Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• +Young+ changed the title to Conductor 6601 Hiring Process
  • 2 weeks later...

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FYI, someone on the 8094 thread just said that there's at least one person from the 6601 list in his school car class that started yesterday.

I guess that would be a provisional hire? I know Transit has been doing that for station agents, hiring and training them before the official list issues.

40 minutes ago, MTAhopefullMatt said:

FYI, someone on the 8094 thread just said that there's at least one person from the 6601 list in his school car class that started yesterday.

I guess that would be a provisional hire? I know Transit has been doing that for station agents, hiring and training them before the official list issues.

I guess he passed the OPA. He was probably one of the first to take it. The not knowing and waiting is just killing the rest of us.

1 hour ago, MTAhopefullMatt said:

@Bmpo7, will the list be posted on the MTA website? 

I know these official hiring lists used to be (still are?) posted in The Chief, but you need a subscription to view anything in The Chief.

That much I didn't ask. I e-mailed them early 2017 and also last week, and both times they told me notice of result letters will be mailed out this spring.

Well the 8094 thread says that feb 2018 will be the last class from that list to be hired. I hope that means we will be next. It is said a girl got in that class from our list.  They also did mention they are calling people in at random not by list numbers. On their list people with higher scores were called way after the lower scores. They also did not have an OPA test....

10 minutes ago, MTAhopefullMatt said:

@123melvin, I don't see how we won't be next, as they've already processed the promotional conductors. Hopefully they keep hiring large numbers of conductors in each school car class.  If that's the case then we should have a chance to get hired in the next year or two.

I am hoping within the next few months we start to get letters for medical. Does anyone here know what the medical is like. Is it like the NYPD.

38 minutes ago, 123melvin said:

Does anyone here know what the medical is like. Is it like the NYPD.

It is not like the NYPD. I'm not 100% exactly sure what the medical is like for Conductor, but to give you a general "idea" of what it is (aka 90%), consider these links:

From B/O Thread 2613: Posts 2234 & 4880 (my apologies about the page numbers on post 4880 being incorrect; this was done before the software upgrade)

From Track Worker 3600 Thread: Posts 307, 591, 606, 862, 1175, 1220, 1241, 1269 & 1667.

Again, this is a general idea (aka 90%), chances are they will be looking for something "specific" which I'm not 100% sure about.

Hope these links help answer your question.

38 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

It is not like the NYPD. I'm not 100% exactly sure what the medical is like for Conductor, but to give you a general "idea" of what it is (aka 90%), consider these links:

From B/O Thread 2613: Posts 2234 & 4880 (my apologies about the page numbers on post 4880 being incorrect; this was done before the software upgrade)

From Track Worker 3600 Thread: Posts 307, 591, 606, 862, 1175, 1220, 1241, 1269 & 1667.

Again, this is a general idea (aka 90%), chances are they will be looking for something "specific" which I'm not 100% sure about.

Hope these links help answer your question.

Thanks. Hopefully we get our chance soon.

Well, per posters on the 8094 thread the last school car class has begun.

Those in 8094 school car have been told they're the last ones being called, and the next class will be 6601.

Here's hoping the official 6601 list comes out soon, and those of us who (unofficially) made good but not top scores get called for OPA.

There appears to be some confusion concerning a post where someone stated that a person who is present in the most recent TA Conductor Exam 8094 (scheduled to expire in February 2018) class that may have taken the TA Conductor Exam 6601 which is not established. So far there was one post from one relatively new member making this statement which I would caution is not confirmed. Again, it is only one person and none of us know the situation (No accusations are being made - but just keep in mind and again, nobody but that person and management are aware of the facts and circumstances).

19 hours ago, Rahmel said:

Did anyone from 6601 get letters for the medical? That’s the first step before you start the class. That’s what we need to be worried about. 

I am a TA Bus Operator, I do not plan on switching over as I have successfully cleared probation a few months ago. The hiring process is likely similar to that of bus operator based on prior posts. The Oral Proficiency Assessment (OPA) is just one component of the hiring process (similar to the Bus Operator Selection Survey - BOSS) and as discussed was given to those with preliminary high scores, more likely will be invited based on need.

When the list is established and scores are mailed (to everyone regardless if they took the OPA), lets say in Spring 2018, the top scorers will receive an invitation for a drug test and some pre-employment paperwork. Then from 2-90 days, candidates that have cleared the drug test will be invited to the medical portion. After some time clearing medical, or perhaps on the same day, candidates will do final processing/swearing in and be scheduled for their first day. Again, this is the likely scenario for new hires.

Edited by 161 New York

@161 New York, thanks for your explanation. 

That seems to make sense. The list could be established at any time from now until the summer (or even potentially later in the year). Those who haven't yet taken the OPA would simply take it as a preliminary pass/fail screening, before their drug test, which comes before the medical portion.  So the order would be: (1) OPA, then (2) urine drug test and preliminary paperwork completed/spot-checked on that visit to Transit; then (3) comprehensive medical screening which, if/when you're cleared, they'll briefly go over your paperwork, employment/criminal history, and possibly swear you in on that date if there's an upcoming class to assign you to.

2 minutes ago, MTAhopefullMatt said:

@161 New York, thanks for your explanation. 

That seems to make sense. The list could be established at any time from now until the summer (or even potentially later in the year). Those who haven't yet taken the OPA would simply take it as a preliminary pass/fail screening, before their drug test, which comes before the medical portion.  So the order would be: (1) OPA, then (2) urine drug test and preliminary paperwork completed/spot-checked on that visit to Transit; then (3) comprehensive medical screening which, if/when you're cleared, they'll briefly go over your paperwork, employment/criminal history, and possibly swear you in on that date if there's an upcoming class to assign you to.

You're welcome. Yes, that is what likely will happen and is similar to what I went through being hired as a bus operator..

5 hours ago, adorkasherri said:

My coworker who is on the older list just went in for an interview like a week or two ago, and she told me a woman from the new list was there. I thought she was mistaken too until I read it here as well.

I scored 98, took the OPA, and still haven't heard anything :/

I’m curious to know what interview your coworker went on. Is it possible to find out what their list number was and if they were informed about an upcoming class being that they were interviewed from old list.