianEyez said:

52 C/R in the class only 8 spots for the B and the rest was for the A. Ugh i had to go to the A so annoyed because i live in Brooklyn. Just my luck!

Same here. I was really bummed about that today. I was hoping to get B myself since I live in Queens. The trek to the BX ain’t gonna be fun. Guess I’ll be taking advantage of the free LIRR to Midtown since I live right by it.